Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
Mini-Z Racing in SOCAL…better than ever! >

Mini-Z Racing in SOCAL…better than ever!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree44Likes

Mini-Z Racing in SOCAL…better than ever!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.57 average.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:51 PM
Tech Regular

see you all this sat!
Old 01-31-2012, 10:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks to steve at R1 for sponsoring the event with the awe some power his battery provides!
Old 02-01-2012, 01:21 AM
Tech Adept

I just sent away all my good bodies for paint so you guys are in luck. Hopefully my 599 decides to perform this Saturday!

Also thanks to Steve for his generosity in becoming a title sponsor for this series. This is shaping up to be a great series!
Old 02-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LAM3SAUCE
see you all this sat!
Xlnt, see you then.

We have a couple of RC veterans coming this Saturday for their first mini-z outing!!! NICE

R1 sponsorship is great. Those batteries are great! have been using 990s forever and they are great all around! Does Steve from R1 have a mini-z and coming to race, anyone know? it'll be cool if he came out, i understand he is a good racer/tuner in other scales like TC.

CCS is definitely looking to be a cool series, lets roll

Brian YGPM.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Unfortunately Alex I think he only uses TC as I think grant helped steve develop those batteries.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MDRTales
Unfortunately Alex I think he only uses TC as I think grant helped steve develop those batteries.
I see! we gotta get Grant develop him a mini-Z for racing next!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mugler
I see! we gotta get Grant develop him a mini-Z for racing next!
I agree Steve is really fast in TC.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Tech Regular

Hello, what are the times for the race this sat?
Old 02-03-2012, 01:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LAM3SAUCE
Hello, what are the times for the race this sat?
Here you go from dedicated CCS thread

Originally Posted by yasuji
RACE SCHEDULE FOR ROUND 1 @ KENON HOBBY
13200 Brooks Dr, Suite E, Baldwin Park, CA91706, USA.
doors open @ NOON
REGISTRATION NOON TILL 3:30PM
open practice NOON till 3:30 pm
ENTRY FEE: 20.00 FOR THE FIRST CLASS AND 10.00 2ND CLASS
CLASSES:
SPORTSMAN STOCK
BOX STOCK
PN RACING GT STOCK
F1 REAL
OPEN MOD

REGISTRATION CLOSE 3:30
QUALIFYING ROUND 1 : 4PM
QUALIFYING ROUND 2 : 5PM
QUALIFYING ROUND 3 : 6PM
OPEN PRACTICE :7PM-7:30 PM
MAINS :7:30 PM
TRACK CLOSE 9PM!

THIS RACE WE WILL ALSO BE HAVING A "GARAGE SALE" MANY 1/10TH SCALE PARTS AND NON MINI-Z RTR KITS WILL BE ON SALE RACE DAY ONLY!
SEE U @ THE TRACK!
Old 02-03-2012, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

feb 4 2012
KENON HOBBY
13200 Brooks Dr, Suite E, Baldwin Park, CA91706, USA.
2012 R1WURKS SO-CAL MINI-Z CCS ROUND 1

THIS RACE WE WILL ALSO BE HAVING A "GARAGE SALE" MANY 1/10TH SCALE PARTS AND NON MINI-Z RTR KITS WILL BE ON SALE RACE DAY ONLY!
Old 02-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Tech Regular

Hello all, Does anyone know or have a perfex kt-18 they want to sell, please let me know Thanks all.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Default CCS Round 1

Click for Results & Videos for CCS Round 1
Old 02-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Tech Master

N.I.A racers from Japan are already at it again... this time keeping current with 2012 step down front F1 nose...incredible workmanship!

Old 02-09-2012, 01:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by color0
I actually didn't do anything to the tires. The rears had less grip IMO than Clement's fresh grooved rears, but that was OK since I put only an 80t motor into your car. Thanks to the tire choice I got a little more turn-in than everyone and that made the difference I think. Consistency got pretty bad at the end of the night though, the F1 really loves to pivot around the front wheels and I can't always catch the slide.

What I did do to your car: I lubed up the front kingpins with fluorine oil so that they'd actually slide, greased all three damper tubes with Kyosho 15k diff grease, and put two PN Orange shims above the left carbon flex plate. Then I rebuilt the diff packing it full of Kyosho ball diff grease, re-ground the "ball groove" into the diff plates with some full-throttle diff slipping, then tightened it a bit to get the final setting. The rear left wheel hub was too loose so I reset that to less than 0.1mm side-to-side play. I shimmed the front axles to get the front wheels to get less than 0.1mm side-to-side play -- if I had extra crush washers I would have put them in for you to eliminate the side-to-side play entirely.

For next time, I was going to mount new rear tires, the Kyosho FRP flex plates, and solder in the 50t motor; then put 30k diff grease in the two side damper tubes. That combination should keep the car planted with the additional power while not sacrificing too much turn-in (more rear damping), and I think it should "do the trick" in terms of getting the setup right.

My GT Stock car desperately needs new tires all around, lol... I'll have that done before next Saturday, I must catch Drew.
Brian I took the liberty of bringing the discussion to this thread to keep CCS about CCS as much as possible.

As far as GT stock I'm surprised both of us were off pace by that much as well ...less than a month ago this would have not been the case in the least. I do suspect tires also not only freshness but to know exactly what tires Drew & Opi were using...maybe there is something to be said about those PN 6's whether in radial or slicks is another question to be explored...also have noticed more experimentation of front tires after last batch of X15's ran out...peeps are trying out different PN compounds from what i gathered based on Grants advise.

Cool about the development of F1 rig...I'd like to see how you will run with it next session!
On my F1 I found out there were all kinds of loose post screws, motor dragging on track and other things out of place when I did a post race inspection at home. maybe it can run half decent next time just with those sorted out.
Either way driving & developing setup on F1's is really different in a very enjoyable kind of way...i think you know what I mean
Old 02-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Brave new racing rule (FYI) if running Grant Mini z Race

Now it's possible to win a race without crossing the finish line!

(If you want to read the whole discussion go to the Mini Z SO-CAL series forum)

I find these most interesting:

Originally Posted by yasuji
ok i guess my mind read this rule differently then the 2 of you did..... so i have revised it so you dont think i am contradicting my self!

Regardless of the length of the race, at the completion of the time, the end of the race will be announced via horn, or other audio method. All
drivers must then complete the lap they are running. in the event that any driver/car is unable to finish the final lap, The driver/car will be credited with the time and lap of the final lap COMPLETED.
In cases where two drivers have the same number of laps in the same round, the driver with the lower elapsed time will be positioned higher in the racing order.

i.e. IN A 4 MIN RACE:
A driver who completes 20 laps in 3:50.00 beats a driver with 20 laps in 4:02.00 in the same round.
So you are making it up as it goes. Modifying the rule to fit your interpretation does not make it better or right.

And what a goofy rule!

So these new rule- a grand contribution to modern racing I suppose- establishes that is not necessary to cross the finish line to win a race.

Then you don't need a finish line... Brilliant!

Oh boy!
M

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.57 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.