Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
Mini-Z Racing in SOCAL…better than ever! >

Mini-Z Racing in SOCAL…better than ever!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree44Likes

Mini-Z Racing in SOCAL…better than ever!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.57 average.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by neoneo1neo
very nice detail
Pretty much the most anticipated body release since online pre-release announcements took hold, even the R8 and Mc Laren became popular "after" they were released and known to perform. The details in close ups look amazing!....here's hoping to release of kit versions too. (white bodies)

sensored brushless anyone?
Big leap forward in motor size shrinkage from last sensored 28th scale offerings from X-power BUT even though it may not look it the motor itself is still quiet a bit larger in diameter than standard sensorless motors and the esc itself even decased is simply huge so still no good for 2wd until they make one specifically to fit in one. Once these get used in AWD's for a while I'd like to hear the feedback to see if there's actually any feel or performance advantage over the senseless ones... never heard any complaints about the senseless ones, the firmware is so good that they already drive just like sensoreds.

Last edited by mugler; 05-20-2017 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Default Fast lap times for Skinny class, revealed.

Fast lap results for skinny 86mm 8.22x ( from before) 3500 kv/lithium/8pinion
Fast lap results fro skinny 90mm 8.113 (new as of yesterday) 70T/Nimh/Open gearing

So low 8's where its at.
Attached Thumbnails -img_1784.jpg  
Old 05-24-2017, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

11 Days left Till next Track Day on June 4th, Practice & PNTA Lap Attacks rolled into one

For reference of what to shoot for on track day, will post some confirmed Super Stock & 86-90 Skinny lap times in a few days. These are the 2 racing Classes in August.

BTW please be sure you are always running with a transponder in 'every" car or else it's same as winking in the dark The latest version is only 22 bucks and comes with orange LED and thicker wires and plug sockets on the board, very trick & small.

Weekends Schedule for rest of 2017 at PN Racing: Track is ALSO open every week day for practice and Time Attacks, check calendar on website to avoid off days

Sunday, January 1st - Track Day/Practice 10:00am-6:00pm DONE
Sunday, February 5th - Track Day/Practice 10:00am-6:00pm DONE
Sunday, March 5th - Track Day/Practice 10:00am-6:00pm DONE
Saturday, April 1st - Practice before Race Day 10:00am-5:00pm (this practice day to be confirmed in March) DONE
Sunday, April 2nd - Racing - 1) Le Mans Class 2) 94mm class / Doors open 8:00am, Racing Starts at 11:00amDONE
Sunday, May 7th - Track Day/Practice 10:00am-6:00pm
DONE
Sunday, June 4th - Track Day/Practice & Time Attacks 10:00am-6:00pm << NEXT
Sunday, July 2nd - Track Day/Practice 10:00am-6:00pm
Saturday, August 5th - Practice before Race Day 10:00am-5:00pm (This practice day to be confirmed in July)
Sunday, August 6th - RACING - Class(es) to be announced in April
Sunday, September 3rd - Track Day/Practice
Sunday, October 1st - Track Day/Practice (due to iic & perhaps PNAC schedule conflicts possible change to 3rd weekend TBA in August)
Sunday, November 19th - Track Day/Practice (note: the only 3rd Sunday track day of the year due to PNWC falling on first Sunday in November)
Saturday, December 2nd - Practice before Race Day 10:00am-5:00pm (This Practice day to be confirmed in November)
Sunday December 3rd - RACING, Class(es) to be announced in August
Old 05-27-2017, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Pre-registerd number of drivers for August's race up to 6 now.All signed up for both classes. Thumbnail List Of Drivers Attached.
August Race Pre-Registration & Class info Link.

One last chance to lower lap times on June 4th on this layout before it's changed to a new one for July PN Time Attacks.

Here are "some" lap times on this layout from May's weekend and weekdays for referance of what to shoot for next weekend:

Super Stock

Charles 7.271
Alex 7.291
PSUN 7.547
Artin 7.604
Paul 7.667
Pasacal 7.904
Doug 7.994

86-90mm / Skinny tires all around.

Phillip NG (90mm - 2005 Porsche GT3 RS) 8.113
Alex (86mm - Porsche 934) 8.048
PSUN (90mm - Ferrari F40) 8.324
Charles (86mm - Porsche 934) Fastest car on track but you need one of these in your car so we know your lap times

Attached Thumbnails -screen-shot-2017-05-27-12.06.52-pm.png  
Old 06-02-2017, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Practice & Time Attack this Sunday & BTW despite previous post the layout was changed to (thumbnail attached) June's PNTA layout to be in sync with the world wide PNTA program and time submittals.

These pics are from yesterday.
Arrival of shipment at 11:00 am

Remaining stock at 6:00p same day
Hopefully a few still available to be picked up on Sunday.

Attached Thumbnails -june.jpg  
Old 06-05-2017, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Default June Weekend PN Track Day in the books

Another solid "Weekend" track day with 10 Racers slicing & dicing it on the track.
a reminder track IS open every weekday for practice & recording best laps from 10am to 5pm. Always double check here to confirm store is open on the day you're planning to visit.
To see how your best laps stack up world wide go to:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1910...638/?ref=br_rs

Time sheet for 1st session of time attacks attached (thumbnail).
Results for 1st session of 15 minutes WUB Race attached (thumbnail).

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Twin Orange Porsche Action from 4:35 mins and on

\/ \/

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Attached Thumbnails -img_1820.jpg   -img_1817.jpg  

Last edited by mugler; 06-05-2017 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Results for Race What You Brung #2 of 2 of the day attached.
Unexpectedly fast best laps for 86mm's ! both cars on the same lap
Attached Thumbnails -rwub-2.jpg  
Old 06-06-2017, 04:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Twin Orange Porsche Action from 4:35 is epic!!! love it
Old 06-07-2017, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Twin Orange Porsche Action from 4:35 is epic!!! love it
A joy to drive too

So looks like the new BL sensored system from Team Powers fits in 2WD's just fine!
Looking forward to seeing videos and feedbacks as more people get busy with these.

Old 06-07-2017, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nice. Does Is Kenon stock that system?
Old 06-08-2017, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xsracer
Nice. Does Is Kenon stock that system?
Not yet, it's too new and PN has it's own line of BL motors (sensor-less of course) so they may decide not to carry it for now but even if thy did I would have waited for more general feedback. Also the power this motor puts out can only be used for mod racing which means at PN will be good for time attacks & running as Grants practice time lamb car ()but not the tri-annual racing events, till we add a mod class possibly next year.

It is very well thought out though...leaves absolutely no extra adjustments to be desired... all there already:

Old 06-09-2017, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mugler
Not yet, it's too new and PN has it's own line of BL motors (sensor-less of course) so they may decide not to carry it for now but even if thy did I would have waited for more general feedback. Also the power this motor puts out can only be used for mod racing which means at PN will be good for time attacks & running as Grants practice time lamb car ()but not the tri-annual racing events, till we add a mod class possibly next year.

It is very well thought out though...leaves absolutely no extra adjustments to be desired... all there already:

Um.... rumor has it that its twice the cost of the PN system or the kyosho system for that fact... and aside from the motor rotation and finer adjustment points I don't feelthat this is a necessity but please someone buy one... I'll test it for u.... hahahaha
Old 06-10-2017, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by yasuji
Um.... rumor has it that its twice the cost of the PN system or the kyosho system for that fact... and aside from the motor rotation and finer adjustment points I don't feelthat this is a necessity but please someone buy one... I'll test it for u.... hahahaha
RC mart has the motor & ESC combo for a price comparable to existing sysytems but looks like without the LCD card... the ebay listings are probably fishing for people wiling to pay markup before wide availability.

Reason I'm not getting it yet is coz I neither see nor feel even one short coming with existing sensorless systems...I need to be convinced that somehow or other sensored is actually better & faster before I'm willing to set up a new car and deal with that extra sensor wire etc.

BTW they do come in two flavors but both still in mod territory...7200kv & 8400kv.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by yasuji
the boost and turbo delay settings can sure help you go even more insanely faster.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mugler
RC mart has the motor & ESC combo for a price comparable to existing sysytems but looks like without the LCD card... the ebay listings are probably fishing for people wiling to pay markup before wide availability.

Reason I'm not getting it yet is coz I neither see nor feel even one short coming with existing sensorless systems...I need to be convinced that somehow or other sensored is actually better & faster before I'm willing to set up a new car and deal with that extra sensor wire etc.

BTW they do come in two flavors but both still in mod territory...7200kv & 8400kv.
i think the power output curve for sensored BL could be more linear compare to sensorless BL system. and since now with these you can fine tune timing and turbo, if you set turbo delay, may be you can pulling the throttle harder and earlier when exiting an apex. and let the motor do the work. some one pls buy it and try it out!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.57 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.