Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"The Short Course Race" at West Coast R/C Raceway

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

I already signed up yesterday. Question will tekins be allowed in the stock classes? Will that be regulated?
Old 05-11-2010, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Default 10 days left

Only 10 days left before The Short Course Race. Get those signups in.

Couple Changes:

1. We are going to rebuild this current layout Sunday night and it will be availalbe for practice monday at 3pm. We are adding a few new scections to the current layout. Everyone seems to like the current layout and the changes we are making will only make it better. This will allow for one more day of practice on the revamped layout.

2. Friday night, we will have an enduro race along with our normal club races. We will except up to 14 teams of 3 with a 1hr enduro race. (must have 3 seperate SC trucks) One person racing, one in the pits, and one marshalling. More info coming soon tomorrow.

Last weekend we were at 702 raceway in Las Vegas for the Silver State Short Course Championships. What a great race it was, Garrett and the whole 702 family have a great facility and ran a great program. Congradulations to all the winners and we look forward to seeing everyone at The Short Course Race.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by marvin2.5s
I already signed up yesterday. Question will tekins be allowed in the stock classes? Will that be regulated?
Marvin, all the limitations are posted on theshortcourserace.com. The Tekin, LRP, Mamba Max Pro, and all other speedo's will be allowed. sd
Old 05-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

how much will the enduro race cost
Old 05-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Cool

Oh i see, so they are allowed, hmmmm ok.
I really believe there ought to be a software check or something, cause those turbo ESC's are gonna eat up those who dont have it, no matter how good you are you wont be able to hang with them on the straights, its called stock spec for a reason, so whats so spec about that stock spec class, I blieve when something is called stock spec its because something is madatory and regulated to keep the plain field even and fair. just my opinion, reason I say it, is because we did a compititon with those dang tekins and a mamba and we barely kept up in a enduro, and we had a good bunch of drivers that drove as good as sponsored drivers. it wasnt even a race really its like racing a 370z stock motor with one that has a turbo. I dont know if anyone is going to agree with this, but thats what I believe. heck I might be the only one who doesnt have a turbo esc, but hey there should've been a stock 17.5 non turbo class. I swear those guys who invented the turbo esc really hated losing, because that sucks the fun out of racing, knowing I have to spend 200bucks on a esc just to keep up. Im not gonna have any fun getting smoked especially have to drive all the way from riverside and pay 40 bucks just to get whopped, when I got no chance at finishing well let alone winning, Im just saying I dont want to insult anyone but this is my opinion and im sticking by it.

Last edited by marvin2.5s; 05-12-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Marvin...

Why all the hostility....? The 17.5 class is open to all speedos . If you want a true spec class, then sign up for spec. Most of the top guys, dont use turbo, only a timing advancement. Nobody is forcing you to buy anything. If you want to run a Tekin or LRP you can, if you dont , dont worry about it. By the way...The Tekin speedo is only 160 bucks and not $200. It is updatable at any time and you wont need a new speedo every year. Technology is a great thing....get on board.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Thats the thing, i dont mean to complain, but it seems like theres less and less classes that stick to low budget, and I cant run stock RTR because my speedo went out and im really running low on money, I really like what charlie did with the whole 17.5 spec combo class, everyone has the same stuff it all depends on driver and setup, and I think that makes racing fun, close even plain field as well as the truspec class, no hostility it just bothers me that the big competitions dont ever include a class where everything has to be around the same plain field like RCGT for example sportsmen no turbos esc allowed while expert you can, but again it makes sense because if your an expert you ought to be sponsored and have the means to afford one. No hostilty and I know i dont have to run that class but I dont have the means to go out and buy yet another speedo just for 2 days and never use it again. But hey its ok no big deal, you guys have fun racing.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Marvin, we were just at 702 and everyone race different types of motors, speedo, etc. If your worried about getting smoked run a rtr motor. This should be faster than at 17.5 brushless.

Also, Marvin I totally understand the "tekin" vs a non timing speedo in onoad but in offroad it's really not that big of a deal. There isn't going to be a jump that a timing speedo can jump that you can't. In fact, a rtr motor and speedo is just as fast as a 17.5 with tekin. You might not believe that but we've tested it with the speed trap device we have.

In the end, you'll be just fine Marvin. If you can run a 5 minute qualifier without crashing you qualify in the top 3. Offroad isn't effected by the timing boost like onroad is. Especially on a technical track.

Please feel free to comment on any other concerns but I will not punish someone who has decided to upgrade their electronics because I get to see it all the time and it just not that big of a deal.

Thanks for your impute Marvin and can't wait to see you an your dad.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

no its cool danny i just wanted to express something I had on my mind for awhile. No big deal, I dont want to sound like im crying or nothing, its just something i wanted to say, this is one of my hobbies, and I enjoy doing it especially since I have to pull alot of strings just to make it to the races, and lack of money dont help at all hahaha. But thanks danny for answering back in a great and professional way.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Marvin, I hope you and everyone else understands that TSCR is going to be a fun race with lots of good racing and many raffle prizes. Your going to have fun and if you need help with anything Yoy know you can always come to me. R/C is all about confidence and if you don't have it than second is all you can hope for. Your car will be as good as any now it's up to you.

Charlie runs a great spec series but it's different when you run SC trucks on dirt compared to asphault. Running a SC on a road course is fundifferenT different type of traction. It's like comparing apples to oranges and that's also where you would see a difference in speed.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

true that is very true, and thanks danny for the help and confidance to go to you for any help. I appreciate it, im gonna try and go its gonna be tough but it should be fun, and of course, I honestly dont ever expect to win all the time by any means I never expect to get first, thats impossible unless you practice hard and have the best equipment. But at least to have fun while racing thats what matters to me heck, i'll be happy with 7th place but as long as I know I gave it my best and equipment wasnt a big diff. Thanks danny hope to see you there.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

danny s has a pm
Old 05-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

i can kinda understand the ESC thing from those that dont have the "Cheater Esc's"
i drive 8th scale buggy...and pretty much hold my own.....
but when a 17.5 10th scale can run along side of me! with a SC truck!
ya know for those that have a "Stock Spec" they dont stand a snowballs chance in,well you know where...

i say if they run 1 second faster than "on Average" put them in a "Mod or Open Class"
or do what they call "Seeding" easy to do and usualy "Eliminates"
those that have the esc that can boost or over time the motor to those that do not, this way the "Mod-Stockers" can run among them selves and the true "Stock" runners can run with them selves.....
we used to do this from time to time on other races and would really help in a good seporation to be "Equal"
the trick, run them in "IFMAR Format" they could hold back?? but would hurt for a better Qualifing During the "Controlled Practice" if doing a seeding format, then it would be real Obvious when the Qualifiers start when they are 2+ seconds "per Lap" on the rest of the field,then you can easily "knock them up to where there Suposed to Be" "In Modified"

i feel and this is just a "personal Opinion" if they have a cheater type esc, then you run "Mod" or some form of "Open" no if's and's or Buts...
true those that will argue well if you put the same in the hands of a good driver they can keep up....ok, but then some of those may not be that good of a driver?
then how bout those that are on the same Caliber of driving abilities??
then the one that has the cheater esc has a "Overwhelming Advantage" BAR NONE.....
true how to regulate it is hard? but there is "No Denying" those that have them have a definite "Advantage" will those that have them "Will They" be honest to turn them off?? 99% chance says they wont? but say "I Turned It Off".

then there is another option? for the race Do Not Have stock....
just Modified.
4wd SC Mod Expert
4wd SC mod Sportsman
2wd SC mod Expert
2wd SC Mod Sportsman
this probally wont be accepted? but just a thought, as then you'll have a open "Playing field" everyone is "Even" as they have some kind of Modified system be it a cheater esc to boost the motor to a Modifed state,or you just have a Modified Motor...."Simple"
then if you dont have a mod or cheater esc you know where you "Stand"
be less to get a motor then a whole system....
then if you do "Have" a cheater esc trying for that unfair advantage
"You'll Know Where You'll Stand"
and yet another option,
those that have cheater esc's they are regulated to a "Handout Motor"
21.5 etc. kinda expensive? but just a thought?

yet another Option, have a "Tech Station" this is the easiest........
those racing in a Specific class say for "Stock Spec" that have a cheater ESC. or all those that are racing the "Stock Spec"
those that ae running any "Mod Class dont go through Tech"
but
have them to go through Tech, Before-and right after the "End of the race"
where the "Techs" set the ESC "BEFORE the RACE" so there is no way the racer or his "Pit" buddy can do so..
and a Area to be driven to after the race where the Tech's pick up the cars
so once again where the pit buddy or the Racer "Can Not" change the ESC when "Bringing it to Tech.....if a pit buddy or anyone else other than "Tech"
picks up the car from the track BEFORE or AFTER "For Any Reason" as the setting can be changed very Quickly!, that driver is Disqualified and racing day is "Over" no if's and's or But's.............
now this may seem unfair or mean? but this is not the way it's is suposed to sound? just "Fair" and is in no way what i mean to say by trying to seporate anyone? but think of it like this? if your "playing by the Rules" you'll have no "Argument" and if you are playing by the rules then there is "No Problem"
and no reason to be Upset........
again not to reflect on WCRC but just an Opinion in General and just a Thought....
Old 05-12-2010, 11:39 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

I completely agree with that blade, all Im getting at is that hopefully next time theres a big race like this, is that there can be a class for us non turbo esc's is all, trust me i bought a 80 dollar speedo and motor combo, and its fun to drive. But I completely agree, but thats cool nothing against the west coast crew I was just expressing my opinion that I had on my mind for awhile. Hopefully next time there might be a class for none 17.5 turbo's esc's? just a thought if thats possible, like I said nice job danny for bringing this type of short course competition to west coast great idea, really awesome idea.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marvin2.5s
I completely agree with that blade, all Im getting at is that hopefully next time theres a big race like this, is that there can be a class for us non turbo esc's is all, trust me i bought a 80 dollar speedo and motor combo, and its fun to drive. But I completely agree, but thats cool nothing against the west coast crew I was just expressing my opinion that I had on my mind for awhile. Hopefully next time there might be a class for none 17.5 turbo's esc's? just a thought if thats possible, like I said nice job danny for bringing this type of short course competition to west coast great idea, really awesome idea.
I dont mean to sound brutal but racing r/c cars cost money. For some the cost to race at a competitive level is just too much. What I'm hearing is because you cant afford the hobby you want to penalize those who can?

If money is tight then a big race isnt the place for you. Tires alone cost more than a new esc. Club racing can be done on a tight budget.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.