Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
RE-OPENING of BCR (Bending Corners Raceway Orange, CA) >

RE-OPENING of BCR (Bending Corners Raceway Orange, CA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RE-OPENING of BCR (Bending Corners Raceway Orange, CA)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micro-E
^^^^^^ +1 on the two points above...

There currently is no option for a Sat pm on road program out there and there are exiting Sat am programs. The intent is not to split attendence and cause competition (reducing turn out) between locations, but to provide options for new venues.

There is a reason we are seeing more votes for #2. WC and the new TQ has Sat am programs. People (well me anyway) DO want to race at different venues, and do NOT want to split attendence. I am glad Sundays are not up for voting or I would never make it to BCR. I started with OC Circuit on Sundays and I want to continue to support that tremendous effort.

If I wanted to care less about the other programs already running, and pick the best time for ME, heck Sat am then for BCR as it is only 10min from my house.

BCR guys - WHat about a mid week option? A Thursday nite? I believe WC has Tues nite and TQ has Wed nite.
Option 1 IS for Sunday racing?
Old 03-30-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I focus my race schedule around the F1 series we're running at WCRC on the third sunday . F1 is my favorite class. Night racing is a lot of fun . And since it seams that night racing is only for the summer ? I'll take option numero dos . What up Raff ?, You must still have your girly figure since getting in and out of those karts isn't for guys who like to eat as their second best hobby like me.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Old Tech
Option 1 IS for Sunday racing?
Whoops,,,brain fart. Too many days,,,,too many options between tracks now... can't think straight

<I'll be quiet now....>
Old 03-30-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micro-E
Whoops,,,brain fart. Too many days,,,,too many options between tracks now... can't think straight

<I'll be quiet now....>
LOL! No need to keep quiet, I was just confused...nothing new on my end.

Under the lights sounds fun...time to put some lights on something...
Old 03-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

IMO the weekend race is just too crowded. It's a no win-win situation for everyone. Choosing #1 will conflict with the other Sunday races like Camarillo and Charlie's. Choosing #2 will conflict WCRC races. Since Raf only wants to race once a week, why not make it a week night race. Judging by the poll, most of the racers are eager to race at night. A Thursday race under the lights would be awesome. Back in the days, we race at both ABC track and this track when it was called Ultimate Hobbies Track on weeknights and get a good amount of racers. It's gonna a different experience, outdoor race at night, I think it's awesome. just my .02 cents.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I like night racing too--- Thursday would work for me--- I've been going to Westcoast on Tuesdays.
FWIW
Tim
Old 03-30-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Default Your Vote Counts

Your votes continue to count, and your voices are being heard.

Option #1 (Sunday Morning) = 3

Option #2 (Saturday Evening) = 17
Old 03-30-2010, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pauld
IMO the weekend race is just too crowded. It's a no win-win situation for everyone. Choosing #1 will conflict with the other Sunday races like Camarillo and Charlie's. Choosing #2 will conflict WCRC races. Since Raf only wants to race once a week, why not make it a week night race. Judging by the poll, most of the racers are eager to race at night. A Thursday race under the lights would be awesome. Back in the days, we race at both ABC track and this track when it was called Ultimate Hobbies Track on weeknights and get a good amount of racers. It's gonna a different experience, outdoor race at night, I think it's awesome. just my .02 cents.
On choice #2, conflict should not be an issue since as far as I know Saturday On-Road moved to afternoon slot since it started few weeks ago, and for those who still want to race at the same day, Saturday night racing at BCR is the ticket. One of these days, I'd like to come to BCR again and do night racing for once.

Yep, my vote's for #2.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Anybody talking about racing 1/24th pancar. Serpant S240? How many do you need for a class?
Old 03-30-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Anybody up for mini-z? I Got the track, timing system, and transponders.

LMK. I know Tim Nieja will race. Right Tim.........Tim.....cricket, cricket, cricket.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Addict

What Classes are folks interested in?

of course no nitro.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:59 PM
KDR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raffell
What Classes are folks interested in?

of course no nitro.
First Class....

of course no coach....
Old 03-31-2010, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

a.) 17.5 (any speedo)

b.) F1
Old 03-31-2010, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCD WldCrd
On choice #2, conflict should not be an issue since as far as I know Saturday On-Road moved to afternoon slot since it started few weeks ago, and for those who still want to race at the same day, Saturday night racing at BCR is the ticket. One of these days, I'd like to come to BCR again and do night racing for once.

Yep, my vote's for #2.
Don't take this personally but ALOT of you guys don't see the issue here!!! WC starts racing at 1:00pm, racing ends around 4:30pm at the earliest. Let's say at the latest BC starts racing at 6:00pm. That means if a driver wants to run at BC he/she has to hustle over to BC, factor in traffic, factor in that he/she will more than likely not be able to practice, don't forget having to unload their gear and FIND a place to setup. So as I said before it splits the racers, cause it will be EXTREMELY difficult to try and support both tracks on the same day which means he/she has to choose only 1 track. I like both tracks and want to support both but with Sat. night racing now I have to choose 1?!?!?! That's NO BUENO gents!!!!
Old 03-31-2010, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.