TQ RC RACING in Chino, California >

TQ RC RACING in Chino, California

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree348Likes

TQ RC RACING in Chino, California

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spring71
Track will be closed tomorrow, Feb 17th.

See you guys next week.
Bummer I was going to head out and get some pratice in my new VTA

Old 02-17-2013, 09:47 AM
Tech Addict

now that my 2nd favorite form of RC racing has concluded its winter series i'm wanting to do some of my 1st favorite form of RC racing.

anyone want to join? i have one and possibly two extra bikes that are ready to run which i can use for teaching how to control these things. maybe start out in the parking lot before moving onto the track because these things are kinda tricky. tricky but rewarding once you get it.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Attached Thumbnails TQ RC RACING in Chino, California-1-8-bikes.jpg  
Old 02-18-2013, 09:18 AM
Tech Rookie

You know I want to "join"!
Old 02-18-2013, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Deguzman
now that my 2nd favorite form of RC racing has concluded its winter series i'm wanting to do some of my 1st favorite form of RC racing.

anyone want to join? i have one and possibly two extra bikes that are ready to run which i can use for teaching how to control these things. maybe start out in the parking lot before moving onto the track because these things are kinda tricky. tricky but rewarding once you get it.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Which bike is that,Kyosho or ?
Old 02-18-2013, 11:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xsracer
Looks more like Thunder Tiger or Dura Trax because of the size. I think there's Venom too. the Kyosho is like Mini-Z size, a bit bigger 1/18 scale. Will TQ hold a Supebike series?
Old 02-18-2013, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

+ YouTube Video
Originally Posted by xsracer
Originally Posted by multiracer2
Looks more like Thunder Tiger or Dura Trax because of the size. I think there's Venom too. the Kyosho is like Mini-Z size, a bit bigger 1/18 scale. Will TQ hold a Supebike series?
Yes, I'm very interested in having Bike race at TQ.

Also, I've been getting some requests...

If you guys have one bring them out. If there is enough interests, I'll definately have Bike class at TQ.

We need to decide what scale and motor to run....

Thanks.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

UF1 Winter Series final vids are up.

http://www.tqrcracing.com/forum/gallery.asp

Thanks.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you guys have one bring them out. If there is enough interests, I'll definately have Bike class at TQ.

Thanks.
Cool, seems like turn marshals are not necessary since these bikes right themselves up w/ their Gyros. HHmm how about the transponders? where to put them? I'm sure Team Honda Repsol would fit perfectly right.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video

are thinking 1/8 on carpet?
Old 02-18-2013, 07:56 PM
Tech Addict

the bikes i posted in the picture are 1/8 scale made by ZH racing. these are the same size as the Kyosho HOR and Venom bikes. i've run my ZH bikes at WCRC and at CAL. the 1/8 size are perfect for these size tracks. i think they would be awesome at TQ.

the bike on the video is a larger 1/5 scale Thunder Tiger SB-5 (which i designed). that bike would be too big and too fast for an indoor track but i just wanted to show what a good handling bike would look like lapping on a track.

to run at a carpet track i'd have to modify the 'crash bars' to 'crash roller' so that it doesn't damage the carpet. (crash bars are like roll hoops attached to the side of the bike to limit the lean angle). i've ordered some crash rollers for my bikes to make them more suitable for carpet. once i get the bikes ready i'll start bringing them to TQ and i'll let everyone know so we can organize a 'try-me' bike day.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:03 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks.
i'm glad there are others interested! i'd be very happy to help out to get bike racing going at TQ since it is my favorite class and my favorite track!

for scale for sure 1/8 or smaller. there are several types of 1/8 bikes available (Kyosho, Venom, ZH)

as for motors i'd say leave it open for now. these bike are harder to handle with faster motors. usually i get faster lap times with a slower motor. (FYI the 1/8 bikes use the same size motors and batteries as 1/18 cars, the 1/5 bikes use the same size motors and batteries as 1/10 cars).

Kyosho also has their new 1/12 Mini-Z bikes. i haven't driven one of these but from videos it looks like they're very easy even for novices because it comes with a gyro. i think i'll order one of these.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by multiracer2
Cool, seems like turn marshals are not necessary since these bikes right themselves up w/ their Gyros. HHmm how about the transponders? where to put them? I'm sure Team Honda Repsol would fit perfectly right.
the Kyosho Mini-Z bikes have gyros but the larger bikes don't so you'd still need marshalls.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

the Kyosho Mini-Z bikes have gyros but the larger bikes don't so you'd still need marshalls.
I have a Kyosho HOR that I never built.Will I need a lot of extras from the stock kit to make it run smooth ? I also have a Futaba intergrated esc receiver but it's AM with 2.4 ghz now available what electronics fit this kit for best results?
Old 02-18-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

i have a Kyosho HOR too which i've built but never installed any electronics. i just bought it to see how the rider guy moves. i'm sure we can figure out how to install modern electronics in it.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

i have a Kyosho HOR too which i've built but never installed any electronics. i just bought it to see how the rider guy moves. i'm sure we can figure out how to install modern electronics in it.
O.K. I'll make it a point to start building it a.s.a.p. thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.