R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   California Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/california-racing-145/)
-   -   2010 RCGT Showdown (https://www.rctech.net/forum/california-racing/369232-2010-rcgt-showdown.html)

lightfoot 02-10-2010 12:32 PM

Whats up with ( www.rcgtshowdown.com ) :confused:
should I delete it from my bookmarks ?

Hebiki 02-10-2010 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by lightfoot (Post 6986522)

nope. its being transferred.

SpeedTech 02-10-2010 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by lightfoot (Post 6986522)

Not yet... I'm changing the host. It will be back online soon. :)

Old Tech 02-11-2010 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by stitchy (Post 6985721)
"Tekin v200" refers to the version of software that is allowed for the Tekin RS and RS Pro ESCs. Any software versions over 200 (like v203) are not allowed.

v200.1???:p

So my GTB would be competitive? No ZOOM...what the?!?!...dang that guy blew by me like I was standing still stuff? The only boost will be on a stool to get a better view of the track? NAICE!!!:nod: Now, if I could just figure out how to actually make it to a race. Right now I am only free on 6/13!:cry: Kids and travel team sports...:weird:

andyh 02-11-2010 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by SpeedTech (Post 6982042)
So Cal RCGT fans, the RCGT Showdown is back for another round of action.

2010 RCGT Showdown

General Rules
  • Classes: Expert and Sportsman
  • Any chassis
  • Body: Any realistic body. HPI and Tamiya bodies are preferred. No Protoform "race” bodies.
  • Tires: HPI X-Pattern tires with the stock insert only.
  • Wheels: Any 26mm non-dish wheel.
  • Motor: Any ROAR legal 17.5 BL or 27T brushed
  • ESC:
    • Expert: Any ESC available over the counter. No prototypes.
    • Sportsman: We’ll be enforcing a controlled ESC environment. Tekin v203, Black Diamond, and LRP SXX-SS are not legal. You may use the LRP SPX, Tekin v200, and older ESC’s.
  • Battery: Any ROAR legal 7.4v lipo or 6-cell nimh.
  • Weight: 1450 grams on all cars. The winner of each round will receive an addition 50 grams of weight for the remainder of the series. This gives other racers a small handicap to win.
  • Tech: A tech station will be established at each race to enforce the series rules. Let’s all please demonstrate good sportsmanship and adhere to the rules above. This is a hobby for all of us and fun should be our main priority.

Based on a 100 point system for mains only.
  • 1st place = 100 points
  • 2nd place = 99 points
  • 3rd place = 98 points, etc.

Bonus points for:
  • 1 bonus point for attendance
  • 1 bonus point for TQ
  • 1 bonus “style” point for 2 mounted body accessories, i.e. mirrors, wipers, exhaust, etc. No exceptions.
  • Each racer will have 2 throw outs.

Schedule
  • Round 1 – March 13 – West Coast Raceway, La Mirada
  • Round 2 – April 4 – Surf City Raceway, Huntington Beach
  • Round 3 – April 18 – Hobbytown Corona, Corona
  • Round 4 – May 22 – West Coast Raceway, La Mirada
  • Round 5 – June 13 – Speedtech RC, San Gabriel
  • Round 6 – TBA – Freedom Park, Camarillo, home of the Road Runners

I would like to thank Steve Wang and Chris Lim for laying down some ground work earlier in the planning process. Due to family obligations, they are no longer assisting in the management of the series. Please direct ALL questions to [email protected].

Let's race!!! Get those RCGT cars on the track and tuned up at a track near you.

Looks good!

:)

DannyS 02-12-2010 12:21 AM

RCGT

Hey guys, we're happy to be hosting Round 1 of the RCGT Showdown series. Thank you Jeff for working so hard to put this awesome series together. Nobody can deny how much you love this hobby and all the hard work shows off. Like many, this will be my first RCGT Showdown and I will make it to almost all the races. I also want to thank Chris Lim and Steve Wang for all the effor they went threw to get the ball rolling and having the desire to help out. I'm sure we'll see each other sooner than later.

Now, to the RCGT Showdown. We have the pleasure to host round 1 and we'll try and make it the most memorable RCGT race you've attended. If you guys have any tips for us let me or the staff know via pm or on this thread.

We're going to install the RCGT layout Thursday, March 4th two day before we host the RCGT Warmup Race Saturday, March 6th. After Saturday is over, we will reinstall our existing layout until the following Thursday, March 11th where we will once again install the RCGT layout and allow for practice two day before Round 1 of RCGT.

RCGT Practice:
Thursday 4th & 11th, 3pm - 11pm
Friday 5th & 12th, 3pm - 11pm
RCGT Warmup Race, Saturday March 6th, Doors open at 10am, Racing starts at 1pm.
RCGT Showdown Series Round 1, March 13th, Doors open at 10am, Racing starts at 1pm

Please let us know what we can do to help your experience at West Coast be the best you've ever had and what tires, wheels, bodies, ect, you'd like to see us stock.

As a little present from us to you, we will host a free BBQ to all. Thank you to the Sausage King aka Mike "chorizo" Molina for all his past and future donations. We look forward to seeing all the winner on the podium.

J-VET 02-12-2010 06:56 AM

Can anyone give any tips on tires? I picked up a set of pro belted that I will try out this Sunday. Are these the ones to run or should I get another compound as well? I've never ran RCGT before so any set up tips would be helpful. I hope to make most of the series races this year. I'm running a Cyclone TC with a 200mm MRS body and 3mm offset hpi wheels, if it makes a difference.

Thanks

DannyS 02-12-2010 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by J-VET (Post 6995651)
Can anyone give any tips on tires? I picked up a set of pro belted that I will try out this Sunday. Are these the ones to run or should I get another compound as well? I've never ran RCGT before so any set up tips would be helpful. I hope to make most of the series races this year. I'm running a Cyclone TC with a 200mm MRS body and 3mm offset hpi wheels, if it makes a difference.

Thanks

Come by west coast today for some practice or Saturday for some racing and practice. Our locals have run lots rcgt experience and can help you dial your car in. Let me know if this helps.

SpeedTech 02-12-2010 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by J-VET (Post 6995651)

Thanks

J-Vet, glad you'll be joining us. You'll do fine with your Pro-Belted X-patterns. Test your car on the track and see how it does. If you have some traction issues, try the Pro non-belted X-patterns.

Danny, thanks for hooking up the RCGT racers with Mike's chorizo. :weird: Wait, that doesn't sound right. :lol: I might skip lunch that day.

SpeedTech 02-12-2010 02:02 PM

On another note...

RCGT Showdown racers, don't be afraid to sound off in the fourm. One of the keys to the success of our first series was all the chatter and attention it received from the racers themselves.

Let us know if you'll be participating. Show us your RCGT body. Let us know what tracks you'll be warming up at.

Let's make this the racer's race again.

skiptomylou6 02-12-2010 03:03 PM

Who wants to put my car back together!?! :lol:

What's the diversity of the bodies looking like people??? I'm going for a EM1 coupe or the HPI RSX... atleast I'll be the steezy-est, slowest one in Expert :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

marvin2.5s 02-12-2010 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by skiptomylou6 (Post 6997473)

What's the diversity of the bodies looking like people??? I'm going for a EM1 coupe or the HPI RSX... atleast I'll be the steezy-est, slowest one in Expert :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Well i'm coming back to racing again. hopefully I can go to race at west coast again for the first round. I'm back Joe!!!! TBR* racing.:tire:

J-VET 02-12-2010 07:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll give the Pro belted tires a shot this Sun. at Camarillo. This is the Toyota MR-S body I'll be running. I still need to put the RCGT tires and wheels on.

SpeedTech 02-12-2010 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by skiptomylou6 (Post 6997473)

Joe, my son will put your car back together. :sneaky: Bring it by on Sunday.

Anyone run the HPI Lexus IS-F body? That's the sweetest looking body I've seen in a while. Paul D?

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/Upload/Images/isf2.jpg

marvin2.5s 02-12-2010 08:00 PM

The ISF looks nice and is a awesome looking body but i've heard that body pushes. Not sure and J vet that body looks nice. And thats a great handling body.