R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   California Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/california-racing-145/)
-   -   West Coast RC Raceway Onroad Racing! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/california-racing/312422-west-coast-rc-raceway-onroad-racing.html)

charlie_b 07-15-2009 10:20 PM

West Coast RC Raceway Onroad Racing!

Hello Racers! We will be racing On road every Tuesday Night at 7pm and Saturday at 6pm also. The track is High Bite Asphalt with beveled islands.
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...g?t=1247721414

Track is open seven days. On On road race days, we open at 12pm on Tuesdays, and 10:30am on Saturdays.

We do have house transponders and an on site hobby shop. Come check us out!

Randy Caster 07-15-2009 10:30 PM

Why not open the thread back up that we had in here..

pakk 07-16-2009 01:04 AM

That is a very nice facility with lots of potential.

--pakk

charlie_b 07-16-2009 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Randy Caster (Post 6074029)
Why not open the thread back up that we had in here..

Not sure who closed it, but this is open now.

Johnny_S. 07-16-2009 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by charlie_b (Post 6075277)
Not sure who closed it, but this is open now.

Mr Losi closed the Onroad/Offroad WCRCR thread and said to use the one in the track locator forum, any idea if that thread is going to make its way to the California forum?

Both the on and off road tracks are very nice, between this track and the new carpet one at OCRC I might have to break down and buy an onroad car.

F. Mendoza 07-16-2009 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Johnny_S. (Post 6076057)
Mr Losi closed the Onroad/Offroad WCRCR thread and said to use the one in the track locator forum, any idea if that thread is going to make its way to the California forum?

Both the on and off road tracks are very nice, between this track and the new carpet one at OCRC I might have to break down and buy an onroad car.

Actually, it was Mr. Phalen. :)

blanks596 07-17-2009 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by charlie_b (Post 6074001)
Hello Racers! We will be racing On road every Tuesday Night at 7pm and Saturday at 6pm also. The track is High Bite Asphalt with beveled islands.
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...g?t=1247721414

Track is open seven days. On On road race days, we open at 12pm on Tuesdays, and 10:30am on Saturdays.

We do have house transponders and an on site hobby shop. Come check us out!

Just curious, but are there any other days that the onroad racing could be held because there are other tracks running those days, which could negatively effect the attendance/participation:eek:

Rick Hohwart 07-17-2009 09:35 AM

Any chance of implementing a spec tire.
Jaco Blue is my choice to keep costs down and are readily available.

Hebiki 07-17-2009 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by blanks596 (Post 6079314)
Just curious, but are there any other days that the onroad racing could be held because there are other tracks running those days, which could negatively effect the attendance/participation:eek:

are you REALLY gonna support ALL the tracks if they run on different days? :eek:

charlie_b 07-17-2009 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart (Post 6079728)
Any chance of implementing a spec tire.
Jaco Blue is my choice to keep costs down and are readily available.

Rick, as of now, we are getting a feel of what the racers like and seeing what else works. Nothing is set in stone yet, but for now, the only spec tire that is used is the HPI Xpattern tire for RCGT. The regular sedan class tire is still open at the moment.

Max, i understand your concern, but as far as the onroad program is concerned, only tuesday will really be affected. Saturday will be night racing so die hards can choose to go both if they liked. It will be a little shakey in the beginning, but, like any other schedule, it all pans off in the end. OCRC has a great program ran by great people. There is a lot of racing to go around.

marvin2.5s 07-17-2009 11:31 AM

i wish there could be more days of onroad racing. including wednesday or thursday night racing of onroad.

ckaspar 07-17-2009 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by marvin2.5s (Post 6080134)
i wish there could be more days of onroad racing. including wednesday or thursday night racing of onroad.

That may be an option down the road. We will have to see what turnout looks like and judge it form there. If we are getting a load of people showing up on Tuesday and Saturday and can justify a Thusrday Onroad Raceday it may be worth considering but that will have to be looked out once we get a feel of how things are turning out.

BISBEE 248 07-17-2009 12:25 PM

WOW kaspar your like waldo you pop up everywere..:p
i think as things settle down that you will get alot of guys that race offroad also racing onroad if there not already,track is to nice not too..

ckaspar 07-17-2009 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by BISBEE 248 (Post 6080322)
WOW kaspar your like waldo you pop up everywere..:p
i think as things settle down that you will get alot of guys that race offroad also racing onroad if there not already,track is to nice not too..

Actually I am the opposite of Waldo. Waldo was always hard to find. I POP UP IN YOUR FACE!!:p:p

I agree that a bunch offroaders are going to get into onroad as well. Shoot. We already got you, Kevin and me thinking about what to get. I am sure there will be others, plus all of the regular onroad guys and the guys that Charlie is going to bring in. We should have a nice crowd come Saturday.

Francis M. 07-17-2009 12:53 PM

I just wanted to thank the Danny and the rest of the West Coast Crew for a fun day of free practice... I'm looking forward to the racing this coming SAT....