Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
West Coast RC Raceway Onroad Racing! > West Coast RC Raceway Onroad Racing!

West Coast RC Raceway Onroad Racing!

Reply

Old 07-15-2009, 10:20 PM
  #1  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
charlie_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 9,852
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default West Coast RC Raceway Onroad Racing!

Hello Racers! We will be racing On road every Tuesday Night at 7pm and Saturday at 6pm also. The track is High Bite Asphalt with beveled islands.


Track is open seven days. On On road race days, we open at 12pm on Tuesdays, and 10:30am on Saturdays.

We do have house transponders and an on site hobby shop. Come check us out!
charlie_b is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:30 PM
  #2  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,681
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Why not open the thread back up that we had in here..
Randy Caster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:04 AM
  #3  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (80)
 
pakk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,082
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

That is a very nice facility with lots of potential.

--pakk
pakk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:51 AM
  #4  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
charlie_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 9,852
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
Why not open the thread back up that we had in here..
Not sure who closed it, but this is open now.
charlie_b is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:39 AM
  #5  
Tech Addict
 
Johnny_S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Schmocation
Posts: 603
Default

Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post
Not sure who closed it, but this is open now.
Mr Losi closed the Onroad/Offroad WCRCR thread and said to use the one in the track locator forum, any idea if that thread is going to make its way to the California forum?


Both the on and off road tracks are very nice, between this track and the new carpet one at OCRC I might have to break down and buy an onroad car.
Johnny_S. is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:48 AM
  #6  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (79)
 
F. Mendoza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,248
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Johnny_S. View Post
Mr Losi closed the Onroad/Offroad WCRCR thread and said to use the one in the track locator forum, any idea if that thread is going to make its way to the California forum?


Both the on and off road tracks are very nice, between this track and the new carpet one at OCRC I might have to break down and buy an onroad car.
Actually, it was Mr. Phalen.
F. Mendoza is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:26 AM
  #7  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (14)
 
blanks596's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Los Angeles Dojo
Posts: 821
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post
Hello Racers! We will be racing On road every Tuesday Night at 7pm and Saturday at 6pm also. The track is High Bite Asphalt with beveled islands.


Track is open seven days. On On road race days, we open at 12pm on Tuesdays, and 10:30am on Saturdays.

We do have house transponders and an on site hobby shop. Come check us out!
Just curious, but are there any other days that the onroad racing could be held because there are other tracks running those days, which could negatively effect the attendance/participation
blanks596 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:35 AM
  #8  
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,974
Default

Any chance of implementing a spec tire.
Jaco Blue is my choice to keep costs down and are readily available.
Rick Hohwart is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:57 AM
  #9  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by blanks596 View Post
Just curious, but are there any other days that the onroad racing could be held because there are other tracks running those days, which could negatively effect the attendance/participation
are you REALLY gonna support ALL the tracks if they run on different days?
Hebiki is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:53 AM
  #10  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
charlie_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 9,852
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
Any chance of implementing a spec tire.
Jaco Blue is my choice to keep costs down and are readily available.
Rick, as of now, we are getting a feel of what the racers like and seeing what else works. Nothing is set in stone yet, but for now, the only spec tire that is used is the HPI Xpattern tire for RCGT. The regular sedan class tire is still open at the moment.

Max, i understand your concern, but as far as the onroad program is concerned, only tuesday will really be affected. Saturday will be night racing so die hards can choose to go both if they liked. It will be a little shakey in the beginning, but, like any other schedule, it all pans off in the end. OCRC has a great program ran by great people. There is a lot of racing to go around.
charlie_b is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:31 AM
  #11  
Tech Regular
 
marvin2.5s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Riverside
Posts: 392
Thumbs up

i wish there could be more days of onroad racing. including wednesday or thursday night racing of onroad.
marvin2.5s is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:36 AM
  #12  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
ckaspar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 773
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by marvin2.5s View Post
i wish there could be more days of onroad racing. including wednesday or thursday night racing of onroad.
That may be an option down the road. We will have to see what turnout looks like and judge it form there. If we are getting a load of people showing up on Tuesday and Saturday and can justify a Thusrday Onroad Raceday it may be worth considering but that will have to be looked out once we get a feel of how things are turning out.
ckaspar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:25 PM
  #13  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
BISBEE 248's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: so cal
Posts: 1,835
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

WOW kaspar your like waldo you pop up everywere..
i think as things settle down that you will get alot of guys that race offroad also racing onroad if there not already,track is to nice not too..
BISBEE 248 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:34 PM
  #14  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
ckaspar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 773
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BISBEE 248 View Post
WOW kaspar your like waldo you pop up everywere..
i think as things settle down that you will get alot of guys that race offroad also racing onroad if there not already,track is to nice not too..
Actually I am the opposite of Waldo. Waldo was always hard to find. I POP UP IN YOUR FACE!!

I agree that a bunch offroaders are going to get into onroad as well. Shoot. We already got you, Kevin and me thinking about what to get. I am sure there will be others, plus all of the regular onroad guys and the guys that Charlie is going to bring in. We should have a nice crowd come Saturday.
ckaspar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:53 PM
  #15  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I just wanted to thank the Danny and the rest of the West Coast Crew for a fun day of free practice... I'm looking forward to the racing this coming SAT....
Francis M. is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 1.89 average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service