Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

RAMS Club Racing

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thunderbunny
Hello guys. I'm new to 1/5 scale and it seems like no matter how hard I search for FG setup info (tire selection in particular), I come up blank. The RAMS crew seems to have been doing it longer than most places in the US, so I figured I could get help. I'm racing in a spec class here in Texas and the chassis of choice is the FG Sportsline 2wd. What's a good starting point for tires and shock oil? The rest, I can test and tune. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
We run PMT or GRP at WSR here in California. For PMT, I would start with PMT H05 V2. For GRP, I would start with P3. Shock oil on a sport line can vary with traction. I would start with 6K in front and 3K in the rear.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Thanks! I'm assuming that you're using PMT H05s all the way around on the 2wd?
Old 05-17-2016, 08:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yes. but if grip/temp is high we switch to a X03 or X05.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default RAMS CLUB 2016 Bill Margolis West Coast 5th Scale Championship - July 15-17, 2016

RAMS 2016 Bill Margolis West Coast 5th Scale Championship - July 15-17, 2016

Come join us for the 4th Annual Bill Margolis WCC Race. The race has been renamed this year in honor of the late Bill Margolis who was a longtime member and president of the RAMS Club.

We have added a Friday Practice to the schedule this year to give you even more track time! Also new this year is our sportsman class where you can race without the intimidation factor causing unnecessary stress. We are all here to have fun so let's do it!

Attached are the event flyer and race information document. If you have any questions please contact us via email at [email protected]

Special Thanks to Our Event Sponsors:

FG SUPPLY / V-Speed Racing

R/C Modelsport
Brooks Motor Cars
GRP Tires
Dave's Discount Motors

If you would like to sponsor this event please email us [email protected]

Thank You,

The RAMS
Attached Thumbnails RAMS Club Racing-rams-2016-wcc-flyer.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2016 WCC Info.pdf (115.1 KB, 72 views)

Last edited by RAMS CLUB; 06-20-2016 at 11:52 AM.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What is the difference between stc and gt c
lasses and which is the most popular?

Last edited by mrod; 06-14-2016 at 06:07 PM. Reason: miss spellings
Old 06-20-2016, 12:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mrod
What is the difference between stc and gt c
lasses and which is the most popular?
Hello,

We do not have a GT class but we do have 4WD and STC classes which both allow for the use of GT bodies. The STC Class is our high level competition class which falls closely in-line with the EFRA rules for Super Touring Car and is limited to 23CC motors, 700ml fuel tanks and 2-door Touring Car bodies among other restrictions.

You can learn more specifics about the classes by clicking here and viewing our rules documents.

You can also email us at [email protected] if you have any detailed questions you would like answered. Feel free to come by any race day to check out the racing and speak to the racers to get a good feel for what may interest you the most. Our members are very friendly and always willing to help out with answering questions.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Another great day of racing in the books. Congrats to all the winners. It's nice to see new members and the crowd spectators seemed to be enjoying themselves. Air temp and track temp were some of the highest we've experienced at WSR. Traction was insane and made for some great side by side racing.

Special thanks to Tim for cleaning up the AV gear. The sound was great and the simplified hookup was a welcome.

Members, don't forget we have an open practice day coming up soon. Stay tuned here for date and time.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone looking to join RAMS and wanting to get into 4WD, Aaron has his 1 race day old Contrast Neox 16 available. It took first place last race and set fast lap of the day.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...5th-scale.html
Old 07-18-2016, 09:11 AM
Tech Adept

Good Monday morning everyone. Once again great weekend at Warm Springs Raceway with the RAMS Club.
Congrats to all of the winners in each class.
Kyle and I look forward to another visit back real soon, just love running there. Thank you to Danny for building such a great place and allowing us to have fun racing there. Thanks to everyone involved with the racing Tony, Arnold, Steve what an event.
Wished Kyle and I had better results in the "A" main but that's part of racing.
Congrats to Victor on resetting the track record now to a 16.1, for some reason I have a feeling it won't be long until we punch into the 15's !!!!
Until next time everyone be safe, enjoy life.
Phil
Old 07-18-2016, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Compliments to the club. Racing was great and nice to see the SoCal group. Free lunch and beautiful weather and track conditions. Reminder that the 5th scale club down south is hosting a big race in October. Tony V. Is the Man!
Old 07-19-2016, 12:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default 2016 Bill Margolis 5th Scale West Coast Championship - Thank You

The 2016 Bill Margolis West Coast Championship was a great weekend of exciting racing and good times spent with friends. It's always good to see our friends from the Greater L.A. Radio Control Racing Club make the trip up to Warm Springs Raceway and the friendly NorCal vs SoCal rivalry always seems to elevate the level of competition.

Congratulations to each of our race champions!

A-Main Race Winners:
STC - Tony Vega
F1 - Bryn Foskett
4WD - Dave Stroud
Sportsman - Jojo Bayabo

Top Qualifiers:
STC - Tony Vega
F1 - Bryn Foskett
4WD - Dan Kim
Sportsman - Jojo Bayabo

The RAMS Club wishes to thank the following for their help with the event:

- Elliott Miyashiro for the great job he did announcing the races for the entire weekend. His commentary always makes it enjoyable for the racers and spectators and this weekend was no exception. Several racers commented on how his delivery of information assisted them during the race and this is likely the highest compliment a race announcer can receive. Thanks, Elliott!

- Tony Vega and Hau-Ching Liao for all of their work in getting the templates made for the new starting grid and getting it painted in time for the WCC. It was very cool to have a real starting grid for the races.

- Arnold Mercado for arriving early Friday morning to get the track prepped in time for friday practice.

- Todd Rizzo for getting the drivers stand moved in to position early friday and putting it back in place Sunday after the race.

- All of the racers who did a great job of getting out on track for marshaling. It was extremely helpful to have marshals ready for the next race each and every time. This was a major factor in keeping the action flowing and staying ahead of schedule. Thank you all!

- Cedric Collins and Byron Soublet for taking pictures and filming the races. Pictures and videos should be ready soon and we will post an update once they are ready for viewing.

A very special THANK YOU to our race sponsors Fg Supply, RCModelsport.com, Brooks Motor Cars, GRP Tyres and Daves Discount Motors. Your generosity is greatly appreciated!

And of course thanks to each and every racer who joined us and made the event a great success. THANK YOU ALL

Final Race Results attached. Full results to be posted soon to the RAMS site.
Attached Thumbnails RAMS Club Racing-final-results-7-17-16-race-10-west-coast-championship-copy-1-.jpg  
Old 07-22-2016, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

here are some picts i took on sunday
https://flic.kr/s/aHskDEEzvJ
Old 07-24-2016, 07:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

great pics.. thanks!!
VG
Old 07-24-2016, 10:41 AM
Ced
Tech Apprentice

race coverage up, additional picture slideshows, fast lap stats, videos up.
www.wc5s.com I should have 4WD and Sportsman done by late tonight.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Another great day of racing at WSR. Congrats to all the winners. This weekend we are hosting the CTS finale. Hope to see you there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.