Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
2009 J.B.R.L. OFFROAD ELECTRIC RACING SERIES.. >

2009 J.B.R.L. OFFROAD ELECTRIC RACING SERIES..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009 J.B.R.L. OFFROAD ELECTRIC RACING SERIES..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Just to put it out there. Anyone wondering about 8th scale ELECTRIC. Jimmy will be offering this class this year but part of the NITRO series do to there size. Check out that series if you are interested in running your electric conversions all over southern California!
That kinda sucks if you dont run Nitro.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by What up?
That kinda sucks if you dont run Nitro.
yah its kinda of a catch 22,u want to run elec with elec,but size wise they dont fit on all the track we run,although ocrc seems to be doing really well last time i was there so hmmm never mind i digress..
im sure if jimmy had a ton of peeps requesting it for one series or the other it would be diff but right now its still early stages of growing so..
Old 01-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Keep in mind that a few of the electric facilities will not allow 1/8 vehicles on their track. I figured it would be better to offer the class in the JBRL nitro series rather than not at all. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Jimmy,

How long will the qualifiers and mains be for the electric 8th scales ?

Are you gonna use ROAR rules...7 min quals and 10 min mains ???
Old 01-14-2009, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jimmy Babcock
Keep in mind that a few of the electric facilities will not allow 1/8 vehicles on their track. I figured it would be better to offer the class in the JBRL nitro series rather than not at all. Sorry for the inconvenience.
If you can't run an 1/8 on all the Electric series tracks then it makes sense for sure.

Maybe next year.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)

i know this is kinda off topic but im trying to gear up for the jbrl. does anyone know how much or if at all traction is better with the proline tire for the slash? is it worth the money to get them?
Old 01-15-2009, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by JohnnyLeach
i know this is kinda off topic but im trying to gear up for the jbrl. does anyone know how much or if at all traction is better with the proline tire for the slash? is it worth the money to get them?
i hate those proline tires i think they r the biggest waste of money
Old 01-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

i think you guys are gonna love the new freedom park. the oval is gone, parts of the bullring squared off, elevation changes and new dirt, the whole idea was to build a track that was fun for 8th scale but flows really well for electric, should be fun
Old 01-15-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Kevin.......yes we will use ROAR rules for batteries and motors, etc but as far as the race lengths go NO. Everyone will get a 5 minute qual just like last year and I think we can run the 10 minute main for electric 1/8. Thanks!
Old 01-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)

ive always like camarillo. so it should be even better this year.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Props to the Roadrunner Club out in Camarillo. They always have tried their best and now with track upgrades, should be even more fun. Also will be good to touch bases with JB, especially now that the Laker Show is in fine form. 09 JBRL, Yahoo !!
Old 01-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Tech Adept

Default Hip hip hooray !!

Yeay, I am glad I won't have to turn martial 1/8 scale elec. Blah, to big. I have been traumatized turn martialing borderline out of control 1/8 scale cars for 1.5 hrs, for my 15 min of track time. I feel no need to play with toys bigger than 1/10, or more expensive than 1/10.

HEY !!! Butts, you got a Kyosho truck yet? I have sweet new ride. The all new X-60. Yes X-factory. The truck is hear !!! I bought myself one for Christmast. I am curios if I will see some red trucks in the mod truck A mains.
My buggy has been dialed in pre season testing. My truck has a Dale Sr. paint scheme. Tackooow... how you like me now?

See you all at the track !!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quick question about the various classes.
I ran sportsman last year and did ok (placed in the top 10 only because of attendance). I noticed this year it is only rookie stock, stock, and super stock. I plan on running stock buggy this year since sportsman is gone but is stock class open to sponsored drivers or is super stock where they will be hangin? I can make my way around the track fairly well but dont compare to many of the sponsored guys. (I hate it when JP starts calling my name when we are in the same race) LOL. Anyway thats my "?". With all that said, cant wait for march!!!
Old 01-18-2009, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AC Driver
Quick question about the various classes.
I ran sportsman last year and did ok (placed in the top 10 only because of attendance). I noticed this year it is only rookie stock, stock, and super stock. I plan on running stock buggy this year since sportsman is gone but is stock class open to sponsored drivers or is super stock where they will be hangin? I can make my way around the track fairly well but dont compare to many of the sponsored guys. (I hate it when JP starts calling my name when we are in the same race) LOL. Anyway thats my "?". With all that said, cant wait for march!!!
Are you talking Chassis sponsored drivers?
Old 01-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by What up?
Are you talking Chassis sponsored drivers?
Not just chassis no. I look at it like this, If you have a legit sponsorship (chassis, motor, battery, tire etc.) then you are obviously a good enough driver to warrant that sponsorship. I like the idea of any kind of sponsored driver should be in his or her own class. Just my thoughts. I will be runnin the series regardless but I do have thoughts about it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.