Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali! >

West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 203 votes, 2.39 average.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
im not an offroad guy.. but isnt that the point? if you want smooth, look across the way..its called onroad.

thats about as funny as the other guy complaining his car was "dirty" from running on the off-road track.
yah some times we forget it's offroad its suppose tobe rough..
i dont think ive heard anyone complaining but west coast just wants to give the drivers the best track they can and improve with every step..
Old 07-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BISBEE 248
yah some times we forget it's offroad its suppose tobe rough..
i dont think ive heard anyone complaining but west coast just wants to give the drivers the best track they can and improve with every step..
im just bitter i havent been able to make it to the track yet.

my attempts at humor usually fail.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by midship909
great track i had a blast with the SC8e and even more with the SC10 i cant wait to come back.
Is the track not as fun for you when driving an 1/8th scale V.S. 1/10th? I am asking because I want to travel up to the track from San Diego, but I can't tell how well suited it is for 1/8th scale E-class from the pictures. It looks bigger than OCRC, but not sure how much til I see it in person.

Anybody know the track dimensions?
Thx!
Old 07-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Bisbee is right, we worked our butts off to get ready for the free practice and racing offer we made before the Shootout. We had a layout in before and we decided it was not what we wanted so we tore it all up and started over again and it is what you have now and from what I have heard the reviews have been stellar! Which has us excited!! The plan it to rototill the majority of the track and try to get it as flat as possible for our official Grand Opening which will be announced soon.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Marzac2
Is the track not as fun for you when driving an 1/8th scale V.S. 1/10th? I am asking because I want to travel up to the track from San Diego, but I can't tell how well suited it is for 1/8th scale E-class from the pictures. It looks bigger than OCRC, but not sure how much til I see it in person.

Thx!
I can't speak for the person you originally quoted but I can say that I have heard from several people that this track is well suited for 1/8 and 1/10 alike. The track is bigger than OCRC and the lanes are wider. We have some "Open it up sections" and some "whoa it down" sections. I do not remember the dimensions exactly but the track is 6900 sqft and is 100% clay.

C'mon down and give us a try. I am sure you will love it.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Hopefully a spec tire will be implemented to on-road racing.
I nominate Jacos because they are economically priced and easy to find.
But any spec tire/insert would be better than a tire/insert free for all.
Agreed. I would definitely prefer to see, at the least, a gentlemen's agreement on a tire for the onroad track (for the guys in 13.5 expert and/or mod). It will probably take a few weeks to determine which tire is providing the best balance of performance and wear, but I know I don't want to see a return to a 'new-tires-for-every-raceday' formula.

Jaco Blues might be good once the traction comes up; Sorex/SJR in 32 or 36 may also be another option.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Marzac2

Thx!
marzac the track is alot bigger than ocrc and ocrc has a great 1/8 scale turnout,we had a couple on the track with us wed and i heard great comments from everyone and the triple is bigg it take some power to get over so that will be nice for 1/8 e and mod drivers deff come out and get your own opinion,i think you will be pleasantly surprised..
Old 07-17-2009, 10:54 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

WCRCR will be a great place for e8th scales. Track is a bit larger then OCRC with wider lanes.

As for bumps. The track is on the bumpy side. Makes buggy driving a little hard but I have full faith the crew will get it done. Getting used to the dirt and learning how to play with it takes some time. The clay needs time to settle as well. I am sure the offroad side will be as dialed as the onroad is in no time at all. The dirt looks a bit different then OCRC. More yellow to me. I think this will be a great change up. A little bit for everyone between the two tracks.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by J.Filipow
Agreed. I would definitely prefer to see, at the least, a gentlemen's agreement on a tire for the onroad track (for the guys in 13.5 expert and/or mod). It will probably take a few weeks to determine which tire is providing the best balance of performance and wear, but I know I don't want to see a return to a 'new-tires-for-every-raceday' formula.

Jaco Blues might be good once the traction comes up; Sorex/SJR in 32 or 36 may also be another option.
rick or filipow,what is a good starter on road car for me to get my feet wet you guys look like you have a blast and i wold liek to try my hands at it..
Old 07-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Casper
WCRCR will be a great place for e8th scales. Track is a bit larger then OCRC with wider lanes.

Getting used to the dirt and learning how to play with it takes some time. The clay needs time to settle as well. I am sure the offroad side will be as dialed as the onroad is in no time at all. The dirt looks a bit different then OCRC. More yellow to me. I think this will be a great change up. A little bit for everyone between the two tracks.
i agree with casper the dirt is nie to have two diff between ocrc and west coast,drivers will be able to have different conditions and setups for both places and that improves drivers skills and set up's which is always needed for drivers like my self that need that extra added skill..
Old 07-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Yeah I'm considering getting an RCGT car going to run there, the on-road track is sweet and I've always liked the idea and look of RCGT.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What are this track's hours? Racetimes and practice times?
Old 07-17-2009, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kdeselms
Yeah I'm considering getting an RCGT car going to run there, the on-road track is sweet and I've always liked the idea and look of RCGT.
The RCGT has the cool factor for sure...
Old 07-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Micro-E
What are this track's hours? Racetimes and practice times?
Track Hours
Old 07-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kdeselms
gt cars look badd,deff would like to get one..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 203 votes, 2.39 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.