Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali! >

West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 203 votes, 2.39 average.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

WOW those tracks are huge, indoor eletric on and offroad here i come!!!!!....
Old 07-11-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Filipow
Tough to say what the tire might be for the onroad track...the surface is going to gain more and more grip over the coming weeks as people run on it. My guess is that RP30's will work well for the first few days; it's usually a reliable 'all-purpose' tire. As grip increases, I am sure that SJR 32's and SJR 36's will probably become the 'standard' tire for the track.
Rp30s outdoor during the summer are a fail lol. Cs32s have my vote but since this place is indoors, Rp30s are a definite candidate.

Tyler Sparks...

did you see the JBRL video i made? :P
Old 07-12-2009, 01:09 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Filipow
Tough to say what the tire might be for the onroad track...the surface is going to gain more and more grip over the coming weeks as people run on it. My guess is that RP30's will work well for the first few days; it's usually a reliable 'all-purpose' tire. As grip increases, I am sure that SJR 32's and SJR 36's will probably become the 'standard' tire for the track.
i can only hope SJR 36s become the norm.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:02 AM
Tech Regular

so is this sunday race gonna be like you're first weekend race officially... or does "soft" opening mean you're waiting a week or so before you want the whole world to show up, blow up and judge your track?

should I be hyping next sunday's race while I'm up at the shootout today, or should I just be mentioning this week as being the first chance to get a little taste?

jimmy keeeps saying the race is sponsored by wcrcrnhg but he says it should be opening any week now... like he doesn't know it's tomorrow... or is it sorta shhhhh....
Old 07-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How about some directions or an address
Old 07-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Went there yesterday,
WOW!
Ran both tracks.
Huge! Fast.
Danny, amazing.
Has to be seen to even come close to knowing what it's like.

Just drive right past Disneyland and Knotts berry farm cuz this place is way better!
Old 07-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Will be there tomorrow evening.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Special"ED"
How about some directions or an address
www.wcrcr.com address is on the site.

Forgive the ignorance on-road guys. Rubber or foam for this track and what are the typical top speeds one would see on the longest straight for this track as well?
Old 07-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Patrick and I came up yesterday and spent a couple of days testing on both tracks. All I have to say is that this is the holy grail for RC facilities.

First I want to thank Danny for letting us come up and be some of the first to get to run on the tracks. Also, the hard work many others, Ron, Colby, and all the others we saw working the whole time we were there. This is an insane amount of work to build a facility like this one.

On road track: The track is huge for an indoor track. I've never seen anything like it. Grip is coming up a ton. The first couple of cars on the track were undrivable. But as the dust from construction started getting swept off, traction came up a ton. The curbs are great. They're not nearly as forgiving as the curbs at BCR. Once they got the white borders around them last night, they looked really good.

Off road track: Holy crap!!! I've never felt traction on an off road track like this track has. And it's not even completely packed in and smoothed out yet. He's not kidding when he says it's 100% clay. The layout is fun and challenging. I ran gold bar codes front and rear on my truck and they worked awesome.

The rest of the facility is going to be incredible too. This place is going to be the new standard for world class. The hobby shop area is huge. There's tons of office space. (Not sure what all Danny plans on using all of them for.) Flat screens on the walls, a lot of space between the pit tables, I could go on and on. I can't wait for all the construction to be done and to see the final product. Danny is doing something great for this hobby. I can see nationals, Reedy Race, even the worlds being held here. Anyone who can get to this track needs to get there and check it out.

Also, I took some pictures to make some panoramic views of the tracks but I don't think I have the right software to do the composites. If anyone has that and can put them together, give me your Email address and I'll send you the full size images.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by js058515
www.wcrcr.com address is on the site.

Forgive the ignorance on-road guys. Rubber or foam for this track and what are the typical top speeds one would see on the longest straight for this track as well?
For touring car it's rubber. The only time you usually see foam is on carpet. A lot of people were trying different tires. I think the standard is going to be Sorex, but we'll see as the track gets run on more and more. I'm guessing the mod cars were peaking at about 50 running 4.5 brushless and lipos. They were hitting 50+ at Tamiya for the last Reedy Race there in 2007 with brushless and 5 cell NiMH and this straight is slightly longer I think.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Went there yesterday,
WOW!
Ran both tracks.
Huge! Fast.
Danny, amazing.
Has to be seen to even come close to knowing what it's like.

Just drive right past Disneyland and Knotts berry farm cuz this place is way better!
So the track is awesome. i need to check it out.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks Jon......and yeah, you need to check it out. Just the site of the on-road track got me to start on another expensive project.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

What is going to be opening date ?
Old 07-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

As promised here are two videos of the off-road and on road and tons of pictures. Damm this is a GREAT facility and confident that this track will be very successful.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by espresso1967
As promised here are two videos of the off-road and on road and tons of pictures. Damm this is a GREAT facility and confident that this track will be very successful.
Thanks for the update!! Place looks great!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 203 votes, 2.39 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.