Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Watch out for MattP

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I'm not saying I'll personally 100% vouch for the guy. But he is one member that if he says he's having health issues or whatever, I'm inclined to believe him. Sucks for those involved but I highly doubt there's anything "shady" going on.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:13 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I think the big thing is this to me.

If you truly have health issues, that same effort you are able to do to go and check your rctech account and post things (assuming you did), you should be able to do the same and notify your customers whats going on, update your listings to state that you are having issues or even better, close the listings temporarily.

Again, this is all predicated on the fact that you are accessing and using the site in the meantime.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
I think the big thing is this to me.

If you truly have health issues, that same effort you are able to do to go and check your rctech account and post things (assuming you did), you should be able to do the same and notify your customers whats going on, update your listings to state that you are having issues or even better, close the listings temporarily.

Again, this is all predicated on the fact that you are accessing and using the site in the meantime.
+1
Old 02-11-2015, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I was surprised to see it in a PS4 listing as well. Recommended the buyer create a post like this one.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/other-it...w-box-f-s.html
Old 02-11-2015, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
I'm not saying I'll personally 100% vouch for the guy. But he is one member that if he says he's having health issues or whatever, I'm inclined to believe him. Sucks for those involved but I highly doubt there's anything "shady" going on.
If he was going to do right by any of these claims he would be on here explaining what's "going on". He was on here last night and decided not to say anything. Just sucks that a guy with as many posts and feedback as he has would turn to the

If you look at his first neg feedback he screwed some guy on a Tekno truggy purchase. Then had more pos dealings. Now a string of negs with not one comment from Matt leads me to believe he's not trustworthy any longer.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:44 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Does anyone know what city or town this guy is from? I'd like to tell my fellow racers and buddies about this.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm also surprised by this. I did a trade for a pretty expensive item with him at some point and everything was exactly as described. Is there any chance his account was hacked and someone else is selling under his name? Anyone get burned in a trade with him? If so i might be able to cross refernce where you sent your stuff with where he actually lives. That would rule out someone posting under his name.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE
Does anyone know what city or town this guy is from? I'd like to tell my fellow racers and buddies about this.
When I dealt with him he was in Spout Spring, VA.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I'll admit, I played part in one of the more recent transactions. Up front the communications were as anticipated. Once money was sent via PayPal, communications ceased. Keeping in mind, he offered to glue the tires and wheels and 4 days later, I PM'd asking about status and tracking info. He then stated that 2 of the wheels were cracked and didn't notice until they were glued. I replied stating I appreciated his honestly and suggested he send 6 of the original 8 glued wheel/tire sets and he refund $10 without issue. He ended up attempting a refund of $20 and waited another day before he shipped 4 which I did receive. However, the refund via PayPal was declined by his bank which basically boiled down to me paying twice the cost for half what was advertised by MattP.

I questioned where the remaining 4 wheel/tire sets were and he went quiet - meanwhile beginning new threads in the sales/listing area of the forum.

The above is what encouraged me to do as I did below:

I quoted his original post in the sales listing asking status of the remaining 4 pieces. This was to prevent him from editing the original post to remove details.

I then went to PayPal and opened a case against the transaction - not for the complete refund, but for half of what I paid as I only received half of what was listed by him. The case was closed after he refunded the requested amount.

He PM'd me afterwards and stated "I was being a baby about it". Really?

More details here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post13842540

At this point, I feel I have what I paid for after refunds of half. However, the stress, aggravation, and loss of sleep is beyond what we should have to deal with.

Would I do business with him again? No!

Last edited by RumbleBeeAL; 02-11-2015 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE
PM me for that information.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

yeah, i'd give the guy a pass if there was a delay in shipping with an explanation, but there is no excuse to cease communications all the while posting in threads and starting new ones.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I didn't check log ins and posts before making my comment. Obviously I should have.

You guys know me well enough to know that I can't stand people being active on here and while ignoring their buyers.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:46 PM
Tech Addict

I didn't check log ins and posts before making my comment. Obviously I should have.

You guys know me well enough to know that I can't stand people being active on here and while ignoring their buyers.
I sincerely hope he's OK and this is just an intermittent bump in recent dealings. I agree, his rating along leads us to believe the few negative "bumps" could easily be overlooked. I provided more than ample time for communications.

The fact that his bank declined payment through PayPal is sketchy in itself. However, one would not know this until after they encountered an issue and he attempted a refund transaction. Now, does that mean his bank account had N.S.F. or he intentionally instructed/forced his bank to decline the refund after he made the request via PayPal to make it appear he was on the up and up - that's a question we do not know the answer to.

Desperate times will certainly bring desperate measures for folks.

Fortunately for me, my situation sounds a bit better than those mentioned by others as I was refunded the portion of what I paid in efforts to offset what was left out of the shipment. As I alluded to previously, the amount of frustration caused by his lack of communications post issue is what bothered me most.

racer1812, as Site Moderator, you likely have access to the PMs between MattP and I. Therefore, you have the ability validate my case as presented. If I am wrong, call me out on it.

Paying through PayPal does provide protection so long as the payment is not in the form of a "gift". Likely the reason for that fundamental rule.

So, if he's offering something you just have to have at that price, there is some protection for the buyer.

If there is a trade deal, I'd recommend thinking twice before I advised anyone to go that route at the moment.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

This is a very sad situation..I traded Matt 2 nice TLR cars a while back for his loaded SCTE..I even sent them out before I had tracking solely by his trading history.
The SCTE arrived just as described with no issues...I hope this works itself out but I am in no way siding with how the last few deals have gone down. I am just surprised someone with such good feedback would just throw his reputation in the tank.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I would also agree that if there ARE issues (i.e. sick family, going out of town, etc)... then don't pick that as a time to list an item. As a seller, make sure you have the bandwidth to do your side of the deal.

Having said that... life DOES bite us in the butt from time to time, so until we know more, lets give him the benefit of the doubt.

Quick Story - A friend of mine suddenly lost her son in a car crash two weeks ago. He got in a car with a drunk driver, and they went off the windy road late at night. Driver fine, passenger 1 is fine, passenger 2 lost his life. My point is, if something as dramatic as that (or even far less) happened to me out of nowhere, and somebody had paid me money for an item and I hadn't shipped it yet... you probably wouldn't hear from me for a month either.

So, not all is lost.. just put in a dispute with paypal and you will get your money back. In the meantime.. lets hope Matt chimes in here.

(speaking of holding up your end of the deal, where's my motor, Racer1812? or do you want to buy it? All my motors will be fore sale here in the next week or two )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.