Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not leaving any feedback

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

I do a lot of transacting here. If I didn't leave you feedback its because something wasn't kosher but not bad enough for a negative. For sellers, just because you gave somebody a good deal it does not mean that you automatically deserve good feedback. Over the summer I bought nearly a $1000 worth of crap from a guy and it was actually a good deal for the amount of stuff that I got. He even shipped it pretty quick. However, he did a really poor job of packing, stuff broke open, a box was damaged and stuff was literally coming out of one of the boxes, and to top it off everything the guy worked on was really amateurish. He contacted me and I was totally honest about how I felt and why I left no feedback. He then left me negative feedback....all I did was pay and wait for my stuff. No contact or anything and I got negative feedback [which was removed]!

Just to be clear about my opinion; feedback is a courtesy and is not required. I like to get it but I won't ask for it generally speaking.

Just my .02.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I disagree with you about it being a courtesy. The purpose of the feedback system is to provide a track record or history for future transactions.

Does that mean they automatically deserve a positive? No.

In the situation you described, I would say a neutral would be a perfectly acceptable rating.

It doesn't add to the person's feedback, but it provides information for future transactions.

By not leaving feedback for that person, other people in the future won't be able to take that transaction into consideration when making a decision whether or not to buy/sell/trade with them.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:23 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LaTuFu
I disagree with you about it being a courtesy. The purpose of the feedback system is to provide a track record or history for future transactions.

Does that mean they automatically deserve a positive? No.

In the situation you described, I would say a neutral would be a perfectly acceptable rating.

It doesn't add to the person's feedback, but it provides information for future transactions.

By not leaving feedback for that person, other people in the future won't be able to take that transaction into consideration when making a decision whether or not to buy/sell/trade with them.
+1
Old 11-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KostaG
I agree with all your comments, it is very frustrating. I suggest we make a thread within "trader feedback" and simply list people that refuse to leave feedback. I can name a few myself.

Here are the proposed rules of this thread:

1- If the person does not leave any feedback, PM him and ask him. It's not begging, it is simple common courtesy.

2- If they still ignore and you have confirmed they were online on Rctech, we add them to this newly proposed list.

3- If their names makes it on the list and the leave feedback, the name can be removed. Unless they refuse to leave feedback again.

Let me know your thoughts.
Good idea, I have 4 or 5 buy/sell/trade that I did not receive feedback for..I buy quick (if I ask for your paypal I will pay you within 30 minutes) if you buy from me I will ship within a day, two at the latest. If we trade it's the same, quick to ship, I don't sell junk, all my cars/trucks are clean, it's all well packed..I deserve good feedback..
Old 11-28-2011, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have 2 outstanding feedback's to come back to me off of here, but in fairness the guys haven't been on. Although in one case that's annoying because it it a few weeks old. And i have PM'd him. Sure makes it a bit tougher to get set up with a decent amount of feedback when they don't leave any back.