Wiki Posts
Search

Buyer Beware rahul01629

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 10:22 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 143 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Andy Koback
He still should have contacted Nissan and said I can get asking price from Joe blow so will you match that price or I move on!

No offence but if I would have done that buyer would still be angry saying no we decided on $350 and he would have posted a beware of rahul01629 thread here saying well we decide on 350 and now he is saying I have someone who is paying me more so are you willing to do the same.

Everyone has their views, cant keep everyone happy, I have been burnt before taking tokens to hold the stuff and I ended up with no sale.

How are you so sure buyer would have paid the rest of the amount the following day, what if he would have flipped out? Should I complaint about all the buyers who have flipped out on me saying they will send money tomorrow and never sent. No I will not do that because its their money. No money was exchanged, if the buyer wanted to pay upfront he would have done that and not asked for another day. Why did buyer needed an extra day to pay at first and why did he never mention about it before saying I will take it? Will I not think that if the buyer is so sure about buying it, why does he only want to an extra day.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:33 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by hotrod87
So I see both sides a little more communication would have helped this. Most sellers will not hold an item because they may miss the sell. Most buyers know if you dont have the money now it may be sold before you get it. I'm wondering if this was the sellers way of saying without saying come back when you have the money. I have bought from rahul01629 and was a smooth deal.

Thanks for mentioning about our transaction.

In the sale of mugen the buyer said ok I will take it. I sent him the paypal. Then he asks me about a particular part, if thats included or not. Then he asks me do you have the original box? Then asks me why are you selling it? After saying he will take it and then asking all these question making me think if he really wants it or not. then at last I find out he only wants to pay a token? what if he was buying some extra time to think about it, because for someone who really wanted a mugen mbx6eco brand new , my asking price of $350 + shipping was a steal for the right buyer ( considering all the extra stuff included all brand new). So in case I missed the deal all those going against me right now, how will they have helped, everyone would be just like O well stop crying about and you will get someone else to buy it.

Last edited by rahul01629; 08-25-2015 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by longuylander
I have to agree with rahul on this one. Until money has changed hands (or PayPal accounts, in this case), no sale has been made. He's not a car dealer or retail store that has layaway or accepts down payments; he's a guy on the internet. Somebody else offered him his full asking price before any other transactions occurred. Why should he wait to accept less money on a deal that may not even happen?
he's not a car dealer, and technically he may not have done anything "wrong" but it's still shady to agree to a deal and then back out because someone offered more. in the real world is this an issue? no, but that's why people will give a deposit to hold the deal. in this case the seller said that wasn't necessary, which implies that the deal is done.

Originally Posted by TeamSkunkwerks
It's called HONOR. If he agreed to the $350 (which was less than asking price) & gave his PayPal address, then he should have gave the guy the benefit of the doubt (24 hours) to pay for the item. That would have been the RIGHT thing to do.
this is standard practice. 24 hours to pay. after that, deal is off and both parties are free to seek other deals. it's not "agree to deal AND seek better deal during 24 hour period.

Originally Posted by rahul01629
1) I am sorry that I hurt people's feeling ...I CANNOT KEEP EVERYONE HAPPY I GUESS.

2) Why did you not inform me before saying you will buy it that you will not make complete payment today ?

3) I HAVE HAD SITUATIONS BEFORE WHERE THE BUY SAID THEY WILL BUY IT, I WAITED FOR A DAY AND NEVER RECEIVED THE PAYMENT, SHOULD I POST A COMPLAINT HERE ABOUT EVERYONE. what about the HONOR that time.

4) You want me to waite for 1 day and meanwhile you change your mind I dnt have the payment from you and the other buyer who's interested does not want it anymore .So what does that leave me ?

5) I have been burnt before by taking token to hold the item and then never receive the full payment, did I complaint about it,NO? Why because neither of the party's ripped anyone off .

6) EVERYONE WHO HAS BOUGHT FROM ME ALWAYS GOT THE PRODUCT AS EXPECTED AND 100% SATISFIED AND IT WILL ALWAYS BE THAT WAY.

7) What will I do of the honor If I am out of both buyer for waiting for a day.

Again for everyone who thinks I am wrong I am sorry for this situation but if you buy from me and make the payment right away or within couple hours when you get home from work or whatever you will always be satisfied.

Thanks
when you're an rctech professional seller like you are, you should know what most people consider standard practice. if you agreed to the deal and gave the guy a day to pay and then sold it to someone for more, YOU ARE SHADY. while you may avoid negative feedback and technically broke no rules, what you did is wrong (if it went down as buyer said).

He still should have contacted Nissan and said I can get asking price from Joe blow so will you match that price or I move on!
i disagree. that's still shady. once a deal is agreed to, it should be done. no more haggling, no more conditions. the deal is done. i've had this happen before. i took less than asking price and before the buyer paid, someone offered full asking. guess what? i told him the item was sold, but if the buyer backed out, he would be first in line.

rahul3246t2346 is another who sells ten million items on here (free of ebay fees), each with it's own thread yet he doesn't want to be held to the standard of a business. in the business world, your word is your bond. there's no room for technicalities. IMO, this is perfect use of the feedback section. while a neg may not be appropriate, i'll make sure not to do business with rahul as a result of this.

Last edited by RC*PHREAK; 08-22-2015 at 11:13 PM.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:58 PM
Suspended

I rest my case.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default DITTO

I too have purchased from rahul01629 and it went smoothly. Great communication. Would absolutely buy from him again.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Personally, I would never ask someone to hold an item for me. If I don't have the funds sitting, ready to pay, I don't commit, period. To ask someone to hold an item is putting them in an akward position imo. I will not be getting a hamburger today and paying Tuesday .
Old 08-23-2015, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spookie
Personally, I would never ask someone to hold an item for me. If I don't have the funds sitting, ready to pay, I don't commit, period. To ask someone to hold an item is putting them in an akward position imo. I will not be getting a hamburger today and paying Tuesday .
Oh I love it lol. That's funny right there.
Old 08-23-2015, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spookie
i agree. i would never ask for it as a buyer and i wouldn't accept it as a seller. problem is in this case the seller apparently did agree to it. therein lies the problem.

it's an entirely personal choice. if you're cool with someone who hangs their hat on the technicality of "no money changed hands so there was no deal", that's totally up to you. for me, i personally don't want to do business with someone whose word is compromised by technicalities. i'm not saying rahul is a bad guy. i'm sure he's done business with many people who were happy. i'm not trying to rally the troops against him. just my .02.

Last edited by RC*PHREAK; 08-23-2015 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Now...if rahul would've taken the (token,down payment) and rest of payment never happened, he would be entitled to keep the token for the purpose of losing the deal? (like losing a deposit) What's proper etiquette here?
Old 08-23-2015, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

I just found the Popeye reference funny lol.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Now...if rahul would've taken the (token,down payment) and rest of payment never happened, he would be entitled to keep the token for the purpose of losing the deal? (like losing a deposit) What's proper etiquette here?
That's a good question and point. I bet if rest of payment was never made buyer would want token down returned.but is that right. Cuz buyer could have missed countless full payments or even same payment negotiated with token payor. And most people buying are here to spend. They don't buy from you they find next best deal.that's a tough one. Sellers have taught me that money talks period.not money tomorrow. But money now. Alot of guys selling cuz they need the money. I do understand ops side. His understanding was deal is closed. They agreed to terms.did buyer request add be marked deal pending? To stop potential buyers from scooping up from under him? I really see no need to be upset. I have missed bunches of opportunities to purchase something for needing a day. I have learned in my experience with wanting to purchase of I can't say I want it payment ready now there's a95%chance I miss it. If that's the case it wasn't meant for me to buy! But I do feel there was a valuable lesson learned by both. Could be wrong. Just my 2 cents lol
Old 08-23-2015, 10:39 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If the seller and buyer both agree to something, thats what I like to call the virtual handshake. Doesn't matter if money changes hand or anything else, you agreed to a deal(as long as OP's story is true). If Nissan said he would pay you the next day(it is also a weekend not like you can ship same day as it is), and rahul agreed, than its a deal and BOTH parties need to honor that agreement. If Nissan didn't end up paying then it would of been shame on him, but instead its shame on you rahul. Had you kept your word you would of still gotten your money and buyer would of gotten what they wanted. You aren't a proper businessman, and this only makes me not want to do business with you. For someone who seems to have tens of for sale threads up and probably doing many transactions I would of thought maybe you would have better practices than this
Old 08-23-2015, 11:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Exclamation Deposit

If a deposit was made to hold the item, then the seller would keep the deposit, if the buyer never completes the deal. BUT....if the deposit was made contingent (or pending) towards the purchase of the item, & the SELLER backed out, then the BUYER is entitled to the deposit back in full!!
Old 08-23-2015, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

What if the "deposit" is sent thru PayPal. Then the buyer files a claim. After they didn't pay the remaining balance after say a week and the item is then sold to someone else.

Do you guys think Pp is going to honor the "deposit"?

I know I have asked ppl to hold items. But I wouldn't be mad if they sold them to someone that had cash in hand.

On the other hand I have lost sales waiting on ppl to come up with the $$$.

I mean in the reality of it. It's for an rc item.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Yes I did ask the seller to mark it as "SOLD" and he said don't worry I will do it in a few hours!!!!! A few hours went by alright, and it was SOLD to someone else!!!!!

If I was going to back out of the deal and not pay the next day, I would have not told him to mark it as sold! Then everybody would have seen that I was the jerk that didn't pay the next day, but my intent on wanting him to mark it as sold so people would have known it was sold.

My whole point to put up the post was for people to know and not make the same mistake I made, but the seller still thinks he did nothing wrong (his opinion) and does not acknowledge that.

I just think it was a shady thing to do and I would never do that to anyone after giving someone my word!

Yes I ask a lot of questions, am I not entitled to ask questions?? we spoke on the phone for almost 10 minutes, and I thought we were good to go!

Originally Posted by flou
That's a good question and point. I bet if rest of payment was never made buyer would want token down returned.but is that right. Cuz buyer could have missed countless full payments or even same payment negotiated with token payor. And most people buying are here to spend. They don't buy from you they find next best deal.that's a tough one. Sellers have taught me that money talks period.not money tomorrow. But money now. Alot of guys selling cuz they need the money. I do understand ops side. His understanding was deal is closed. They agreed to terms.did buyer request add be marked deal pending? To stop potential buyers from scooping up from under him? I really see no need to be upset. I have missed bunches of opportunities to purchase something for needing a day. I have learned in my experience with wanting to purchase of I can't say I want it payment ready now there's a95%chance I miss it. If that's the case it wasn't meant for me to buy! But I do feel there was a valuable lesson learned by both. Could be wrong. Just my 2 cents lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.