Community
Wiki Posts
Search

***Avoid Eddy1513***

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

so the car needs front arms- kyosho sells them one back one front thats $20, it needs a new bumper- thats $9, it needs the plastics for the BB shocks, thats $18, it needs a front camber plate, thats $10 thats and it needs hardware.

Let me just tell you all this, I'm not a 10 year old, I'm 24 years old, I have sold and bought hundreds of things on ebay, I have bought and sold over 10 1/1 cars and I have only been stung maybe 2 times prior. I am not a idiot, I just figured the guy is selling a transponder too, and this is a RB5, not a Slash so I figured it was only used on the track, I also saw his feedback and he sold it as clean, so I had every reason to believe it was going to at least be in fair shape. Normally I do want to see many pictures but with this scenario I let it slide. Should I have asked for more pics, yes- does this make me wrong? no, he is the one who LIED.

It is much easier to pick on someone and shout "I told you so's" than to help or at least emphasize with that person, this generation of people is humorous, they are internet warriors but in person are socially awkward, scared men.

Like said before, no matter what you do, one day everyone will get burnt. *steps off soapbox*
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-15-2014, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Looks like it has seen some hard times on some rough concrete. Have you looked at the option simply send it back for full refund?

Seems like a best choice for you would be to walk away with the deal undone.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE
That's definitely not what I would call "clean".
+1

Looks like it was run heavily on asphalt.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tiburon
Should I have asked for more pics, yes- does this make me wrong? no, he is the one who LIED.
I think you might be misunderstanding everybody here. In NO way is the seller of that buggy anything short of a lier... and he is 100% at fault. Now having said that.. it is STILL a good idea to double check what you are getting with a couple of quick close-up pictures. The real cost on a kyosho isn't the arms or bumper, is the rear drive pins and out-drives.

That buggy has literally been driven into the ground. I concur with the return and refund, but the seller has to man up. Regardless, make sure you leave appropriate feedback so others know what this seller is like.

I MIGHT have an RB5 front arm I can give you (id have to dig, sold my rb5s a long time ago), if you decide to keep it. But lets face it.. it is just plastic (not like some piece of electronics that are abused). If the outdrives and pins are in good shape, as long as the roller doesn't have TOO much slop, it should still run just fine. Normally buggies in that condition would go for about $75, fully expecting the buyer will have to spend $40 or $50 making it race ready again.

-cpt.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

All I can say is WOW!
Old 04-15-2014, 01:31 PM
Tech Lord

Where are you at, Eddie? I sent him a PM, with a link, and asked that he come tell his side of the story (im not sure what we could possibly hear)... at least man up and give this guy his money back, if that is what he wants. Then we go from there.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:33 PM
Tech Lord

looks like all the screws on the bottom need to be replaced as well... holycrap that thing is just beat to all get-out!
Old 04-15-2014, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Where are you at, Eddie? I sent him a PM, with a link, and asked that he come tell his side of the story (im not sure what we could possibly hear)... at least man up and give this guy his money back, if that is what he wants. Then we go from there.
He called me a jerk and to get a life.

Like I said, not professional and should be avoided.

And yeah, the out-drives and drive shafts are wallowed out too. I would buy the buggy for $70 for the shocks, the rest of it is shot.

He is unwilling to do a partial refund or return, calling PayPal to expedite this, not my first rodeo.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I agree, that thing is anything but "clean and ready to go" as described. It has been beat the to the ground. Over and over and over. I seriously doubt you'll find too much on that that will be salvageable.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spookie
I agree, that thing is anything but "clean and ready to go" as described. It has been beat the to the ground. Over and over and over. I seriously doubt you'll find too much on that that will be salvageable.
The turnbuckle shafts look fine! then again... Kyosho is not known for putting great turnbuckles on their 1/10 offerings offerings.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:25 PM
Tech Lord

The seller is fully aware that we are waiting for his side of the story, he has already sent me a couple PMs calling the buyer names. He claims he has given you spare parts for the parts that are worn. I can share the PM if we think prudent.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Back to the OP. imo I would just pour it back in the box and get it ready to ship back when PP says so.

not even worthy as a parts car. the TONS of parts are a few new and used arms FOR THE WRONG CHASSIS and a couple knuckles and ball ends
Old 04-15-2014, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

He says because it can be driven it doesn't need fixing, I am a mechanic and that can't be farther from the truth. I guess clean means its in one piece.
Not worried about it, PayPal is good about this kind of thing.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Wow is that buggy HAMMERED! I never had anything look that beat even after my 12 year old daughter drove it. Fully agree that should be boxed up and sent back.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:36 PM
Tech Lord

And the fact that the seller is refusing to come to the community to discuss this says quite a bit about his intentions from the start. Hopefully paypal comes through for you and we see proper trader rating feedback for the seller.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.