Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

Buyers that back out of a deal....

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default Buyers that back out of a deal....

i hate this! had a buyer for a item he said he wanted more than once 2 PM'S from him asking for my paypal. i sent PayPal info and i told him i will ship ASAP once i receive payment! then nothing...... so i sent one more PM asking if he wanted the item? (NOTHING) if they do not want it just say NO will not hurt my feelings, do not leave a seller hanging.
InsaneRC likes this.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I'm sure I don't need to post how to avoid the whole waiting game...
Old 03-16-2014, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I openly give people 24 hours.. after that the next person in que gets a poke.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdMod
I openly give people 24 hours.. after that the next person in que gets a poke.
It still stinks though to have something up for sale for a while, finally get a member asking for your paypal like they are going to buy it, and then having the member dissapear. OP - I know where you are coming from. It's frustrating but unfortunetly part of the show with online selling.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default How buying and selling works in RCTech

For me, anyone who comes up with the money first gets the item. If no funds are in my paypal I just move along. If they snooze and come back later stating that they had dibs, they know perfectly well they didn't have the funds. Hope that helps for future buying/selling.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Screw honor here first guy with cash gets the item and I only say that because of so many people backing out on me.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

I add flakes/lowballers to my ignore list, simple as that.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Money=Sale
Talk=shopping
InsaneRC and konasubs like this.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Happened to me last 2 days. Honored the offer from the 1st guy even though the other 2 offered listed price. 3 pm's to me saying he would pay when
He got home...... Nothing.2 pm's back to him and SURPRISE no response.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oldgearhead
Happened to me last 2 days. Honored the offer from the 1st guy even though the other 2 offered listed price. 3 pm's to me saying he would pay when
He got home...... Nothing.2 pm's back to him and SURPRISE no response.
I always wonder what people are thinking when they say they want to buy something, then when you pm them asking if they are gonna send payment or not they just ignore you. They obviously get your pm's, read them, and make a conscious decision to ignore you. The only thing I can think of is they must be mentally handicapped in some way. A normal functioning member of society would just pm back, "hey sorry, I changed my mind and I don't think I'm gonna still buy it. Sorry about that."

Think about having a face to face convo with someone. You don't walk up to someone and say, "hi, I'd like to buy your car you have for sale". Seller says "sure, sounds great!" Then the buyer simply turns around, gets in his vehicle without saying another word and drives off.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 204 (100%+)

I would agree with a few of you guys and then disagree with others, the reason being is that sellers/buyers do not live on this site, if they are serious about buying something, then they generally will stay on here, so give them a 2 hour time limit or so, most people will check back from time to time, but others do not live on this site, and sorry but this first to pay gets it, it always pisses me off when I send paypal for an item, only to find that the seller sold it earlier and had not relized it, then I have to wait for paypal to issue me a credit, so I tend to stay away from them sellers, so simple solution would be to give them a time limit when giving your paypal info, then move on
Old 03-30-2014, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Troubles Dad
I would agree with a few of you guys and then disagree with others, the reason being is that sellers/buyers do not live on this site, if they are serious about buying something, then they generally will stay on here, so give them a 2 hour time limit or so, most peo. e will check back from time to time, but others do not live on this site, and sorry but this first to pay gets it, it always pisses me off when I send paypal for an item, only to find that the seller sold it earlier and had not relized it, then I have to wait for paypal to issue me a credit, so I tend to stay away from them sellers, so simple solution would be to give them a time limit when giving your paypal info, then move on
Its well within your right to leave them appropriate feedback when a seller does that. By them giving you their paypal address and you sending payment they are agreeing to sell you the item. So unless they communicate a deadline to pay or a pm prior to you paying saying they are accepting payment from someone else I would leave feedback.
konasubs likes this.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

As far as feedback for those who either post their PP addy or send it to multiple people with the mindset that the first to pay gets it. I have a sticky at the top about this.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

I guess I need to get better about including a deadline. I just had a situation where I was made an offer last night, send PP info 5 minutes later and then crickets. Finally got a message at 9:10 this morning that they sent paypal. Already sold so I had to deny the payment. Now I understand that we are not all on this site 24/7 but that is a bit long. At least tell me in your PM. Hey man I want these but I am going to sleep. I will send paypal first thing in the morning. I have held many a sell that way, sometimes I get paid in the morning, most times I don't. On the flip side I think as a seller you need to be responsive to buyers as well. If I send you a message saying I will take something and you wait 3 days to reply with paypal information I have probably moved on assuming you do not want to deal.

Last edited by 2canSAM; 03-31-2014 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Troubles Dad
I would agree with a few of you guys and then disagree with others, the reason being is that sellers/buyers do not live on this site, if they are serious about buying something, then they generally will stay on here, so give them a 2 hour time limit or so, most people will check back from time to time, but others do not live on this site, and sorry but this first to pay gets it, it always pisses me off when I send paypal for an item, only to find that the seller sold it earlier and had not relized it, then I have to wait for paypal to issue me a credit, so I tend to stay away from them sellers, so simple solution would be to give them a time limit when giving your paypal info, then move on
It's your option, BUT. I work 3rd shift. If I send you a PM at 10pm saying I'll take it, 2 hours isn't gonna help me. I may be work when you send that info. If I get home and then send payment WITHOUT you telling me that you sold it to someone else. If I then need to wait 2+ days for a refund, you're gonna get a neutral rating from me. BUT if you sell it while I'm at work and I get a PM saying that you sold it while I was gone, even though you sent PP info, I won't send payment and call it good. Even though I think 2 hours is less than reasonable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.