BUYER'S BEWARE - Username Ftnitro

Reply

Old 01-01-2013, 06:36 PM
  #31  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (128)
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,779
Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
So FTNitro, what is the tracking number for the motor and what method did you send it?

Also, why didn't you update paypal with the tracking number?

lastly, whats up with that photo?
i guess i'm still not proficient with paypal. i never update paypal with tracking numbers. i just PM the tracking number to the buyer. is this something i should be doing? does it make the buyer feel safer to have it updated in paypal?
RC*PHREAK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:38 PM
  #32  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (253)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 31,295
Trader Rating: 253 (100%+)
Default

Paypal is going to ask you for a tracking number if there is an issue, why wait?

They will also send a notice to the buyer with the tracking number.

2 birds 1 stone.
Cain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:58 PM
  #33  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (133)
 
timannnn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,165
Trader Rating: 133 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
i guess i'm still not proficient with paypal. i never update paypal with tracking numbers. i just PM the tracking number to the buyer. is this something i should be doing? does it make the buyer feel safer to have it updated in paypal?
If you print your shipping label through PayPal it's done automatically and also sends an email to buyer with number.
timannnn6 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:19 PM
  #34  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 28
Default

I will update the buyer with tracking info when in front of a computer and not drivin in a car, and no it was not done using the Paypal clicknprint it was done with regular USPS in person.
Ftnitro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:29 PM
  #35  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (60)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: I race at Comp Rc in OKC
Posts: 2,715
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

i smell scam... how can you use a stock photo taken from Tekin website? how come you do not take pics of the item you have with your camera? you wont provide tracking when you are driving? but you wioll respomd to this thread driving?
Graphite07 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:32 PM
  #36  
Tech Master
iTrader: (118)
 
harry697's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: south jersey
Posts: 1,818
Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cain View Post

lastly, whats up with that photo?
I can't wait to hear the explanation for this. He clearly used someone elses motor pic from an ad on this forum last year.
harry697 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:35 PM
  #37  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lake County, Florida
Posts: 513
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

That is odd. I am into another hobby besides R/C. Both the online forums for the other hobby require members to be active for 90 days and have 50 meaningful posts before they can advertise items for sale. There is also a minimum requirement to be able to even visit the for sale threads as a buyer.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of scammers here as there are not many repercussions other than being told you should have looked at feedback. Kind of a slap in the face, if you ask me.


Originally Posted by timannnn6 View Post
Just trying to think of a deterrent. 5-10 positives can be obtained just as a buyer. Plus 250+ posts. Most scammers on here just joined, no feedback, low post count (and only in for sale thread), etc. Not saying it's a be all end all but it's definitely a start. But alas moderators said site owner(s) did not accept that (which seems odd to me).
AndyH5212 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:24 PM
  #38  
Tech Master
iTrader: (95)
 
Tran901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Memphis, Tn
Posts: 1,647
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Buying/selling is a risk or gamble that you are willing to take. The mods can only do so much, they aren't the cops and won't act like them. Even people with good feedback may do the wrong thing, you never know, but you take the chance and hope for the best
Tran901 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:35 PM
  #39  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (31)
 
racer1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 15,095
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

I'm still digging....
racer1812 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:44 PM
  #40  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (31)
 
racer1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 15,095
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ftnitro View Post
there should have been a ',' I don't have multiple messages from Kane-o

and Timmerman6 was the one spreading the buyer beware notice.
I'll be asking him to provide those to me. PM's are not time stamped but you can't fake them either so if he did send them to you I'll see them. Not good for you.
racer1812 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:57 PM
  #41  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (31)
 
racer1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 15,095
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Pictures...That would appear to be a stock Tekin photo.

Lcg hobbies used it and it was advertised as a new motor, and included a personal (non stock) photo of the SKU. That is legit. Along with the fact that Lcg hobbies is affiliated with a legit race facility which is attended by several team drivers that I know.

For a private user to use a stock ad photo is a big red flag.

Truth is I need more information at this point.

Printed PP labels are USELESS!! They mean nothing until it's been scanned at the post office.

If the seller has a DC/tracking# I want to see it.
racer1812 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:03 PM
  #42  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (31)
 
racer1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 15,095
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AndyH5212 View Post
That is odd. I am into another hobby besides R/C. Both the online forums for the other hobby require members to be active for 90 days and have 50 meaningful posts before they can advertise items for sale. There is also a minimum requirement to be able to even visit the for sale threads as a buyer.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of scammers here as there are not many repercussions other than being told you should have looked at feedback. Kind of a slap in the face, if you ask me.
While this isn't the place to debate this I doubt any other forum you're on has as many users/members as this one. Simple numbers are going to show we'll have more issues. If you think about the number of transactions that happen on this site every day we have very few issues.
racer1812 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:04 PM
  #43  
Tech Master
iTrader: (118)
 
harry697's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: south jersey
Posts: 1,818
Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
Pictures...That would appear to be a stock Tekin photo.

Lcg hobbies used it and it was advertised as a new motor, and included a personal (non stock) photo of the SKU. That is legit. Along with the fact that Lcg hobbies is affiliated with a legit race facility which is attended by several team drivers that I know.

For a private user to use a stock ad photo is a big red flag.

Truth is I need more information at this point.

Printed PP labels are USELESS!! They mean nothing until it's been scanned at the post office.

If the seller has a DC/tracking# I want to see it.

Are you saying that the motor pic in this thread is a stock Tekin photo?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...t8-2050kv.html

Not sure, just asking. Looked to me like it was one that somebody took themselves. I know the pic of the RX8 that Ftnitro was trying to sell was a stock pic though.
harry697 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:17 PM
  #44  
Moderator
iTrader: (11)
 
Deja Vu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Omaha, Ne
Posts: 1,015
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

I agree...the Tekin T8 motor photo was taken from an ad a legitimate member posted here on RCTech about a year ago. The guy who actually took the photo also included in his ad the SKU number off the box it came in. The Tekin RX8 ESC photo is a Tekin stock photo.
Deja Vu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:22 PM
  #45  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (253)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 31,295
Trader Rating: 253 (100%+)
Default

well, one way to look at it ... at least we didn't (so far) get the "I'm Sick / Uncle Fred's dead / I got hit by a meteor and it ate my receipt" excuse ... yet
Cain is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service