Community
Wiki Posts
Search

buyer beware

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Tech Rookie

I have guys like that piece of S*#T to thank for making trading online harder for us new to the site or have never traded on here yet, and most all buyers have the fear of this happening to them.

Sorry to hear this happened to you, I do agree with alot of ppl here and start your claim as soon as you can.

As for the mods not agreeing with vigilante justice i do not agree with that at all, everyone should be warned about this guy, anytime he posts it should be tracked until his trader feedback goes up and he is found honoring is deals.

just my 2cents
Old 03-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

My $.02, file a PP claim now! The seller has no pics of anything he's selling, several people have asked for them.

Having that many FS threads in such a short time and low post count along with zero feedback doesn't automatically mean scammer BUT it's not a good sign either.

He knows how to post pics, the ones he does have posted are copied from manufacturer sites though.....
Old 03-06-2012, 04:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
My $.02, file a PP claim now! The seller has no pics of anything he's selling, several people have asked for them.

Having that many FS threads in such a short time and low post count along with zero feedback doesn't automatically mean scammer BUT it's not a good sign either.

He knows how to post pics, the ones he does have posted are copied from manufacturer sites though.....
If the site had a certain number of posts and time before selling, This wouldn't be an issue most of the time.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Speedy S
If the site had a certain number of posts and time before selling, This wouldn't be an issue most of the time.
New guidelines are in place but we're waiting for IB to turn them on. It's out of the mods and administrations hands at this point.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ethan5050
guys i feel like its my fault on that one... I told him i would buy it, and he was local... After that i told him lets meet up, but he was insistent on getting the money via pp... I told lets meet up again, and then i never heard back from him... I knew something was wrong than... I wanted to start a thread on this guy, but i guess it was to late.... We really need to pay attention to these people with no trader rating!!!!! I hope this dirt bag gets what he has coming one day and gets the sh*t beat out of him.... Its harsh, but i mean it!!!!!!!
This is a SCAM! Who in the world would bypass CASH IN HAND and ask for Paypal instead? I bet he asked to be paid as a gift too. is he selling so that he can pay for his expenses while he awaits his lottery proceeds from his african kingdon?
Old 03-06-2012, 09:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
New guidelines are in place but we're waiting for IB to turn them on. It's out of the mods and administrations hands at this point.
If they move as fast about fixing this site as they are the RCU site, that will be somewhere between never and forget about it.

RCU's entire site has been having server issues for weeks and they're doing nothing about it.

It's sad to see two good sites turned into "all about the ad revenue" silos.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Originally Posted by LaTuFu
If they move as fast about fixing this site as they are the RCU site, that will be somewhere between never and forget about it.

RCU's entire site has been having server issues for weeks and they're doing nothing about it.

so im guessing that i'm not the only one getting the page cannot load BS every 3 pages.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LaTuFu

Im actually suprised to see mods and admin do something besides ban and suspend people. Hopefully they will get the certain number of post before selling quick. I really think that will help this site out ALOT.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

started paypal dispute yesturday. Still no response so I did the next and last step. He has 10 days to reply back to paypal and then they will award the money. (they say there is a hold on the money) Now I gotta wait with no rx8.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default TOTALLY AGREE

Originally Posted by Speedy S
Im actually suprised to see mods and admin do something besides ban and suspend people. Hopefully they will get the certain number of post before selling quick. I really think that will help this site out ALOT.
THE RCU ISSUE IS BEING RESOLVED AND TO THE GUY WITH RX8 MAN YOU DONT WANT PP ON YOUR A$$,, CAUSE I MEAN COME ON WE ALL KNOW YOUR READING THIS THREAD AND THINK UR CUTE WELL I HAVE TO SAY YOU R MAKING IT HARD FOR US NEW GUYS,,NOT THAT I AM WORRIED I AM A HONEST GUY,HE'S PROBABLY SOME BUM WHO'S TO LAZY TO WORK OR LIVES IN TIMBUCTOO WITH HIS MOMMY AND HATES AMERICANS,,WELL I WILL HAVE TO SAY THIS LOOKS LIKE A SCAM,,DOWN HERE WHERE I COME FROM WE HAVE A SAYIN IF IT LOOKS LIKE A DUCK AND SOUNDS LIKE A DUCK THEN HELL ,,,MUST BE A DUCK,,,,FILE CLAIM AND GOOD LUCK
Old 03-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry for telling you about that f/s post on the rx8 i feel a little guilty but i knew that you were looking for 1 seeing as they were on back order everywhere. I tried to get this guy to respond back to me also and he did not. But if he does...
Old 03-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1buzz1
Sorry for telling you about that f/s post on the rx8 i feel a little guilty but i knew that you were looking for 1 seeing as they were on back order everywhere. I tried to get this guy to respond back to me also and he did not. But if he does...
well maybe now you can get your 4x4 going before me. Good thing I wanted this for outdoor, but I dont have to much time to waste. Maybe I should just order one know.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cbass722
well maybe now you can get your 4x4 going before me. Good thing I wanted this for outdoor, but I dont have to much time to waste. Maybe I should just order one know.
I dont know what your talking about .. 4x4?
Old 03-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

This whole thing makes me scared to trade with anyone on this site!!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cbass722
started paypal dispute yesturday. Still no response so I did the next and last step. He has 10 days to reply back to paypal and then they will award the money. (they say there is a hold on the money) Now I gotta wait with no rx8.
As far as I know, if paypal is holding his money it's because his account is unverified. Did you notice his account status on your invoice?

If that's the case, that guy is really stupid. Why try to scam when you have a half-assed account and you can't touch the money?

You should have no problem getting your money back. Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.