R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   Problem with purchase (slater333) (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/590596-problem-purchase-slater333.html)

skengines 01-23-2012 08:55 AM

Problem with purchase (slater333)

Issue resolved.

LaTuFu 01-23-2012 08:58 AM

If you aren't going to try to remove the screw yourself (not saying I disagree, btw) I would definitely contact the seller and see what he's willing to work out. File the claim if he's not willing to help or doesn't follow through.

Good luck, I hope you get it worked out quickly.

skengines 01-23-2012 09:05 AM

I will not be attempting to remove the screw. I talked to several of my track buddies and they said to not even touch as it may cause further damage to the chassis.

The screw had to have been damaged by someone who worked on the car before it was sold to me.

Had I known the screw was damaged, I would not have even purchased the truck.

Cadimman 01-23-2012 09:10 AM

I agree to contact the seller to see if/what he is willing to do for you. Best to sort it out between each other first of coarse.

skengines 01-23-2012 09:13 AM

This is his email response from Saturday (1/21) which led to me opening this thread.

The barcodes are accurate as described. No need to send pictures because i sent them as i described. As far as the broken screw, I honestly did not notice as the roller bars were solid and in place.

$80 you are asking for in return I find utterly ridiculous and are just taking advantage of a great seller. You saw my eBay credentials and I am honest and provide great deals to all my sales.

I would empathize if I felt I did you wrong, but this is not the case because frankly there is no issue as I see it. You have a great race truck at an amazing deal.

Kylar 01-23-2012 09:15 AM

The seller should have disclosed the broken off screw, trying to say the buyer should have noticed something that small in the pics is a bit ridiculous.

I would say he owes you some compensation for the broken off screw, i don't know if paying for a whole new chassis or $80 is fair in my opinion. If you cant come to an agreement i would ask to return it and get your money back. Just like with any store usually the buyer would be responsible for return shipping if they arent happy with the product.

Personally i would try and extract it with an easy out, or drill it out and tap it for a 4mm screw and call it a day, its just for the Nerf bar. You arent going to damage the integrity of the chassis by trying.

skengines 01-23-2012 09:24 AM

Definitely don't mind returning the entire package to him. It cost around 68.00 to ship this package via UPS so I figured it would be much easier to just issue a partial refund. I can even send the chassis back to Ed at my expense.

Kylar 01-23-2012 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by skengines (Post 10214137)
Definitely don't mind returning the entire package to him. It cost around 68.00 to ship this package via UPS so I figured it would be much easier to just issue a partial refund. I can even send the chassis back to Ed at my expense.

This is something you'll have to work out with the seller. Not sure where you both live but $70 seems very high for UPS, if it was the post office i could see the price.
I've shipped Short course trucks all over the U.S and its usually between $18-$30 at the most.

skengines 01-23-2012 09:30 AM

I was a bit surprised as well. He sent me a picture of the receipt and it says 68.00. The box he used was pretty big and I will use the same box to ship it back if it gets to that point.

He is in Michigan and I am in Nevada.

Jarrad 01-23-2012 09:36 AM

That's still off. I ship alot of stuff through my job and I can ship a large package 24x36x24 weighing 40 lbs ups ground to California for right around 23 bucks.

skengines 01-23-2012 09:38 AM

Here is a copy of the receipt he sent me.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...hok3/photo.jpg

LaTuFu 01-23-2012 10:08 AM

Ground residential is usually more than regular UPS ground, but its not double. He must have added some extras (insurance, adult signature required, Saturday delivery are all extra charge items)

$80 is pretty stiff, imo. I'd either ship it all back for a refund or settle on a smaller refund amount and get the screw removed.

A smaller partial refund is probably the best option for both of you. Less risk and hassle.

Tim Smith 01-23-2012 10:10 AM

He went to a UPS "Store" which regularly charges 3-4 times the actual shipping cost for handling fee's. My wife did this once and they charged her 70.00 for a 1/10 scale car to be shipped...... I now go to the post office or to an actual USP hub and its never over 15 bucks. I just shipped a larger box with two cars to England and it was only 40.00...........

Strange that someone like this guy who mentions how experienced of a seller he is would pay 68 bucks to ship a RC truck.........

Good Luck

skengines 01-23-2012 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by LaTuFu (Post 10214348)
Ground residential is usually more than regular UPS ground, but its not double. He must have added some extras (insurance, adult signature required, Saturday delivery are all extra charge items)

$80 is pretty stiff, imo. I'd either ship it all back for a refund or settle on a smaller refund amount and get the screw removed.

A smaller partial refund is probably the best option for both of you. Less risk and hassle.

Thank you for your input.

Also note that he sold me tires that I can't use on the track. On the street Yes but to drive on the track with 3 good tires and one bad tire..No.

I just got a shipping quote from our company UPS program and it said 40.00 but our company gets discount shipping since we send over 1000 packages a month.

Cadimman 01-23-2012 10:18 AM

Didn't notice is an extremely poor excuse. I think any one of us would have seen it if we were holding it in our hands looking it over.

skipnay 01-23-2012 10:33 AM

To be honest with you if he owned it and the screw got broke he knew it!!! Go to a local machine shop and see how much they would charge you!!! Tell the original seller how much and be honest with him don't try and make a few dollars out of it. I would say it shouldn't be much more then $40-$60 if that. See if he would pay half...

skengines 01-23-2012 10:52 AM

I wouldn't mind doing that but if the machine shop damages it, then I would be in a deeper hole.

I'd rather send the chassis back to him for a partial refund and purchase a new one.

Hueyco 01-23-2012 11:31 AM

I think you were considering to sell it for $100.00 shipped (with saddle pack holder) on a separate thread. Not sure if that was the post or pre defect discovery price?

If I can help at all by taking it off your hands, let me know how much you want.

Jarrad 01-23-2012 11:34 AM

I would put faith in your local machine shop. I have seen mine do some amazing things with bolts broke off under the surface. That is how these people make thier living, so as long as you go to a reputable shop I bet they can get you fixed up in a hurry for probably less than you would spend shipping the thing back.

Cadimman 01-23-2012 11:43 AM

+1

skengines 01-23-2012 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Hueyco (Post 10214711)
I think you were considering to sell it for $100.00 shipped (with saddle pack holder) on a separate thread. Not sure if that was the post or pre defect discovery price?

If I can help at all by taking it off your hands, let me know how much you want.

Yep, I posted it for sale before I discovered the broken screw.

Hueyco 01-23-2012 12:15 PM

Well, I'm sure you have some costs to figure on, so let me know how much you want for the tray and chassis.

I of course understand if you need to settle with Slater, just for the principal of it.

skengines 01-23-2012 12:21 PM

Will definitely keep you posted on this. If I can recover 80.00 I would consider this settled.

Hueyco 01-23-2012 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by skengines (Post 10214899)
Will definitely keep you posted on this. If I can recover 80.00 I would consider this settled.

OK, assuming all else is in working order (all other threads are good in all other holes), I'd go $85.00 for the chassis and saddle pack holder, shipped (Ca). Let me know-:nod:

skengines 01-23-2012 02:38 PM

UPDATE: I just found out that the Savox servo that was included in the package deal does NOT work.

SirKarnage 01-23-2012 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by skengines (Post 10215505)
UPDATE: I just found out that the Savox servo that was included in the package deal does NOT work.

Does not work as in dead? or Does not work as in.... It needs an external BEC to power it? Savox is kinda known for being power hungry...

skengines 01-23-2012 08:16 PM

I have the 1267 in my other 4x4 running an RX8 and I have no problems. The 1257 I don't believe is a HV servo.

roadrashracing2 01-23-2012 08:59 PM

Why has it been mostly offroad stuff that people have been having problems with?

SirKarnage 01-24-2012 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by skengines (Post 10217352)
I have the 1267 in my other 4x4 running an RX8 and I have no problems. The 1257 I don't believe is a HV servo.

Is this savox running off of another Rx8 or .... a Castle?

Graphite07 01-24-2012 03:24 AM

asking for 80$ is out of the question. 1 screw and a couple bald tires gezzz talking about trying to take advantage of the seller. you can drill this screw out.the nerf bar sits lose. atleast you got the package and everything he had in his sales ad.

skipnay 01-24-2012 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Jarrad (Post 10214730)
I would put faith in your local machine shop. I have seen mine do some amazing things with bolts broke off under the surface. That is how these people make thier living, so as long as you go to a reputable shop I bet they can get you fixed up in a hurry for probably less than you would spend shipping the thing back.

Originally Posted by Cadimman (Post 10214768)
+1

I agree. If you have seen some of the smallest things they work on. Granted they may not have the right tap, but I doubt it. You can pick one up easily. I have seen to heads side by side with one being made from a head that was broke in half, then cut the outsides off of it and had two different type of heads rewelded on it and couldn't tell the difference from the regular head.

skengines 01-24-2012 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by SirKarnage (Post 10218366)
Is this savox running off of another Rx8 or .... a Castle?

Using an RX8.

skengines 01-24-2012 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Graphite07 (Post 10218415)
asking for 80$ is out of the question. 1 screw and a couple bald tires gezzz talking about trying to take advantage of the seller. you can drill this screw out.the nerf bar sits lose. atleast you got the package and everything he had in his sales ad.

And I'm assuming you didn't read the part about the broken servo? :rolleyes:

So are you trying to say if you bought something that was advertised as having 80% tire tread and you received a tire with only 10%, you wouldn't mind just as long as you received the tires?

How about I sell you a servo that I advertised as 100% working and you receive a servo that only buzzes? I guess I could say 'at least you got the package'?

skengines 01-24-2012 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by skipnay (Post 10218844)
I agree. If you have seen some of the smallest things they work on. Granted they may not have the right tap, but I doubt it. You can pick one up easily. I have seen to heads side by side with one being made from a head that was broke in half, then cut the outsides off of it and had two different type of heads rewelded on it and couldn't tell the difference from the regular head.

Guys, I will not touch anything on the chassis until we reach a resolution. If I were to touch the chassis and cause further damage then this would give the seller a good excuse to deny the return because it is not being returned in the condition it was sold to me.

Graphite07 01-24-2012 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by skengines (Post 10218887)
And I'm assuming you didn't read the part about the broken servo? :rolleyes:

So are you trying to say if you bought something that was advertised as having 80% tire tread and you received a tire with only 10%, you wouldn't mind just as long as you received the tires?

How about I sell you a servo that I advertised as 100% working and you receive a servo that only buzzes? I guess I could say 'at least you got the package'?

Omg grow up!! If you do like the 4x4 sell it or part It out.

skengines 01-24-2012 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Graphite07 (Post 10219301)
Omg grow up!! If you do like the 4x4 sell it or part It out.

That made no sense at all but then again all of your posts don't make sense. :lol:

Stay out of the thread if you are going to make useless posts.

nastystroker 01-24-2012 08:21 AM

Sounds like id just ask for a full refund including shipping charges or split shipping charges. Its a shame that people on here try and get over on the few of us just trying to have fun.

Marcos.J 01-24-2012 09:12 AM

This is what happens when you try to get a good deal and buy used , don't expect for everything to be up to your standards everybody is different , my idea of used is not the same as yours:) save yourself a headache and just save a little money and buy it from your hobby store , then you know exactly what you are getting.

I also noticed that you haven't left him feedback either, if you are not happy and don't leave proper feedback , makes the feedback feature useless .

skengines 01-24-2012 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Marcos.J (Post 10219602)
This is what happens when you try to get a good deal and buy used , don't expect for everything to be up to your standards everybody is different , my idea of used is not the same as yours:) save yourself a headache and just save a little money and buy it from your hobby store , then you know exactly what you are getting.

I also noticed that you haven't left him feedback either, if you are not happy and don't leave proper feedback , makes the feedback feature useless .

Definitely learned my lesson here. Deal was too good to be true and it will be my last time purchasing used.

I have bought a few used items here and have had no problems at all.

Graphite07 01-24-2012 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by skengines (Post 10219355)
That made no sense at all but then again all of your posts don't make sense. :lol:

Stay out of the thread if you are going to make useless posts.

My post make no sense lmao. Nice of you to notice this!
Sounds like you want something for free, I read all your post sounds like you want the truck for free or a huge refund.

Maybe you should have use pm's to the seller if you did not want people to side with the seller, your looking for all the people to take your side.

Bye kid.