Community
Wiki Posts
Search

need decision help

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

i did not force anyone to take the deal and here is the posting that i had sent him for the packs
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...od-set-6s.html
Old 11-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nastystroker
if you read the whole forum you would see i said you added cash with it. either way you didnt try and make it right so you got your feedback
sorry for writing all these posts but WHERE does it say that anywhere on this thread. I did not see that in one place.
Oh and i just have to ask...... you said you have been doing this for many years and it was nothing you did to the lipo yet you have had one catch fire on you already... hmm
Old 11-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Clearly you could have done something to rectify the situation, instead of dealing with this now.

The reality is instead of working something out and keeping a good rep, you now are perceived as someone that has two deals as a seller, one good and one bad, so a buyer has a 50 percent chance of getting a good deal or getting screwed.

Yes, the original thread stated it had been repaired, but I didn't see anything about a pack being puffed (even slightly), but it did say 100 percent working condition. Anyone can do a half ass job to make a product working, until it is actually used and it comes apart.

Yeah, you win some and lose some on deals, that is a way of saying you can accept being screwed some of the time. I don't find it acceptable.

If you clearly told the buyer about some of the issues and he still went ahead, then my apologies to you. I will be more than happy to edit and or delete my posts if you would like.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Triscuit
i did not force anyone to take the deal and here is the posting that i had sent him for the packs
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...od-set-6s.html
i must say i am with Triscuit on this one, myself would have just bought the 2 that did not have work done on them, you chose to buy them all, i feel triscuit did nothing wrong in this deal, looks like buyer just made a bad choice in buying all knowing 1 had work done to it, he did say 1 had to be rewrapped due to problem, just my thoughts, you still got a good deal with 2 good ones at 25.00 each
Old 11-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by inferno13
i must say i am with Triscuit on this one, myself would have just bought the 2 that did not have work done on them, you chose to buy them all, i feel triscuit did nothing wrong in this deal, looks like buyer just made a bad choice in buying all knowing 1 had work done to it, he did say 1 had to be rewrapped due to problem, just my thoughts
He also stated 100 percent working condition.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by badaml
He also stated 100 percent working condition.
myself have had brand new lipos swell up right out of the box new, had 1 catch on fire. no one knows when a lipo is ready to go, it just happens, i have also had lipos that swell up twice there size and work perfect, just never know, thats why alot of guys wont buy used lipos
Old 11-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Suspended

also thats why 99% of hooby shops dont do a refund policy on electronics. if they dont, why expect someone to do it here for a used one
Old 11-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Suspended

myself have had brand new lipos swell up right out of the box new, had 1 catch on fire. no one knows when a lipo is ready to go, it just happens, i have also had lipos that swell up twice there size and work perfect, just never know, thats why alot of guys wont buy used lipos
I don't run lipo, nitro lol. Not disagreeing with you about the issues with lipo's, but he also tried to shift blame a few posts up by stating the buyer said he had experience with lipo's but had 1 catch fire, hmmm.

That type of attitude just sends up warning signs for me.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:00 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Triscuit
sorry for writing all these posts but WHERE does it say that anywhere on this thread. I did not see that in one place.
Oh and i just have to ask...... you said you have been doing this for many years and it was nothing you did to the lipo yet you have had one catch fire on you already... hmm
Old 11-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Suspended

I don't run lipo, nitro lol. Not disagreeing with you about the issues with lipo's, but he also tried to shift blame a few posts up by stating the buyer said he had experience with lipo's but had 1 catch fire, hmmm.

That type of attitude just sends up warning signs for me.
i understand what your saying, i run only nitro now also, no fires...lol but even buying new you take chances, not really the sellers fault, he did say one was repaired, and if he said somthing stupid a few post back, probly just stressed about the deal and trying to stand up for himself when everyone is calling him a scammer! its hard to do here ive been there, just frustrating.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:06 PM
Suspended

Last thing I will post on this:

Doesn't really matter what hobby shops do, I have seen a hobby shop set up a brand new losi, set the failsafe wrong, handed it to the buyer, and then it went all haywire. There fault, and they refused to do anything about it.

The only thing that really needs to be said about this whole deal is - Would you buy from the seller, or sell to the buyer?
Old 11-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Suspended

Last thing I will post on this:

Doesn't really matter what hobby shops do, I have seen a hobby shop set up a brand new losi, set the failsafe wrong, handed it to the buyer, and then it went all haywire. There fault, and they refused to do anything about it.

The only thing that really needs to be said about this whole deal is - Would you buy from the seller, or sell to the buyer?
i would deal with both of them, just not for any lipos....LMAO!
Old 11-11-2010, 05:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

i must say i am with Triscuit on this one, myself would have just bought the 2 that did not have work done on them, you chose to buy them all, i feel triscuit did nothing wrong in this deal, looks like buyer just made a bad choice in buying all knowing 1 had work done to it, he did say 1 had to be rewrapped due to problem, just my thoughts, you still got a good deal with 2 good ones at 25.00 each
but that wasnt the deal i didnt buy them out right we did a trade. I got the three batteries and 60 bucks thru paypal so buy the time paypal got theres i cleared a little over 50 i traded him a perfect b44 roller with 2 sets of lipo saddle packs. the only reason i was willing to take a loss was i needed those lipos for my son and i to run in our slashes. I contacted him over 2 weeks ago and tried to work it out he asked how i wanted to work it out i said send me another battery he told me he didnt have anymore i then said send me the 25 bucks you were asking for the battery and i got no response. I know he had been on here because i saw where he logged in. I dont like to give neg feedback but i think i tried to work it out with him but it seamed he didnt so here we are. I take pride in anything i sell and even he said my b44 looked great. so that being said anyone wanna buy a perfectly good puffed lipo with the wires hanging off?
Old 11-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

i understand what your saying, i run only nitro now also, no fires...lol but even buying new you take chances, not really the sellers fault, he did say one was repaired, and if he said somthing stupid a few post back, probly just stressed about the deal and trying to stand up for himself when everyone is calling him a scammer! its hard to do here ive been there, just frustrating.
I wasn't calling him out. I was simply saying that this stuff does happen and there is no way of telling when it will go. Did you have any idea that lipo was going to catch fire? no... if so i doubt you would have had it at that point. It was not puffed at all and i have ran about 5 cycles on that pack with that repair and never had an issue. I have repaired many lipo's since i have started and have never had an issue with any of them.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

i would deal with both of them, just not for any lipos....LMAO!
and thanks for the support, guess the best thing to do is not sell any lipo's anymore and just hold on to them even if i am never going to use them again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.