Search

PEOPLE WASTING TIME

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 08:14 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Angry PEOPLE WASTING TIME

Just venting. Delete if seen fit.

Spend hours PMing back and forth on potential deals and then they just stop. Won't respond. I've got money waiting and they just stop. I pm and ask if there's something I did to cause it (can't see it) and still no response. Sooooo many times this has happend. People answering my want ads offering product and then just stop. I DON"T GET IT. Quit wasting my time!!!! Man buying used is sometimes not worth the time investment. I'd rather spend the time at work making extra cash and buying it retail.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

I am in the middle of this right now......
Old 04-07-2010, 05:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

My own view would be that if it takes much pm'ing beyond a couple messages then someone is over-complicating things and that is where mis-understandings are more likely to occur. Not saying it's you, not saying it's the other party, but POSSIBLY someone is realizing that it's just getting too complicated OR that it's taking up more time than THEY think it's worth to sell a rack of pinions or a used motor so they decide to "cut their losses". That said, just ceasing communication is kinda CS, especially if someone writes asking what the problem is. If the above was my concern I'd just reply that it seemed to be taking up too much of my time to be worthwhile and that I'd rather not deal, wish them the best in their search, and be done with it. No need to be rude, etc...just a judgement call.

But think about it for a minute...unless you're talking about a roller with a TON of parts and this or that there is no deal that should take more than a couple of pm's to or from either party (not counting confirmation of shipping, confirmation of receipt, feedback, etc). Again, we've never dealt, but I HAVE dealt with folks who want to make a career out of buying a half-dozen used pinions or whatever)...and I just don't have time for it so I'll just bow out.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:22 AM
Suspended

I am talking about buying complete rollers with parts. Not a ton, but..... I've bought before and not been happy. Everyone states that I didn't ask enough questions. So now I ask things like "how's the diffs?" etc. Then does it come with body, wheels? And so it goes.

And that is EXACTLY what I mean. If someone asked me why I stopped communicating I would tell them the reason. If you don't tell people what's wrong, it won't get fixed. At least that's what I try to teach my kids LOL.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Roger that...

And an EXCELLENT lesson for your kids--good on you for instilling that life skill. Teaching 8th grade math I see a LOT of kids who would benefit from just that lesson.

Better luck on the next deal, sounds like this one was maybe just not to be.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cadimman
Just venting. Delete if seen fit.

Spend hours PMing back and forth on potential deals and then they just stop. Won't respond. I've got money waiting and they just stop. I pm and ask if there's something I did to cause it (can't see it) and still no response. Sooooo many times this has happend. People answering my want ads offering product and then just stop. I DON"T GET IT. Quit wasting my time!!!! Man buying used is sometimes not worth the time investment. I'd rather spend the time at work making extra cash and buying it retail.

i agree with you.i had this a few days i sent like 15 pictures and 6 PM'S loaded with info and more pics after 30 minutes later no repsonse from the idiot i was going to sell to....then nothing for two days! then out of the blue still have that engine????? but my friends brother has one for 15 cheaper can u do that il buy it. i never repsonded back.then he replys back again okay NO DEAL i found it some where else for 30 cheaper.....i swear idiots are not worth dealing with...once i set a price and send pics and INFO and paypal addy if oyu do nto buy it,i move on to the next buyer.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:53 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Roger that...

And an EXCELLENT lesson for your kids--good on you for instilling that life skill. Teaching 8th grade math I see a LOT of kids who would benefit from just that lesson.

Better luck on the next deal, sounds like this one was maybe just not to be.
If it was just one deal I would get over it. Unfortunately, it's been very common. 3 people on one wanted ad alone. I'm getting sick of it and that's why I started this thread as my wife says I spend too much time on the PC so when it's unproductive to boot, I get a little worked up. Even worse when you're the buyer sitting here holding cash and nobody wants to take your money....
Old 04-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

I hear you man what a waste of time this is becoming i have had the same things happen to me lately it sucks
Old 04-07-2010, 11:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Thumbs down

DARN TIRE KICKERS...... FIRST TO PAYPAL WINS!
Old 04-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Suspended

I think I wasn't clear or people are missing the point. If I'm selling something and people are kicking tires, that's the name of the game. A car salesman can invest time on numerous people with no sales and that's how it goes. I've got wanted ads up. People are coming to me with buggies for sale. I ask questions about it and they answer. Just when I think we are ready for a deal, they go quiet. I'm not lowballing either! I stand by my statement that I'd rather spend that time earning extra money.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Spend hours PMing back and forth on potential deals and then they just stop. Won't respond
Originally Posted by Graphite07
sent like 15 pictures and 6 PM'S loaded with info and more pics after 30 minutes later no repsonse from the idiot i was going to sell to....then nothing for two days! then out of the blue still have that engine?
If it was just one deal I would get over it. Unfortunately, it's been very common.
AMEN !

You are not alone - selling here is becoming a REAL hassle. If it's not a chisler demanding a give away price AND free shipping, it's the guy who disappears after he asks for your Paypal account info !!!

I've got a jerk who's been saying he'll send $$$ for (3) THREE weeks - he drops out for 3-4 days and comes back saying "hey man, I'll send Paypal tonight".

Ebay sucks, but this place has been worse for months.

Rant over
Old 04-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default waste of time

i agree why do people even respond just to fall off. i am not interested are no reply would be better. and i also agree, ask questions. wish i would of asked more on a couple past trades. also i will never never hold anything for anyone again, let other deals fall through now i am stuck!
Old 04-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

this is why i put my cell phone number in my ads if someone has tons of questions i have no problem answering them just call me we can talk for a few min and youll know everything about the part im selling plus you get a better feel for what kind of person i am and know im not here to screw you over
Old 04-15-2010, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I had the same thing happen recently. we played pm tage for a bit. We came to an agreement on purchase price and I paid within 30min but the item was suppposedly sold
Old 04-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I hate when people WTB items and you PM them and they don't respond and there the one that placed the ad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.