Wiki Posts
Search

am i getting scammed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AmmoJammo
ah... logging onto a hobby forum, but not replying to emails?

there is no kid.

you're getting scammed.
Originally Posted by boomgagem
I agree, if you can take someone's money, you can find a way to ship it.

Get a neighbor or relative to help you out. It's not like its an all day job to just run by the post office. Or in the time that it took him to log onto here, he could have logged onto paypal, printed a shipping label, and stuffed it in the mailbox, or literally dropped it off at the po
Even if he did log in and did not respond to emails. So what. That does not mean he is a scammer. I still say let it rest until Monday. There is no reason to point fingers in such a short window" less than a week".
Asking your neighbor or relative to mail something for you is a inconvenience to them.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Even if he did log in and did not respond to emails. So what. That does not mean he is a scammer. I still say let it rest until Monday. There is no reason to point fingers in such a short window" less than a week".
Asking your neighbor or relative to mail something for you is a inconvenience to them.
I'm not saying he's a scammer, but if you have the time to get on here, take pictures of items, and list them for sale. You should make the time to make sure it is shipped when the buyer pays.

You're right, it is an inconvenience for a neighbor or relative to ship something for you, but it's an inconvenience for the buyer to pay for something and wait a week just for confirmation it was shipped
Old 01-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Agreed.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

listen if the guy agreed to a deal, he should uphold his end of the bargain. a deal is a deal. you delivered your part he should deliver his. other wise he is a crook. most peolpe get arrested for stealing. i'm sure he'd send it priority if the cops showed up at his house.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

A good neighbor wouldn't mind helping by taking care of something like mailing a pkg if he knew his neighbor's kid was so sick that he was tied up at the hospital. I know I wouldn't hesitate if I was asked to help in a situation like that.

Some people can tend to fall apart when their kid is seriously sick though and find previous commitments just too much to even think about in time like that. I can see this either way, its a good thing you've gotten confirmation a pkg has been shipped. Just wait and see what arrives. I'm hoping you'll be good.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fermanracer
listen if the guy agreed to a deal, he should uphold his end of the bargain. a deal is a deal. you delivered your part he should deliver his. other wise he is a crook. most peolpe get arrested for stealing. i'm sure he'd send it priority if the cops showed up at his house.
Nice input Robert but take in consideration if he shipped it regular mail , it may take 7 days or so. I say I would give him until monday,
Old 01-09-2010, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

Im going to lock this thread for now , if KEEFFIE has new information he can PM me and I will open up the thread.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

well guys and gals. here is my promised monday report.

i got a package this morning. and yes everything was in there and just how discribed. so now i feel like a a-s. he truly did have a stroke of bad luck and had a child in the hospital. i did the right thing and sent him a email with a appology and gave him my best regaurds for his child. i want to thank everybody who chimned in on this, and say yes i felt the same as most of you did, but this time i came out on top.

mods feel free to relock the post if you wish and thanks for unlocking so i could give the update.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Glad to hear. I also applaud you on your letter back to the seller. Very classy thing to do.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Nice input Robert but take in consideration if he shipped it regular mail , it may take 7 days or so. I say I would give him until monday,
Originally Posted by KEEFFIE
well guys and gals. here is my promised monday report.

i got a package this morning. and yes everything was in there and just how discribed. so now i feel like a a-s. he truly did have a stroke of bad luck and had a child in the hospital. i did the right thing and sent him a email with a appology and gave him my best regaurds for his child. i want to thank everybody who chimned in on this, and say yes i felt the same as most of you did, but this time i came out on top.

mods feel free to relock the post if you wish and thanks for unlocking so i could give the update.
I'm glad the you got your package and like I stated it give it time to arrive

I think there are a few here that jumped the gun and maybe some apologies are in order
Old 01-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

IF THE GUY WAS LOGGING ONTO HERE EVERY MORNING, HE DID NOT HAVE A CHILD IN HOSPITAL!!!

simple as that! so you weren't getting scammed, but he's just a lazy seller, who used a child as an excuse
Old 01-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AmmoJammo
IF THE GUY WAS LOGGING ONTO HERE EVERY MORNING, HE DID NOT HAVE A CHILD IN HOSPITAL!!!

simple as that! so you weren't getting scammed, but he's just a lazy seller, who used a child as an excuse
The way i look at it is the buyer is happy, the buyer issued an appology to the seller I think everyone here at one time on another has been slow shipping stuff, I know I have since the buyer is happy I will close this thread