Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Thumbs down WildYZF450 DISHONEST SELLER

Here's his original for sale ad:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...mm-medusa.html

Bought the "practically brand new" Mamba Max and this is what I received:

1) Frayed positive power wire
2) Cut switch with ends twisted together
3) Missing screw and the hole in the casing stripped
4) Extremely dirty inside with animal fur?!

Here's our PM transcript and what he had to say:

Originally Posted by LiqrSicc
Will you do $75 shipped for the Mamba max thats in the xray? Let me know. i have Paypal ready and can pay right away. thanks

Originally Posted by wild yfz 450
I would rather keep the X-ray a RTR, I mean there is another MM im selling just by itself.. Ill let that go for 70 bucks..Nothing is wrong with it, just a bit dusty.. paypal is [email protected]

Can you swap out the one in the xray and sell me that? I'm pretty picky when it comes to electronics. Let me know and I'll Paypal you $75. Thank you for your consideration.

-Von

Ill swap them and ship it out today for 80 bucks shipped.. Paypal is [email protected] .. 80 bucks is fair.. This ESC is practically brand new.

Sent!

Thank you!

-Von

Just shipped it out today, Be prepared to receive in 3 days !!

Thanks bro I appreciate it. Not sure how to leave feedback on here so you'll have to guide me once I receive the MM. Thanks!
Alright, Its all good. just hit me up when you receive it

Hey bro,

I'm not too happy at the MM. You didn't disclose that the positive power wire was frayed, its missing a bolt, and the on/off switch was cut and just twisted together. The other bolt hole is stripped so I cant even secure it down with another screw. This is definitely not "practically brand new" as you stated in the post. I'd like a refund if not a partial refund to compensate. Please advise.

-Von

I apologize, I didn't know it was frayed.. Where does the mamba max have a bolt? If your talking about the casing you can either use another screw or just E-mail Castle Creations for another case WHICH IS FREE... I did say in my post that the On/Off switch was removed.. You can always pick one up for a few dollars and just solder it back on.. Why should you receive a refund? The casing was NEVER a problem from me.. I never even noticed it was missing a screw and you can receive a FREE replacement from Castle creations shipped to your door FOR FREE.. The On/off switch was in the post and also you can see in the pictures there wasn't any switch.. Are you really going to be so anal about this?

Im not trying to be anal but when you have something advertised as "practically brand new" thats how I expect it to be. I have that thread saved and nowhere in the auction does it say that there is no on/off switch and it was cut. Nowhere does it say the wire is cut and frayed. Nor does it say it has a missing mounting bolt. Your pictures dont even show if the wire has been cut and all the pictures taken show the side of the wire that is not cut. The bolt is the 1st thing I noticed because as soon as I moved the wires the ESC board lifted on one side. For something that was supposed to be like brand new there was a whole lot of grime and pet hair inside the casing. If I knew that I would have just payed $40 more and gotten a new one. I'd like to return this for a refund or I'd settle for a partial refund of $20 for having to go through the trouble of getting a new case and soldering an on off switch. Its up to you. I'm sure you would do the same thing if you were in my shoes.

So your complaining about cleaning something and having to install a FREE case... I stated there was no on/off switch.. I don't understand why you would even want one, There useless. All you need to do is put in a larger screw there.. Whats a screw 50 cents? Thats all it needs. I know for a fact both screws where in there when I shipped it out. I knew you where going to be extremely ANAL about this from the start and should have never sold it to you. All the way from the start having me switch out the MM's and not wanting the one that was up for graps. I was nice enough to switch them out for you, Which I didn't want to do.. You already got a great deal on this MM for 80 bucks.. There going on ebay for 100 all the time.. Now your trying to get it for 60? Seriously man get real..

You know what man your a real tool... You got a deal on the MM and now your going to bitch and moan about such a little problem as a FREE CASE... Fine if 20 dollars means so much and you can't afford a FREE case Ill just send you the money.. People like you make me sick...

For $40 I could have bought a brand new MM with warranty. That was my mistake. An honest seller and an accurate description would have prevented this issue. As a result I get a negative trader feedback because I called him out on him inaccurate product description. BUYERS BEWARE!
Old 08-08-2009, 12:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (99%+)

,,,,,,,,,I would be upset to thats not like new @ all. But then again you should have looked @ the pics closer and always ask alot of questions.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Wow that thing looks old.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Thumbs down Post any and all liers, thieves and scumbags.

Dayemmm, that crap looks junked. I don't even think that speedo look like the one in the car. No matter how many questions you ask, a thief lying son of a motherless goat will always tell you that it's good and almost new. Just get your money back. I hate to be the devil's advocate but it hasn't escape to think if the speedo in that wreck would even work as it's suppose to. Let us all know.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (99%+)

so its missing a screw and the lead is cut? im sorry but that is not that bad of a mm for 75 bucks, the threads always strip out in the first place, put a bigger screw in, put some heashrink over the lead and bam! brand new again
Old 08-08-2009, 01:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

That does look bad....
I would be upset if that happen to me.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (67%+)

You guys must all realize when you deal with used rc equipment your taking a gamble. You want like new... buy new. Anytime I send someone some money for an item I always do so expecting I might not get anything at all back. Like the guys mentioned as for pictures, keep all communications saved. I like to get a persons phone number even if I dont call them at least I have a way to call and get something resolved.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by big greg
so its missing a screw and the lead is cut? im sorry but that is not that bad of a mm for 75 bucks, the threads always strip out in the first place, put a bigger screw in, put some heashrink over the lead and bam! brand new again
That may be a solution but its not what caused the problem. If the seller disclosed the damage this could have easily been avoided as I would have never purchased it. It's misleading when you say it's in practically brand new condition and when you receive it its not.

I settled for the $20 reimbursement which I think is fair. I was going to leave positive feedback for him and state there were issues but he resolved them... until he left me the negative. What a way to start my 1st trade here. I usually buy everything on eBay and have 415+ 100% feedback. Out of everything I've bought online this had been my 1st bad experience in about 6 years. Just be careful guys.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:27 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I'm surprised he left you negative feedback even though you were the buyer and paid. He's the one who shot himself in the foot on this one by saying it was "practically new." That ESC looks well used.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

im not against you at all but in the picture you can see that the positive wire is frayed. its just not in a picture that is pointing it out which it 100% should be. sorry for what happend to you. i hope i never have to deal with stuff like this.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Wow, hard to even see the actual condition of the ESC. I would be upset too.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (87%+)

Alright, I put heatshrink over the wire with the cut in it... It wasn't missing any strands of wire so I did not feel the need to put solder there just a nice piece of heatshrink and its set. Also the red Brushless wire was not stripped down that high. So yes the frayed wire was my mistake, Which I apologized for it. The On/Off switch I told him about. I know for a fact that when I sent that out there was both screws in it.. I remember because It took me forever to find my Allen key to use on them, Every single one I picking up didn't fit.... Then I found it and installed the two screws after cleaning the inside... I have a feeling you stripped the screw and are trying to just find more things because of the fryed wire, Which I apologized for and sent you $20.. Pet hair? I don't even have any pets. Are you serious?
As for the case that you probably stripped out, why don't do A) Get another screw thats slightly bigger and install that, or B) Call up CC and get a BRAND NEW FREE ONE sent to your door.
Then I get left negative feedback? I gave this guy the 20 bucks he wanted for a FREE CASE.. So he got a MM for 60 bucks with a "Frayed Wire" WITH HEATSHRINK over...
Watch out for this guy, all this because of a little fray wire Which I put heatshrink over it.. Then I give him the 20 bucks and he still leaves me with negative feedback! This guy is a real class act...
Old 08-08-2009, 05:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

I said Booom Its on!
Old 08-08-2009, 05:52 AM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

It never ceases to amaze me on here, what people consider new, or like new. I don't know how many times I see threads where someone's title says BRAND NEW *insert item here* for sale, only to open the thread and see something like this...

This item is BRAND NEW, I just ran it around the yard a few times for about 15 minutes. EXCUSE ME??? How is that brand new??!!!

Or you see something that is listed 'like new', only to be shipped something that looks more like a polished turd!

I don't know what was said in private here between these two, but if that speedo is considered 'like new', then I'm the future President of the United States. Regardless of the obvious damage and missing parts, it looks like a turd too.

I do commend you YZF for refunding him the cash! 20 bucks is a small price to pay to save your reputation on this deal. Great decision!!!

However, leaving him a neg was a VERY poor decision on your part!!!!

Actually, the deal was taken care of both ends, so both of you made poor decisions in the feedback department.

My 2 cents...

Brad
Old 08-08-2009, 05:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (87%+)

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING

I do commend you YZF for refunding him the cash! 20 bucks is a small price to pay to save your reputation on this deal. Great decision!!!

Actually, the deal was taken care of both ends, so both of you made poor decisions in the feedback department.

My 2 cents...

Brad
I should have never gave him the 20 bucks, I did that because I didn't want to receive negative feedback, Now look where im at. All I can say is stay away from.. The only problem was the frayed wire which I will take 100% responsibility for... Yes I put heatshrink over it but it w/e. I don't understand the "Animal Fur" I don't even have any pets... You can see the pictures of that MM is WAS NOT that dirty.. This guy was just mad about the frayed wire and is doing things to make me seem like a bad person... STAY AWAY FROM!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.