R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   ROBBDNY=Lowlife Liar (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/270034-robbdny%3Dlowlife-liar.html)

everyjuangohome 01-24-2009 08:31 AM

ROBBDNY=Lowlife Liar

Avoid this member. Dishonest seller. Claims items are in mint condition when in reality they are beyond clapped out. Had to replace every part on truggy.....again avoid this douchebag!!!

2wdMod 01-24-2009 10:01 AM

yeah sounds like you paid for a decent roller and got a thrashed pos instead.I would be pissed tooo!

SammyZ 01-24-2009 12:28 PM

that sucks, nobody knows how to take care of their stuff these days. I find off road stuff tends to be all trash, never buy used off-road.

everyjuangohome 01-24-2009 02:31 PM

Avoid this member. Dishonest seller. Claims items are in mint condition when in reality they are beyond clapped out. Had to replace every part on truggy.....again avoid this douchebag!!!

looper 01-25-2009 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by everyjuangohome (Post 5336472)
The thing was so clapped out. Funny thing is I have his work number, home number and cell number. He thinks he can just ignore me and I will go away :lol::lol: He will think Im psycho very very soon.

work number on bathroom walls.........

everyjuangohome 01-26-2009 11:23 AM

MDB 01-26-2009 12:04 PM

Did you let the Deputy know why you were calling this scumbag?

everyjuangohome 01-26-2009 12:12 PM

d4man 01-26-2009 12:32 PM

Post his phone number here....

everyjuangohome 01-26-2009 03:57 PM

everyjuangohome 01-26-2009 04:05 PM

looper 01-26-2009 04:28 PM

so this guy scams you then tries to file bogus charges and a police officer in his town is trying to contact you, so instead of calling the police and filing a report of your own you are going to instead complain some more about this situation you choose to do nothing about.

at this point you are just doing it to yourself now.. the out is there but you refuse to do anything about it.

Note: im not siding with the scammer

everyjuangohome 01-26-2009 04:49 PM

robbdny 01-26-2009 08:41 PM

rebuttle

Everyone here I wasn’t aware Ryan even started this post but since there are 2 sides to every story I want to explain my side. After agreeing to sell a Losi 8ight Truggy for a friend on RC Tech I was contacted by Ryan and his friend Don about buying the Truggy. As with any situation Ryan is telling the story solely from his point of view with half truths. The problem is Ryan was pissed off that 1 week after he bought the Truggy it went on sale for $319 at A Main Hobby. This has happened to me it has happened to all of us. But just because it went on sale the day he received it, that dosent make it my responsibility to give him his money back. In my defense I want to fill in some of the missing facts from Ryans thread. And simply put he didn’t know that once a Paypal Dispute is filed both parties are contacted.

Fact I never said the truggy was an easy 9 or 10 in condition. When he asked me the condition I told him “I thought it was about an 8”.

After he received it and called me to express his dissatisfaction I asked him if he could make a list of the things that he felt needed to be replaced and email them to me. This was at 11:00 at night I asked him if he could please call during the day, I explained that it was a work night and my family was sleeping and my wife was pregnant

Everything he emailed to me I agreed to reimburse him the cost for the new parts. He was grossly exaggerating the cost of the parts he deemed unusable. He was trying to tell me that a turnbuckle set was $30.00 when I found them for $6.89 below is what he wrote me

“This is the rear driver turnbuckle. I put a block that was straight above it so you could see how bent it is. You can't even purchase just one turnbucle you need to buy a rear set 30 bucks alone for that”

Now what he did before anything could be worked out was file a claim against me with Paypal for the full amount. Filing a Paypal grievance for the full amount $225.00 not $70 or. Now after he did I assumed he was just looking to fully take advantage of the situation. I emailed him back telling him this was the most I was willing to do. Even after filing the dispute. He even told me that the Truggy went on sale that day and just wanted to spend $100.00 more to buy a new one. When I offered to pay for the parts he turned sown the offer and said he just wanted to send it back to me. Now I am a club racer just like everyone else I don’t run a hobby shop or distribution center.

Now last night after losing the Paypal Dispute he called my house at 4 times after midnight. 3 of the calls yelling and screaming vulgarities at my pregnant wife. The Sheriffs Department said to record/ save any messages that he made to us.

Below are the times that him and his friends made the harassing calls.
12:06am cell
12:07am home
12:08am home
12:27 am home

Now when my wife answered the phone him and his friends were yelling and screaming vulgarities. My wife was even polite enough to ask him to please not call so late at night. Now making 4 harassing calls of nothing but yelling and screaming to my pregnant wife we contacted the police and explained the situation. He had no intensions of talking about anything rather doing what ever he could do to upset my family so late in the day.

Ryan if you are still chaffed have the maturity to be honest.. Lying to everyone on the forums trying to gain favoritism will get you nowhere at least be honest and tell both sides. If you continue this coarse of action I will take the time to follow through with the pending harassment charges against you.

If he wanted to work things out he should have acted like an adult. Next time don’t make filing a Paypal Dispute your 1st step. And only after losing the dispute then begin pranking/harassing my families house. This is the type of conversation that can go around and around. Whos to say whos wrong an who is right here or wrong here. All of the problems could have been dealt with. I myself feel the whole transaction was handled in an immature manner.

Originally Posted by everyjuangohome (Post 5335673)
Well it was bound to happen sooner or later. Here is the story. Member ROBBDNY had 2 vehicles for sale. My friend had been looking for one of the items this loser had for sale. Since im on the computer most of the day I acted as the buffer between these two. My friend was not sure about the car based on the pics. I told him give the guy a call and talk to him about the car. Robbd did have a feedback of 13 so I was sure he was a good guy to deal with. Long story short Robb tells my buddy the car is a 8 or 9 hands down and that he would be over exagerating if he said 3 gallons had been through it. My buddy worked out a deal to pay 225 for the vehicle and I would arrange for UPS to pick it up to cover the shipping.

So after a week goes by and after I pay for a UPS pickup (douche didn't even have to drive to the post office) I get the package. LOL. Remember no more than 3 gallons and a 9 or 10 (I guess on a scale maxed at 50)

Items Worn out:

Egged out Diff outdrives front and rear
Rear inner and outer hinge pin brace worn so bad rear arms have major slop
Front bumper worn down so bad the front hinge pin brace is now the bumper
bent rear tie rod
bent front sway bar
3 sets of rims and tires wrong offset fit kyosho other car he was selling
all sets of tires bald
all bodies shoe glued and broken
chassis dremmiled where flywheel is
Clay all over the car and filthy
torn shock boots

This car looks like it had been raced hard for 2 seasons. Robb claimed it was his buddies and it had never been raced. Funny how all the bodies have racing numbers on them?

I called robb that night and told him we were unhapy with the car. He said send him pics in the morning and he would take care of it. I send pics the next morning. Took 4 e-mails and 2 voicemails to hear back from douche. He he stated I was trying to take advantage of him and all he would do is pay me 30 bucks back. Now keep in mind this is his buddies car so why would he pay out of his pocket the 30 bucks. Also how am I taking advantage of this guy I paid for shipping and I am paying to ship it back. Im out 50 bucks he is out nothing. At this point I cannot believe he will not take the car back. I email him and give him a parts break down of what I need. It totaled 70 dollars i even said I will pay the tax and shipping of the parts. That sounds fair to me. So at this point Robb has done nothing. Will not respond back to emails or answer his phone. He is simply leaving me with a beat car.

The sad part is all I wanted was the 70 bucks to cover the damages parts. I would have gone my seperate way and left it at that. Now I am pissed and I am not the type of guy who just let's this stuff go. Robb I would suggest you refund me the 70 or I will be a thorn in your side till I get it.

everyjuangohome 01-26-2009 11:53 PM