R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   ROBBDNY=Lowlife Liar (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/270034-robbdny%3Dlowlife-liar.html)

RobbieT 01-27-2009 07:14 AM

I have no dog in this fight, but I thought I'd throw in my two-cents worth into the discussion as there seems to be more and more cases on so many discussion boards in which people apparently expect something other than a used car and then use the boards to show their outrage and throw names around and in this case open themselves up to a slander/libel suit.

Seems more than anything to be a case of "buyer's remorse" and almost anyone that has ever bought a used car, RC or full-size, has experienced that at one time or another. Honestly, anyone as experienced as you want to make yourself sound would know better than to buy anything used just save a few dollars, let alone a nitro car that are notorious for getting thrashed in just a few runs.

1: Why would he accept the car back? It's no longer his.
2: The car "could" have been sold to other people during the two weeks you had it.
3: He was pretty nice offering you anything. Perhaps you would have been better off taking the deal he offered, as it was "splitting the difference" on the nitpicking of so-called overused parts on a USED CAR!
4: With you pretty much harrassing him he really has no obligation to return your calls or emails as all it does is substantiate your case, which really doesn't have a leg to stand on. Your lost your Paypal claim, since your case was so poor, it's time to move on.
5: Whether it's a 9-or-10 or an 8 or a 5 really doesn't matter, as condition is always in the eyes of the beholder. What you might consider egged-out outdrives the next guy would find totally acceptable, and what you'd consider a 9 the next guy would call garbage. Everyone's perspective is different.
6: Now that you're quibbling over the time of phone calls it's getting a little petty. If you called any time after 10pm at most people's homes you likely wouldn't get your call answered either. Calling at midnight, even once, just makes you look like a jerk and a lowlife.

Sorry that it didn't work out as you had hoped, but frankly the guy owes you nothing since anything USED comes in "as is" condition. Better get to wrenching and stop the complaining.

robbdny 01-27-2009 07:13 PM

UGM

Ryan,
This is the last time I am going to offer this to you. Can you please check your mail in 15 mins

And if you keep calling me a liar and calling and waking my Pregnant Wife and 2 year old up I am not wasting any more time on this. All I am asking is you act like a mature adult and give me about 10 mins.

The ball is in your court.

Originally Posted by everyjuangohome (Post 5347655)
Robb. Im actually glad you finally came out of hiding to try and defend yourself, which I must admit so far you have done a horrible job. You still have failed to address any of the real issues. Let me break it down real simple for you. Ready.

1: Why would you not accept the car back after I already paid for shipping it to me and I offered to also cover the shipping to send it back?

2: Where is your loss? How is that taking advantage of you? I would be out 50 dollars plus 2 weeks wait time. explain that to the members here please. What does a new car have to do with the above statements? Let's not get off topic please answer the questions for us.

3: Since you refused to take the car back you offered to pay me 30 dollars. I asked for 70 to cover the parts and I would cover the tax and shipping again I shouldn't have to pay for the tax and shipping but I was trying to work with you.

4: You never responded after that. I sent you numerous e-mails asking you to respond. I also said at least tell me to eff off or something. Why not respond and say man 70 is alot how about 50? You just ignored me after multiple e-mails.

5:At this point what was I left to do. I tried contacting you via phone calls.

** Quick note. Robb claims now the car is a 8. How many members here would sell a car that is worn as seen in the pics above as a 8?**

6: Like I said technology is great. You are a fool to claim I called and cussed your companion out. You would look like the liar you are if phone records were pulled and the call time was .01 because you are a cowerd and would not answer thr phone the first time I called you.
If you feel the need to fabricate lies to make yourself feel justified then so be it, but please do me and the mebers here a favour and actually answer the above questions without sidestepping them.

hedgpath 01-27-2009 09:25 PM

sounds like some one is nit picking

Looking at ur pics and what ur saying this guy is no scamer i will adress all the things that you state are wrong by looking at the pics the turn buckel is bent on more than twenty thousands no one could see that with out using a strate edge. and the outdrives arent unreasonably worn i have had buggies worn worse than that in only two galons of fuel. and i dont see a bent sway bar. and i see that the chassis has been drimeled to use a starter box with a larger dia. wheel. and that has no effect on durabilty or performance. and as for the slop in arms and worn bumper.u will not find another "used" truck with out any slop or wear. that is the down side of bying used sounds like u and the one that u purchased it for should have been asking and wanting better pics. before u bought it. maybe next time you should just by new that way you can complain to the companys about how there cars get slop and wear by being USED and raced. and as for calling and trying to argue the man at his house after 12 midnight is very disrespectful. and that is no way get someone to talk or comprmise with you.

also after reading robbdny's other feedback and also reading his ebay feedback i would say this man is no scammer and that he tryes to describe and answer any questions to the best of his knowlage.

Oasis 01-27-2009 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by RobbieT (Post 5348516)
I have no dog in this fight, but I thought I'd throw in my two-cents worth into the discussion as there seems to be more and more cases on so many discussion boards in which people apparently expect something other than a used car and then use the boards to show their outrage and throw names around and in this case open themselves up to a slander/libel suit.

Seems more than anything to be a case of "buyer's remorse" and almost anyone that has ever bought a used car, RC or full-size, has experienced that at one time or another. Honestly, anyone as experienced as you want to make yourself sound would know better than to buy anything used just save a few dollars, let alone a nitro car that are notorious for getting thrashed in just a few runs.

1: Why would he accept the car back? It's no longer his.
2: The car "could" have been sold to other people during the two weeks you had it.
3: He was pretty nice offering you anything. Perhaps you would have been better off taking the deal he offered, as it was "splitting the difference" on the nitpicking of so-called overused parts on a USED CAR!
4: With you pretty much harrassing him he really has no obligation to return your calls or emails as all it does is substantiate your case, which really doesn't have a leg to stand on. Your lost your Paypal claim, since your case was so poor, it's time to move on.
5: Whether it's a 9-or-10 or an 8 or a 5 really doesn't matter, as condition is always in the eyes of the beholder. What you might consider egged-out outdrives the next guy would find totally acceptable, and what you'd consider a 9 the next guy would call garbage. Everyone's perspective is different.
6: Now that you're quibbling over the time of phone calls it's getting a little petty. If you called any time after 10pm at most people's homes you likely wouldn't get your call answered either. Calling at midnight, even once, just makes you look like a jerk and a lowlife.

Sorry that it didn't work out as you had hoped, but frankly the guy owes you nothing since anything USED comes in "as is" condition. Better get to wrenching and stop the complaining.

From everything I have read and the photos that I have seen..The Truggy is not an 8..more like a 6 or a 5..to say that "everyones perspective is different" is in my opinion BS..a beat Truggy is a Beat Truggy..

everyjuangohome 01-27-2009 10:28 PM

Avoid this member. Dishonest seller. Claims items are in mint condition when in reality they are beyond clapped out. Had to replace every part on truggy.....again avoid this douchebag!!!

CaseyDDR 01-27-2009 10:30 PM

I disagree, that car looks BEAT UP.

everyjuangohome 01-27-2009 10:35 PM

Avoid this member. Dishonest seller. Claims items are in mint condition when in reality they are beyond clapped out. Had to replace every part on truggy.....again avoid this douchebag!!!

everyjuangohome 01-28-2009 07:40 AM

RobbieT 01-28-2009 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by hedgpath (Post 5352180)
Looking at ur pics and what ur saying this guy is no scamer i will adress all the things that you state are wrong by looking at the pics the turn buckel is bent on more than twenty thousands no one could see that with out using a strate edge. and the outdrives arent unreasonably worn i have had buggies worn worse than that in only two galons of fuel. and i dont see a bent sway bar. and i see that the chassis has been drimeled to use a starter box with a larger dia. wheel. and that has no effect on durabilty or performance. and as for the slop in arms and worn bumper.u will not find another "used" truck with out any slop or wear. that is the down side of bying used sounds like u and the one that u purchased it for should have been asking and wanting better pics. before u bought it. maybe next time you should just by new that way you can complain to the companys about how there cars get slop and wear by being USED and raced. and as for calling and trying to argue the man at his house after 12 midnight is very disrespectful. and that is no way get someone to talk or comprmise with you.

also after reading robbdny's other feedback and also reading his ebay feedback i would say this man is no scammer and that he tryes to describe and answer any questions to the best of his knowlage.

yep, used is still USED no matter how you package it or try to put a spin on it.
replacing worn parts, which is what you get with a used car, to your taste of near perfection is the onus of the buyer and not the seller.

Originally Posted by Oasis (Post 5352428)
From everything I have read and the photos that I have seen..The Truggy is not an 8..more like a 6 or a 5..to say that "everyones perspective is different" is in my opinion BS..a beat Truggy is a Beat Truggy..

posting pics after the fact and complaining is a little much. him being "experienced" and all if he was that worried maybe he should have requested the pics before the deal went down.

again, one guy's 5 or 6 is another guy's 8 or 9.
i've seen plenty of beat buggies, and while this one is far from "like new" it is also far from beat. beat to me means its one step away from the dumpster and this one is far from that.

it still comes down to the buyer making sure the "deal" is to their liking before money changes hands, and not after receiving the car and nitpicking it apart.

i am sure we've all purchased brand new rigs and found things we weren't too pleased with and had to fix, I even got a truck once with the wrong A-arm on a corner but I didn't hassle horizon and demand the part post-haste and blast them online. I took my happyass down to the hobby shop and bought the part like a man.

but, having re-read the entire thread, bottom line is a week or so after getting the car the buyer found out that losi/wholesaler had put last year's car on sale and suddenly the concept of buying used didn't taste as good as he initially thought. in that case the guy that made the deal should have been smart enough to know those kind of deals are offered every spring and should have advised his buddy to wait.
buyer's remorse seems a pretty poor excuse for trashing someone's reputation

everyjuangohome 01-28-2009 08:19 AM

everyjuangohome 01-28-2009 08:47 AM

rcheadcrazy 01-28-2009 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by RobbieT (Post 5353786)
but, having re-read the entire thread, bottom line is a week or so after getting the car the buyer found out that losi/wholesaler had put last year's car on sale and suddenly the concept of buying used didn't taste as good as he initially thought. in that case the guy that made the deal should have been smart enough to know those kind of deals are offered every spring and should have advised his buddy to wait.
buyer's remorse seems a pretty poor excuse for trashing someone's reputation

well robbieT what is this all about looks like u have been banned from here more then once.

Sure he has Juan,as a matter of fact I think he holds the record for the highest number of banned accounts!

Isn't that right Rocketrob40/rocketmotorsports/wfo7640?

RobbieT 01-28-2009 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by everyjuangohome (Post 5353851)
Members this is real simple. Look at this memers profile. He just joined the forum the other day. He has about 40 post's. Funny thing about it is they are all in the trader forum. How many new members sign up then spen all there time in the trader feedback forum bashing the members who started a thread. This is a member who was banned from the forum and is upset with the trader feedback system and now he is being a troll in this forum.

let me do one better for you troll. Pics were not enough for my buddy so ROBB called and spoke to him and me on the phone. So not only did he send a clapped out car but outright lied to us on the phone.

Also again waste of my time, but to be fair let's play a little game. Look at the date I started this thread. Now the comment about buying a new car????? Look at this thread. Look at the date. Holy shit like I said I knew about the price of a new car long before this deal went down. BURN

Now that trumps that theory. Any more excuses.

Members this is real simple. Look at this memers profile.
350 posts and 13 trades in three months - THAT is a LOT of trading regardless of all the excuses :tire:
i never claimed to be the expert, but don't see it as making him one either

final word ~ used is USED, you get what you pay for. if you want a new car or a like new car go to the hobby shop

everyjuangohome 01-28-2009 11:30 AM

RobbieT 01-28-2009 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by everyjuangohome (Post 5354584)
Scoot along little feller.

i know a pm is a private message
but just to qualify who the "little feller" really is :nod:

Originally Posted by robbdny
[I]
Robbie,
I greatly appreciate your input on the thread started by Ryan about the Losi 8ight Truggy I sold him. I dont know what the hell is wrong with kids these days. I have given my cell number out to many people on these forums with no problems. This kid continues to make harassing calls to my house waking up my pregnant wife and 2 year old.

For what it's worth THANK YOU for your input, I am at my wits end with this kid.

Sincerely,
Robb

:lol: :sweat: