Wiki Posts
Search

Question ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 10:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Question ?

How long should a buyer give a seller to get his product to him. I had a deal with a person on this board and so far it's not looking to good,so I thought I would ask the how long should I wait question before I posted any bad feedback.
Old 10-17-2003, 04:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

xxx
A few questions:
Did you ask the seller when the item was shipped?
By who? Post Office, FedX, UPS.
Did you request a tracking number?
Do you and the seller live in the USA?
Old 10-17-2003, 06:40 AM
Tech Lord

The seller and I both live in the USA,I was told it was shipped by USPS,I had asked for a tracking #, but the Item was not for very much money so I can understand if it was not shipped priority.I do understand the risks of buying and selling,I have never had any problems before.I just dont want to jump the gun and give someone bad feedback because the mail is slow or the person I'm dealing with shipped 2 or 3 days late..it happens.
Old 10-17-2003, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

You do not have to use USPS Priority Shipping service to get a "tracking number"
For $.55 you can request "Delivery Confirmation". You get a recepit, with a tracking number, and you can go to usps.com and track the package. When delivered, the Mailman, or woman enters the delivery date & time into a computer.
Have you called, or emailed the seller, today, on the status of your package?
I hope everything works out for you.
Old 10-18-2003, 09:11 PM
Tech Lord

I was just going by what I have been told from the USPS,if you want a tracking # it has to be sent by Priority,first class,or package services parcel.If you send anything through the USPS and want a tracking # thats the only way,if you have ever sent anything that had a tracking # you would be able to look on the back of your Receipt(Delivery Confirmation) and read this.But I thought that by asking how long should a person wait would get a better response than it has.
Old 10-19-2003, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

xxx, I think if you asked most people , 2 weeks would be about the longest i'd wait before I'd start getting concerned. At that point, get in touch with the seller and try to get some answers.
Bottom line.....Under normal circumstances there's no reason your items should take longer than that. If they do and the seller doesn't respond to e-mails, PM's or possibly phone calls......It's time to put up a red flag !!!! Good sellers will get your stuff in the mail within a couple of days after you purchase. Good Luck and don't be afraid to ask for help regarding a bad seller. Some of us have definitely been there!!!!
Old 10-19-2003, 01:56 PM
Tech Addict

You said a mouthful evoracer. As evo said, the good dealers will get your stuff in the mail a couple days after getting paid.

Hope you get your situation straightened out. Im hoping to get mine taken care of.
Old 10-19-2003, 02:05 PM
Tech Lord

Yea it's not looking good,I have sent 3 or 4 e-mails and nothing in return,I will give the seller to the 21st to at least e-mail me back,then I will start to post,I just dont want this guy to rip anyone else off.
Old 10-19-2003, 02:46 PM
Tech Addict

I hope its not jmalt, or mike payne, if it is send me an email.