Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paypal help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 04:04 AM
Tech Adept

Default Paypal help please

I recently sold a speed control to a member on the forum and I said I would include shipping (basically I offered it for free). We agreed that I would ship it in a regular bubble envelope through regular mail (no tracking). He has yet to recieve the package and does not understand that it isnt my responsibility if the package is lost/damaged. So he has escalated the dispute to a claim and I have sent paypal the emails which we discussed about the shipping method. Any advice on what I should do now?

any help is greatly appreciated,

thanks,

Carthik
Old 01-19-2007, 07:49 AM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Well, to be honest, you're probably screwed. If you don't have any proof that it arrived with him, like a signature from the insurance that was put on it, or with signature confirmation, then paypal will more than likely take his side and refund his money. They almost ALWAYS do.
At this point, the sellers have very little rights with paypal, ESPECIALLY if it something sold outside of ebay. Paypal likes to penalize everyone that doesn't do biz within the confines of ebay, it seems!
All this has been talked about numerous times here on the feedback forum (maybe you seen it), but I'll reiterate it again in case you hadn't seen it.......

When you ship something, ALWAYS put something on the package that requires them to sign for the package. Whether it's signature confirmation, or over 50 dollars worth of insurance (50 or under they don't have to sign), so you have signed proof that it was received, and if it gets lost or whatever, you have resources to find out where it is, or what happened to it.
Also, you always want to ship to paypal CONFIRMED addresses as well, as paypal also doesn't protect the seller at all if you ship to someone that isn't confirmed. Not verified, but confirmed....
Hope this helps....unfortunately this info is to late for your situation here..... The post office is very unreliable anymore (at least with stuff I have shipped, or had shipped to me), and the rip-off artists are becoming waaay to numerous too, so between the two, you have to protect yourself as much as possible when doing online trading. I hope this works out for you somehow....

Good luck!
Brad
Old 01-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

delivery confirmation is 50 cents, I never understand why someone wont buy it when they ship something. Ive never ever had the post office lose something Ive shipped or received and I do alot of transactions.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by mach51
delivery confirmation is 50 cents, I never understand why someone wont buy it when they ship something. Ive never ever had the post office lose something Ive shipped or received and I do alot of transactions.
Yip, I agree with delivery con. thing....

Darrrell, either I'm really unlucky, or you are really lucky, cuz they have messed up so much stuff that I have sent in the past...lol. Then again, the P.O. here in Ottumwa is a joke...you ALWAYS have to wait in line 30 min to an hour EVERY time you go in, no matter what time of day. They seem to be severely under-staffed, and always have a line clear out the stinkin door...
So, I don't know if my "bad luck" has anything to do with that or not, but it might.
Just for the record though...the guys that work at the P.O. here are great, their just isn't enough of them to go around!
Anyway, sorry for the rant...SeaKay...keep us informed of what happens..
Old 01-19-2007, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

our postoffices here are understaffed, the one in West Lafayette is closest but our stuff comes from the one on the other side of town. WL office always has a bunch of people there because of Purdue. I found a contract office for the post office now that is 10mins away and hardly ever busy - what a relief that has been!

when will my Smart Tray get here?
Old 01-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

sorry to tell ya bro...im goin thru the same thing...

doesnt matter what your emails say....

if you dont have tracking...delivery confim...or something of that sort...to prove that it was shipped or recived by the buyer...

YOU LOSE.......
Old 01-19-2007, 03:18 PM

when will my Smart Tray get here?
Oh, I didn't tell ya already??? I shipped it three months ago!!! Is it not there yet????

Sorry to hear about your deal too, bigmo!!!!

Brad
Old 01-19-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Adept

Im in Canada, unfortunately you cant just add tracking onto any package, and its not 50 cents. Here with canadapost, you have to upgrade your shipping method to a better one that includes tracking, which in this case would be about an extra 20 bucks I would assume. It already cost me close to 10 to ship a normal little bubble envelope to the US
Old 01-19-2007, 05:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING
Well, to be honest, you're probably screwed. If you don't have any proof that it arrived with him, like a signature from the insurance that was put on it, or with signature confirmation, then paypal will more than likely take his side and refund his money. They almost ALWAYS do.
At this point, the sellers have very little rights with paypal, ESPECIALLY if it something sold outside of ebay. Paypal likes to penalize everyone that doesn't do biz within the confines of ebay, it seems!
All this has been talked about numerous times here on the feedback forum (maybe you seen it), but I'll reiterate it again in case you hadn't seen it.......

When you ship something, ALWAYS put something on the package that requires them to sign for the package. Whether it's signature confirmation, or over 50 dollars worth of insurance (50 or under they don't have to sign), so you have signed proof that it was received, and if it gets lost or whatever, you have resources to find out where it is, or what happened to it.
Also, you always want to ship to paypal CONFIRMED addresses as well, as paypal also doesn't protect the seller at all if you ship to someone that isn't confirmed. Not verified, but confirmed....
Hope this helps....unfortunately this info is to late for your situation here..... The post office is very unreliable anymore (at least with stuff I have shipped, or had shipped to me), and the rip-off artists are becoming waaay to numerous too, so between the two, you have to protect yourself as much as possible when doing online trading. I hope this works out for you somehow....

Good luck!
Brad
Very well said Brad..
Old 01-19-2007, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Oasis
Very well said Brad..
Thanks "kat"...

Did you move yet???
Old 01-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Not yet still waiting for the "job" to open up.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just to make it clear, I was the one who purchased the speed control from Carthik, and it was "sent out" December 30th and I have not received the speed control. So he's not the victim. As it stands I am the one without a speed control and I'm also $57.02 in the whole as it stand now. Thank God for PayPal's policies, as this is the second time I have bought a speed control and the second time they haven't arrived.

Now Carthik doesn't seem to believe it, but if I was a seller and the item that I sold never arrived to the buyer and I had proof that it didn't arrive (I always purchase tracking and delivery confirmation on EVERY package I send), then, without a thought, I would refund the money.

Guess everyone doesn't have good business ethics.

So here's your advice Carthik: be a good business man and issue the refund. I don't care if you come to my house I never received the speed control. In the future, I recommend using tracking or delivery confirmation so I know you sent the package and so you know that the buyer did or did not receive what you sent.

Have a good one
Old 01-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by masterchief06
Just to make it clear, I was the one who purchased the speed control from Carthik,

imagine that this looks familiar

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=136479

seems you have the worst luck buying speed controls

you should save yourself and other people the trouble and buy new stuff from hobby shops
Old 01-20-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by masterchief06
Just to make it clear, I was the one who purchased the speed control from Carthik, and it was "sent out" December 30th and I have not received the speed control. So he's not the victim. As it stands I am the one without a speed control and I'm also $57.02 in the whole as it stand now. Thank God for PayPal's policies, as this is the second time I have bought a speed control and the second time they haven't arrived.

Now Carthik doesn't seem to believe it, but if I was a seller and the item that I sold never arrived to the buyer and I had proof that it didn't arrive (I always purchase tracking and delivery confirmation on EVERY package I send), then, without a thought, I would refund the money.

Guess everyone doesn't have good business ethics.

So here's your advice Carthik: be a good business man and issue the refund. I don't care if you come to my house I never received the speed control. In the future, I recommend using tracking or delivery confirmation so I know you sent the package and so you know that the buyer did or did not receive what you sent.

Have a good one
Masterchief, just to let you know. I shipped out a tamiysa trf damper stand and a reciever on the SAME day I shipped out your esc. the guy got the stand 2 days ago, and the other guy got the reciever today! so next time, please wait before filing a complaint, I told you crossing borders can take some time.

Also, I am not running a business, I am selling a speed control, and if you DID NOT pay for better shipping, thats your loss. Does that make perfect sense or am I just wrong? Somone please tell me.

if I were running a business, what you want makes perfect sense, the customer is always right, I would want to keep you as a customer and satisfy your needs and wants, but I AM NOT running a business and cannot afford a setback of 60 us dollars. I am a unemployed highschool student.

I dont have millions of trade on here, but here is a link, only one post so far, but more should be replied within the week, and that is with all stuff I have SOLD not bought,

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=144831

also, my ebay id is the theonlybuyer22

I am not a deadbeat, my feedback shows that.

I hope we could work something out,

Let me know,

Carthik
Old 01-21-2007, 01:49 AM

I disagree masterchief.....IF he did send it, then he IS the victom. If he is forced to refund, then he is out the money and speed control too... I think that would qualify him as the victim.

If you agreed to the shipping terms, and he DID send it, then it's just as much your fault as it is his, and you shouldn't expect a full refund.....Just my opinion...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.