Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why do people do this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Tech Regular

I got one to top that, an EBAY deal gone bad--it was few years ago now, bought an R/C car off there and I used the PayPal checkout, only to get an email saying he will not ship til I send another almost $30(he accounted to fee's and higher shipping due to distance:which was within the lower 48)-and he refused to refund so I informed EBAY, PayPal and to no end but sending him more money or I would have been out several hundred $$'s, left him poor feedback and he retaliated and did the same...they didn't (EBAY,PayPal) do nothing but tell him he was a bad person for doing so and I don't recall right but I think they took his feedback he left off my account...which angered me quite a bit and made it my point when the next week saw another auction and warned all bidders(maybe this was wrong?) with him emailing me with choice words and then getting me in more trouble with EBAY than he did for screwing me, I wasn't banned or nothing but they took an action which scared me off from doing this again when all I was trying to do is help the next fellow R/C'er out. I found it hard to believe he could get away with this but he did. Oh and to throw a little salt in the wound it didn't run--lol was suppose to be freshly rebuilt needing break in-lol. I did get it running after totally going through it top to bottom and peeling all the melted silicone out of the motor and it was in everthing from top to bottom..

OK END RANT--LOL
Old 05-05-2006, 11:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Maybe just don't buy things online
Old 05-06-2006, 04:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drew85
Maybe just don't buy things online
I have done over 700 deals on ebay with only 1 gone bad and that was partly my fault (money issues), 28 deals on RCU with 1 deal that went bad but it is now straightened out (trade deal that other party 'forgot' the trade part) and about 20 deals on here where one, possibly 2 deals have gone bad. (I was burned for a M8 and now maybe $50)

Out of the ones that did come through, I've managed some great (some not so great) deals and have sold some also.

So out of 750 deals on line, 2 maybe 3, have gone bad without being resolved. Not a perfect record but those odds are better than Vegas slots or betting on horses.

Last edited by crashnburn; 05-06-2006 at 05:02 AM.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:21 AM
Tech Initiate

i always check f/b first and how much of it they have. The thing is there are loop holes in the Paypal system. I got burned once for a preorder of Reno 911 but the company had a ton of f/b and 100% positive. By the time the movie was supposed to come out, they were out of business. I am new here but I already bought something from a guy name tmaxx..... I asked for him to call me or AIM me which he did, helped me understand what I was buying and I knew when he would ship it before I even paid. Then I paid...He had a ton of f/b anyway but I feel its best to talk and develop rapport with your clients.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Finally got my item today. After 15 days from when I made the payment, I get the starter box. The lead sealed acid battery was shot and would'nt take a charge, also it had a broken motor lead and the inside of the box was full of cat/dog hair. Paid close to $50 for this well used item from Probowler.
Since I needed a box quicker than what I was getting this one, I ended up buying a NIB Associated starter box off ebay for $50 shipped. Got it in 3 days.
Guess this is my fault for not asking Probowler enough questions about the condition of it, but how many do you have to ask?