Wiki Posts
Search

4x4nitrokid is a scammer

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default 4x4nitrokid is a scammer

I agreed to a price for a Jammin buggy with 4x4nitrokid and made immediate payment via paypal on Monday night with the agreement that he would ship the next day and provide tracking information. I did not receive tracking information as promised. I have tried to contact him via pm, e-mail and phone (I left call back numbers with someone in his household as well as on an answering machine) but he simply will not reply. I have turned in a claim to paypal, but am not sure how that works. His name is Dale Scott and he is located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Everyone else please beware.

Scott Lucas
Old 04-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Tech Addict

Just an update, still haven't heard from this guy.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Final Update: 4X4nitrokid tried to scam me, fortunately I got to my bank in time and they pulled the money back either from either him or paypal. Don't know, and don't care where they took it from. He simply took the money and then wouldn't return phone calls, emails or pm's. That's it for me dealing on this forum any longer.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Sorry to hear about your bad experience but glad things turned out for you in the end. Please don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch, there are a lot of great sellers on here that just want to pass along deals to their fellow hobby enthusiasts. I recommend always researching the Trader Feedback forums before handing your money over to anyone and proceed cautiously with people new to the forums. Hopefully you will find another deal just as good on here from a reliable source. Good luck!
Old 04-21-2006, 01:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jamescam
Sorry to hear about your bad experience but glad things turned out for you in the end. Please don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch, there are a lot of great sellers on here that just want to pass along deals to their fellow hobby enthusiasts. I recommend always researching the Trader Feedback forums before handing your money over to anyone and proceed cautiously with people new to the forums. Hopefully you will find another deal just as good on here from a reliable source. Good luck!
I agree. I have had a few bad experiences by getting scammed but I still know there is always 1 bad apple in the bunch. I just do better research.

Kris