Search
Like Tree35Likes

TomTenRC

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 05:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default TomTenRC

HELP WITH SELLER TomTenRC - agree to sell me cars and they’re currently for sale on eBay after I’ve paid and he still has my money!!!

Here’s the story and I have all PM’s to provide detail if needed.

TomTenRC agreed to sell me the two TC3’s for $425. I immediately paid via PayPal. Seller refunded money because they were “out of town” and wouldn’t be able to ship. Money hit my account immediately since it was still in their PayPal account. We agreed I would send money back over and he would have his wife ship.

Upon getting to post office (supposedly) she found that it would be $60 to ship and he didn’t want to lose that much money so he claimed they again issued a refund, but this time it was pending. After almost a week, PayPal sent an email saying the funds weren’t available in the sellers account and that they would try again next week. This means the seller now transferred the money to their checking account and it was no longer in the PayPal account. I contacted the the seller and all night last night messages were sent with the last being that the cars would be shipped out today.

This morning, I get an alert from eBay that I have a saved search hit and low and behold these two items pop up. I have a saved search for a lot of these items as I collect and want to make sure I know when they pop up. At at this point, seller has proven they’re potentially trying to rip me off or that they just feel like they negotiated poorly and regret their decision but I am out $425 and have no resolution. I’ve messaged the seller and have also posted this information on the original listing below. Team Associated NTC3, TC3 Factory Team kits NIB

Ebay Pic:

Last edited by 1/8 IC Fan; 05-11-2019 at 05:33 AM.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

If this seller has listed these items on eBay after you've paid I recommend you open a dispute with PayPal and escalate immediately. I would copy all the eBay screens (print to PDF or similar) and provide same to PayPal. The images he's provided here are clearly the same as on eBay.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:24 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 13 (88%+)

@Shaverdam, You need to calm down man.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Calm down after all this B.S.??????????? Come on man, fess up and return money!!!
Old 05-11-2019, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomtenRC
@Shaverdam, You need to calm down man.
NO, you need to explain why he's still waiting for a refund.. for a second time. I'll be waiting.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:23 AM
Suspended

HELP WITH SELLER TomTenRC - agree to sell me cars and they’re currently for sale on eBay (I have multiples of these kits, Yes i used same pictures, why not?) after I’ve paid and he still has my money!!!

Here’s the story and I have all PM’s to provide detail if needed.

TomTenRC agreed to sell me the two TC3’s for $425. I immediately paid via PayPal. Seller refunded money because they were “out of town” and wouldn’t be able to ship. Money hit my account immediately since it was still in their PayPal account. We agreed I would send money back over and he would have his wife ship. (You sent money first time stating engine was included, which it was not. - I refunded)

Upon getting to post office(Correction,UPS ) (supposedly) she found that it would be $60 to ship and he didn’t want to lose that much money so he claimed they again issued a refund, but this time it was pending. After almost a week,(two days) PayPal sent an email saying the funds weren’t available in the sellers account and that they would try again next week. This means the seller now transferred the money to their checking account and it was no longer in the PayPal account. I contacted the the seller and all night last night messages were sent with the last being that the cars would be shipped out today( I cant ship car since I issued refund, I am not protected. I have to wait 3-5 days for paypal to reverse transacion. I will refund once I can get option again)

This morning, I get an alert from eBay that I have a saved search hit and low and behold these two items pop up. I have a saved search for a lot of these items as I collect and want to make sure I know when they pop up. At at this point, seller has proven they’re potentially trying to rip me off or that they just feel like they negotiated poorly and regret their decision but I am out $425 and have no resolution. I’ve messaged the seller and have also posted this information on the original listing below. Team Associated NTC3, TC3 Factory Team kits NIB (you are not out $425.. you are protected by paypal! I cant show that I shipped because I issued refund. yes it was my mistake I didn't make sure funds were coming out of account that I transferred money too.)

Like I said before you need some patience man. I can only do so much, I am not a scammer and I don't appreciated the police threats!
Old 05-11-2019, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

*Edit*....apparently a deal other than the original listing was reached.

Why did you issue a refund the second time..???

Last edited by racer1812; 05-11-2019 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:10 PM
Suspended

Your original listing was $425 shipped, INCLUDING a new O.S. motor...Unless you negotiated something different, and can prove it.(yes I can prove it) you're starting to dig a hole. (the buyer is digging a hole. I was willing to sell the tc3 and ntc3 with OUT the engine for $425.)

Your reason for the first refund is questionable at the very least. (He put in the notes that it included the engine, what happens if he gets it with out engine and it says in the notes that engine is included? I wanted it to not say included engine so I don't get burned.)

Why did you issue a refund the second time..??? (My wife could only get to UPS Store(Because of her work)where we live to ship it and it was going to be $65. I told her not to ship, way to pricy. I cant be home until this coming Wednesday to try other means like usps, fedex etc.. I was planning $25 for shipping. To be nice I refunded money until I returned and stupid paypal tried taking money out of a different bank account than I transferred money too. now its caught up in paypals policies I cant re issue refund until it fully goes through its cycles)

Once I can re issue refund payment I will.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Fair enough. BUT there are a couple issues. 1) Your issue with the cost of shipping and the fact that you aren't available to ship via a more cost effective method are not the buyers fault or problem. 2) The situation with your PP accounts is also your issue, not the buyer's.

I'm confident you're not trying to scam the buyer but these are issues.

Whether it's $4 or $425 no buyer should ever have to wait to get their money back because of seller issues.
ExRCRacer likes this.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:32 PM
Suspended

Wasn't buyers fault no, refund was given. case closed.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:46 PM
Suspended

@shaveradam did you get your refund?
Old 05-12-2019, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Tomten is a good guy have done business with him a few times. He has Many many of the same cars. He wouldn’t rip you off
Old 05-16-2019, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomtenRC
@shaveradam did you get your refund?
received refund seller manually issued because of PayPal issue. Working with seller still to purchase originally intended items.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)
Thumbs down

[QUOTE=shaveradam;15450361]
Working with seller still to purchase originally intended items.
Seriously??????????????
Old 05-16-2019, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shaveradam

received refund seller manually issued because of PayPal issue. Working with seller still to purchase originally intended items.
Holy Cow are you a glutten for punishment???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.