R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   Odd question about trader rating (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/1041169-odd-question-about-trader-rating.html)

harry697 04-15-2019 03:13 PM

Odd question about trader rating

Just curious if it is standard procedure here that if you have a less than perfect trader rating, the bad one(s) will be deleted if you become a moderator?

Packfan 04-15-2019 03:42 PM

No, that is not "Standard Procedure".

harry697 04-15-2019 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Packfan (Post 15432447)
No, that is not "Standard Procedure".

Ok, thanks. Kinda figured that, but had to ask because I just noticed that it happened. Not here to call anybody out. I just found it amusing. I've been accused of having a warped sense of humor on more than one occasion. Lol

Packfan 04-15-2019 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by harry697 (Post 15432458)
Ok, thanks. Kinda figured that, but had to ask because I just noticed that it happened. Not here to call anybody out. I just found it amusing. I've been accused of having a warped sense of humor on more than one occasion. Lol

There are circumstances where neutral or negative feedback may be removed. Those are determined case by case.

harry697 04-15-2019 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Packfan (Post 15432462)
There are circumstances where neutral or negative feedback may be removed. Those are determined case by case.

I've seen that happen before. But never after a year or more has passed since the person receiving the negative admitted to it being warranted.

VoltageDrop 04-20-2019 12:21 AM

Well, be straight up about what youre selling and all will be well. I think if you screw someone over then you should be banned from here to keep others from being taken advantage of. When i sell things im straight up about it, and if i buy things then I expect them to be the same. Fortunately i havent had any bad experiences here buying things but there are bad apples everywhere.

harry697 04-22-2019 04:33 AM

https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-s...-received.html

Wow! Just wow!!!!!
So, a guy gets his negative rating removed long after owning up to it, yet the person who left the rating was never questioned or notified about it. And our wonderful moderator pulls a total bitch move for everyone to see? That's just lovely!

Do as you see fit there, marcos. You know I'm talking about you and you know that post you just left and you closing the thread immediately after you got the "final word" in was a BITCH MOVE! I said it here. I'll say it directly to your face if it helps. It is what it is. Not hard to figure out.

You can suspend me, ban me, do whatever makes the butt-hurt not sting so much for ya, pal! I really don't care. You're a punk and your actions from here on out will only reinforce my point.

Your best bet is to delete this post and lock the thread. That will drastically limit the amount of people who will see you get called out for your shady tantrum.

Screenshot taken for future purposes. Hahaha!

Drew Manzella 04-22-2019 04:36 AM

I just want to know why the feedback I left was deleted - what's the point of the feedback system if negative feedback gets deleted?

harry697 04-22-2019 04:37 AM

I really didn't care much at all originally. Had no intention of even mentioning names. Was just curious as to what happened. But after Marco's juvenile reply and actions, well here we are. Lol

harry697 04-22-2019 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Drew Manzella (Post 15436425)
I just want to know why the feedback I left was deleted - what's the point of the feedback system if negative feedback gets deleted?

Apparently you, nor anyone else deserves that. Just live with your negative rating and big box of Kleenex is what I got out of this whole thing. :rolleyes:

imprsme 04-22-2019 07:35 AM

I’m just glad he’s true to his MO.

Make a SA comment then lock the thread.

Theres a name for that....

Marcos.J 04-22-2019 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Drew Manzella (Post 15436425)

I’ll shed some light in this issue since I went through my pm’s (which hold 10,000) a while ago before he became a moderator had an issue with drew, in which Drew received a refund and since then, both of you had a few positive deals . So since the issue if I recall happened a while ago and being his only negative feedback which he corrected I removed it. He did not remove his feedback when he became a moderator .

Drew Manzella 04-23-2019 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Marcos.J (Post 15436699)
He did not remove his feedback when he became a moderator .

I will shed some further light for you - since it is clear to me that you don't know (or don't care to know) the whole story. First off I never said he removed it - I knew going into this that someone else did it for him. My concern was why everyone else is stuck with their feedback forever but his was removed (as people have been told numerous times).

Second - he never actually made it right. It was resolved when PayPal found in my favor and issued a refund. He didn't do anything to remedy the situation and it took 90 days to be resolved. He didn't even reach out to me again until AFTER PayPal had found he was at fault. I can't fathom how this is a situation where a feedback removal is warranted.

At the end of the day there are plenty of people on here (myself included) who go out of their way and bend over backwards, even when we are right, to make buyers happy because we believe in the integrity of that rating. By you deleting a negative feedback you essentially say that rating is meaningless and I for one have a problem with you doing it - and I have voiced my opinion to Racer1812 regarding it.

both of you had a few positive deals

We had ONE deal between us since then and I did the deal with him because he doesn't have any negative feedback as a buyer.

only negative feedback which he corrected

As stated above he didn't correct it. After 90 days PayPal corrected it.

Marcos.J 04-23-2019 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Drew Manzella (Post 15437265)
I will shed some further light for you - since it is clear to me that you don't know (or don't care to know) the whole story. First off I never said he removed it - I knew going into this that someone else did it for him. My concern was why everyone else is stuck with their feedback forever but his was removed (as people have been told numerous times).

Second - he never actually made it right. It was resolved when PayPal found in my favor and issued a refund. He didn't do anything to remedy the situation and it took 90 days to be resolved. He didn't even reach out to me again until AFTER PayPal had found he was at fault. I can't fathom how this is a situation where a feedback removal is warranted.

At the end of the day there are plenty of people on here (myself included) who go out of their way and bend over backwards, even when we are right, to make buyers happy because we believe in the integrity of that rating. By you deleting a negative feedback you essentially say that rating is meaningless and I for one have a problem with you doing it - and I have voiced my opinion to Racer1812 regarding it.

We had ONE deal between us since then and I did the deal with him because he doesn't have any negative feedback as a buyer.

cool thank you for shedding the light ,everything was resolved and yes I removed it :) so no need to drag this anymore ,

harry697 04-23-2019 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Drew Manzella (Post 15437265)

Well said. This isn't even my battle and never had the intention of it heading in this direction. It honestly started out as an observation. I never mentioned names nor did I want any corrective actions taken. Just wanted some sort of reasonable explanation considering that at some point I'm sure we've all been in a situation where we strike a deal with someone who turns out to be a complete tool. I've had to go way beyond what I considered a reasonable deal to please someone in fear of negative feedback. It's not right, but I value my reputation. And to see someone have a stain removed from their reputation for no apparent reason except the coincidence that they're "status" has changed is a kick in the sack.

The events that unfolded in the other thread more or less set me off. I guess I expect more from people with "authority". I'm not necessarily proud of my rant, but I'll stand behind it. That's just how I roll. Lol. I've been called many things in my life, but a liar isn't one of them. Lol