Search
Like Tree7Likes

1/8 IC Fan - Item Never Received

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default 1/8 IC Fan - Item Never Received

Hate to do this - he seemed like a good dude, lots of good feedback and an active contributor to the community but enough is enough. I know the guy works offshore. I know the guy lives near Houston and this was around the time of Harvey but I also know that he claimed to ship AFTER the hurricane went through and he has been on RC Tech as recent as 10/3.

See below:

Original Deal Thread:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ll-got-go.html

Instant Message History:
8/19/2017
Originally Posted by Drew Manzella
Whats your bottom dollar on the Reflex 12?

I totally don't need it but I had a couple of them back when they came out and it would be nice to have one on the shelf again.
Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
I can do 30 shipped, and throw in period wheels and tires.

But... I am currently offshore for work, I will not be able to send this until I get back on the 1st.

But I can also hold it in the mean time.
It's a deal then. I will take it for $30.

Do you remember the period correct body I need to get for it? I want to say it was the Ascari but I've raced 12th scale on and off since 1988 so it all blends.
I might have an unpainted Speed 8 I can throw in.
Cool sounds good. I guess consider it sold and shoot me your PayPal info whenever you want me to pay for it.
Sure no problem, its [email protected] name on the account is Nicole. Pay when you like, ill mark it as sold.
Sent money. You have enough feedback that I'm not concerned about it.

I also covered the PayPal fees since you are giving me what I consider to be a very good deal.

Thanks again.
Thanks no worries, much appreciated.
9/3/2017
Finally got back home, this will go out tomorrow.
9/4/2017
Sounds good. I appreciate it. Tires and body as well?
Yep, all.

9/18/2017
Do you have tracking on this by chance? Been 2 weeks since you said you'd ship and I haven't seen it yet. Concerned it may be lost.
9/25/2017
It's now been 3 weeks since you said you'd ship and I still haven't seen anything. Can I at least get an update please?
10/6/2017
It has been a month since you said you shipped. Maybe you were impacted by Harvey or something (you work offshore so I assume oil rigs which would be gulf area). Fine. All I have ever asked for were updates.

I am 100% confident that I have been very easy-going about all this, sending 2 prior requests for updates (at 2 weeks and at 3 weeks).

I don't believe you are trying to steal from me but I am also at a loss as to why you won't give me an update. You have been on RCTech - and posting after I have sent messages.

I really need an update (just an update - if that update is "I forgot and then we were dealing with flooding - I will ship when I get my shit back in order" that's fine) or I will have to take the next step, which I don't want to do.

I'm likely one of the most reasonable dudes on here. Most would have filed a PayPal dispute by now.
11/1/2017
Originally Posted by Email sent to PayPal email address

Hello,

This is my last effort to resolve this politely - so I am sending an email to your PayPal email address BEFORE filing a dispute. I sent payment to you on August 19th for an RC car listed on RC Tech. I was told it would ship when he was back on land in the beginning of September. I said no problem. On 9/4 I was contacted and he said the car would ship on 9/5. I said thank you. On 9/18 I sent a message asking for a status update since I hadn't yet received the car (2 weeks after supposed ship date). No response. I sent a second request for an update on 9/25. No response. On 10/6 I sent my last message requesting an update and at that time I made my intentions clear that without an update I'd take further action.

I am now to the point where I am about to take further action - but in an attempt to not cause issues for anybody I am making this last attempt to resolve without filing disputes, negative feedback, etc.

If there was an issue with flooding/hurricanes/whatever then tell me. I've shown 100% that I am not unreasonable (since this has dragged on since August and it is now November).

In the end however I am not just giving my money away to somebody for no reason. I will be filing a PayPal dispute on 11/2/2017 unless I hear from you.

Feel free to reply to this or on RC Tech.

Thanks,
Drew Manzella
Sorry man but my patience has run out. I tried to work it out without it coming to this.

Last edited by Drew Manzella; 11-01-2017 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Fixed quote tags
Old 11-01-2017, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Yea, you've waited long enough I'd say.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

Did you ever file a claim?
Old 11-01-2017, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by roadrashracing
Did you ever file a claim?
Not yet. Sent the email today stating that I would file a claim tomorrow if I hadn't heard from them.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Even if he's got a legit reason for the delay, there's no reason for you to have to wait this long. I would have filed a claim weeks ago. He hasn't logged in since almost a month ago.

He may still be legit and like his sig says he may be working. But that's still no excuse.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Man, I hate to see one of the good guys end up here. OP has been extremely patient and has gone above and beyond.

I'd be hard pressed to accept any excuse since the seller logged in here as recent as 10/3. A quick pm response goes a long way.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE
I'd be hard pressed to accept any excuse since the seller logged in here as recent as 10/3. A quick pm response goes a long way.
Not only has he logged in but he has posted since he said he shipped. Honestly - I feel like he hasn't logged in since 10/3 because of my last PM. I doubt I am the only one who has email notifications sent when I get a PM. That email includes the PM so I don't have to log in to read it. What better way to avoid accountability than by not logging on.

As far as a quick response - thats all I have ever asked for. I never sent threatening messages or gave ultimatums. All I asked for was an update.

I legitimately wanted to give him every opportunity possible to make it right before I did this because he does have a very good reputation here and the last thing I want to do is be the guy who ruined it for him but I'm not in the business of giving money away and this has gone on long enough.
TIME MACHINE likes this.

Last edited by Drew Manzella; 11-01-2017 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:13 AM
Tech Master

I opened a claim this morning. Sent them 1 last message through PayPal before I escalate it.
TIME MACHINE and Scott R like this.
Old 11-04-2017, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

I escalated the claim to PayPal as there has still been no response from Mr. Belleville.

I truly am at a loss as to why all of this has had to go down like this. Does anyone know him in the real world?
Old 11-15-2017, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Resolution of Your Case: #PP-006-298-519-177
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Andrew Manzella,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favor.

We were able to recover $31.20 USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account privileges.

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details

Seller's Name: Nicole Belleville
Seller's Email: [email protected]
Seller's Transaction ID: 32576159U7906322K

Transaction Date: Aug 19, 2017
Transaction Amount: -$31.20 USD
Your Transaction ID: 3C623442PF4409524
Case Number: PP-006-298-519-177

Buyer's Transaction ID: 3C623442PF4409524
Old 11-16-2017, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WOW! Good for you!!! Too bad that he wouldn't come on here to tell his side of the story
Old 11-18-2017, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I'm either on crack or the guy just posted in the forums right now. Did he respond today?
Old 11-18-2017, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 204 (100%+)

His last log in was 10-3-17, waiting to hear his side, and yea seen that as well
Old 11-18-2017, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Yeah i am back as of today. I have also comunicated with Drew.

I was focused on getting my house back in order after Harvey, and getting back to work to pay the bills. As such i was not thinking about anything else.

That being said, what feedback Drew left is fair and correct. I have been out of touch.
Old 04-21-2019, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

That being said, what feedback Drew left is fair and correct. I have been out of touch.
It is interesting that this feedback I left (which you acknowledge that I left) has now disappeared. I have no issues with you, and I'd likely buy from you again but the fact remains you are responsible for the one and only bad deal I have ever had buying/selling things on the internet in almost 20 years. Not sure why it would fall off your record but other people have to carry theirs permanently. Just curious.

EDIT: And for the record - someone else saw this and brought it to my attention so I'm not the one who originally saw this discrepancy..

Last edited by Drew Manzella; 04-21-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.