Wiki Posts
Search

New RC car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 04:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Backsplash
you need to refund or change to another esc because that esc has lost the will to live. brushed esc that are selling in warisan are not waterproof. try buying a hobbywing brushless system. some are waterproof and last long but are a bit expensive.
lol thanks. but probably there is going to be more problems as i am right now very unlucky lolol..

I went to warisan to asked for refund or exchange and the guy working there said that it isnt the esc and it was the remote control setting. i still think its the esc cause it overheats and smoke comes out. he said to bring it to little m to change the remote control settings and it will only cost $3-$5 as it was just setting.

I asked him how if it was the esc, then he said come back here and i will change one for you.

So hopefully tommorow i might go to little m to ask if its the setting or the esc. probably the esc :3 so im going to change it! hooray.

i asked for a new esc because i knew it wasnt working but he said he could not change for me as it was not broken. and he also could not change because the wire insulator is slightly cut.. but he said if it was not working he would change it for me.

so im hoping that its the ESC :3 might ask him for a bit better esc like the one around 60-70 for free hehe.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

good luck, ramesh is always helping rc guys. if you can, get the hobbywing ezrun 60a esc.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default -

good luck, ramesh is always helping rc guys. if you can, get the hobbywing ezrun 60a esc.
Ramesh x HL team drivers
Old 05-24-2013, 03:54 AM
Tech Initiate

FML!!!!! i got it exchanged and all. installed the ESC and played for 5minute motor overheats and steams up. i let it rest for 10minute and turn it on. esc does not have beeps anymore.

ESC broken?

Motor broken?

my ESC is not covered by warranty anymore as he changed it already.

Motor i dont know! its a tamiya RS540
Old 05-24-2013, 04:17 AM
Tech Initiate

I check using the battery not connected to the ESC and receiver that the motor didnt turn like the old one. the ESC is fine but the motor overheated. Just bought that too fml..

Also I have a question backsplash does your motor overheat tht quickly? And ESC too. I had 5-10 minute play time on half to full speed.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:34 AM
Tech Initiate

yes mine did overheated when i used a brushless system with big tyres. the problem that you have is that you are using a smaller motor than the original one. the original was a 550 size and includes 2 heatsinks and a build in fan inside the motor itself. what is the no. of turn on your motor? did you used a smaller pinion?

stock pinion - 15t
stock motor - 550 size 33turns

what you need to not overheat the motor,

lower the pinion to 13t and,
a motor with the same turns or higher

bigger pinion and smaller motor equals heat.

the only way now is to buy yourself the 12 or 13 t pinion for the tamiya motor. the motor will not overheat anymore unless the motor has lower turns.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:39 PM
Tech Initiate

yes mine did overheated when i used a brushless system with big tyres. the problem that you have is that you are using a smaller motor than the original one. the original was a 550 size and includes 2 heatsinks and a build in fan inside the motor itself. what is the no. of turn on your motor? did you used a smaller pinion?

stock pinion - 15t
stock motor - 550 size 33turns

what you need to not overheat the motor,

lower the pinion to 13t and,
a motor with the same turns or higher

bigger pinion and smaller motor equals heat.

the only way now is to buy yourself the 12 or 13 t pinion for the tamiya motor. the motor will not overheat anymore unless the motor has lower turns.
yeah my pinion is 12t and the stock motor did not have the fan heatsink. it only had the metal heatsink thing, but i attached it onto the tamiya motor
Old 05-24-2013, 04:41 PM
Tech Initiate

My receiver and servo is stock
ESC - novatech B4222
Motor - Tamiya mabuchi RS540
Tires - front stock back changed.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:48 PM
Tech Initiate

How many turns is the tamiya motor and how much amp is the novatech esc? I think tou have a low turn motor, thats why it overheated.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:44 AM
Tech Initiate

How many turns is the tamiya motor and how much amp is the novatech esc? I think tou have a low turn motor, thats why it overheated.
How do you check the turns and how many amps?
Old 05-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Tech Initiate

i just checked the esc. your stock esc was actually stronger than your new one because it was meant for ep touring cars. the only way to check your motor turns is by looking inside and count how many windings there is. if its less than 33 per phase, then its will not work well. at warisan, they also have the stock motor for your rc aswell.

just be patience with your rc. it likes to eat your wallet - always.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:43 PM
Tech Initiate

How do you count the winding?
Old 05-27-2013, 02:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Experimental
How do you count the winding?
It would be best to learn it from this guy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4zF_RmPskg

He helped alot for me.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Lol. thanks! i also watch his videos alot.

Djmedic2008 and squirrelod

Anyways i think i have given up on my china truggy. Instead i bought myself a brand new RC, a tamiya TT-01D Skyline GTR shell. I bought from guan hock lee.

It was $500 including
a sanwa controller = 300
TT-01D drift kit = 350
Futaba servo = i dont know
Sanwa receiver = i dont know

So the only thing i know :
Made in japan!
Pay 500 got items more then 500
They made it for me (4hours) i was there waiting and looking
Shell also made for me! ( i chose the colours and pattern)

I test drive it for 2hours straight. Motor was quite warm but not as warm as my old truggy, the tires are very drifty hehe.

Enjoying my drift car!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Bad news. Reversed in to wall. Motor broke

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.