Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 TEAM ASSOCIATED SYDNEY GRAND PRIX (NITRO) Feb. 24.25.26

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 12:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by coconut ice
I was out at the creek on Saturday and have to admire how well the meeting was ran. Congratulations Steve and family

seriously, has Steve ever run an event less than perfect?? all his events Kick butt. he is the TJ of Rooty hill
Old 02-27-2006, 01:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by AJC13B
It was a top event and was pretty happy with my win in pullstart B considering the dramas I had for the 2 days prior

Hats off to Steve and everyone else involved. The event ran flawlessly! Will have to work on getting that giant winners trophy for next years event!
I`m gonna buy one of those "dreamcatchers" to hang over your car Steve....that should help keep the gremlins away
Cheers
Old 02-27-2006, 01:13 AM
Tech Regular

hey andy,was good to meet ya (gary,griffos mate)

i think we need a dream catcher in the whole bloody tent!
Old 02-27-2006, 01:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Gary...now thats an idea.....we`ll hang one straight over the top of the tent
Cheers
Old 02-27-2006, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What a fun yet frustrating race, i dont tihnk i have ever seen a nitro race where the leaders have raced so close and so clean, to mong it up at the post is disapointing, but considering thati s the 3rd time i had driven the car i am extremely happy, thanks to Steve and Ace hobbies for the pleasure of having a play with the Associated NTC3, im just sorry that it was the organic factor that prevented the win in its first outing.

Im sure this event will continue to grow and become one of the major noisy car events on the claendar.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AJC13B
It was a top event and was pretty happy with my win in pullstart B considering the dramas I had for the 2 days prior

Hats off to Steve and everyone else involved. The event ran flawlessly! Will have to work on getting that giant winners trophy for next years event!

HHMMM! Ive got the BIG SILVERWARE for the next 12 months. Dont intend to give it back easily next year.

Thanks to Nick,Steve,Ray and all A finalists for the great racing in the final.Probably the cleanest pullstart final Ive been in. It was pretty close for the whole race.

I would also like to contratulate Steve B. for well run event Mrs B. for excellent food both days.

Also thanks to Ace Hobby Distributors for sponsorship of the event.

GO THE TEAM ASSOCIATED NITRO TC3.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:11 AM
Tech Elite

After flying in from the pre Worlds, It was good to see a good meeting being held at the Creek, congrats all
I dont think that the overall effect of drivers missing in pre world action affected the result of this meeting, and I think that the drivers had a great time racing.

I had to laugh at the electric drivers having brain fade every 5 minutes with the nitro cars
Old 03-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by full speed tc3
HHMMM! Ive got the BIG SILVERWARE for the next 12 months. Dont intend to give it back easily next year.

Thanks to Nick,Steve,Ray and all A finalists for the great racing in the final.Probably the cleanest pullstart final Ive been in. It was pretty close for the whole race.

I would also like to contratulate Steve B. for well run event Mrs B. for excellent food both days.

Also thanks to Ace Hobby Distributors for sponsorship of the event.

GO THE TEAM ASSOCIATED NITRO TC3.
Ah crap! You were running a NTC3 as well?? I should have hit you up for some setup tips!! Looking at my times and comparing to the A final, all things being equal, I would have placed mid field, which I would have been super stoked about!! Alas, it wasnt to be, again

The PS A final was great to watch and just watching you and the open guys do laps helped me out heaps with my driving style, lift points etc.

A friendly, learning environment, great racing and some spectacular accidents, what more could you ask for?!
Old 03-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

steve miller will be the guy to watch out for next year. he used my car this year and the first time he drove it was the warm up before the final.but he still lead for more the half the race and finished third so he did pretty well in a car he'd never driven before. the car now has a pullstart rb and a oneway and its alot faster
Old 03-01-2006, 05:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moot
steve miller will be the guy to watch out for next year. he used my car this year and the first time he drove it was the warm up before the final.but he still lead for more the half the race and finished third so he did pretty well in a car he'd never driven before. the car now has a pullstart rb and a oneway and its alot faster
41 laps out of 105 isnt over half. Anyway as long as you lead the last lap thats all that matters.

Still a great race for all involved and think every one had fun.

I think Techwells will dominate again next year.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Over the whole event there was some really good close racing in both pullstart and open classes......its amazing that over a 30 minute A final that only 0.1sec seperated 1st and 2nd in the Open class with 3rd not too far away either ....as always, the pullstart class was closely contested...congrats to all the winners....also congrats to EVERYONE who raced and made this a thoroughly enjoyable weekend
Cheers
Old 03-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Tech Adept

thanks Andy for mentioning my 3rd i feel bad i wasn't up there poor brad and adam missed out on me shadowing them.

Alot of good racing though i enjoyed watching the pullstart A lots of good drivers that will be in open soon.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moot

Its not all about the speed! my car was probably the slowest but really really easy to drive! Set up has just a little bit to do with it