Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2-Bad
hmmm
hmmmmm

i think i have one pair of pins still in the packet

question is, will they work better and do you save them for the finals or use them to qualify? thats if you get in to finals of course...
Old 02-21-2006, 11:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SSS Racing
hmmmmm

i think i have one pair of pins still in the packet

question is, will they work better and do you save them for the finals or use them to qualify? thats if you get in to finals of course...

I reckon we should have only allowed "Hot Shots". The only chance I had to win Mod was that if my competitors run out of rubber.....
Old 02-23-2006, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guys I went to the track bout 6.30 am today and got a water off. Just as I was finishing it started to rain again. Unless the good lord decides to burn the track dry today we most likely will not be racing. I will check it again this afternoon and place a post.

cheers
Lance
Old 02-23-2006, 11:59 PM
Tech Regular

Will you guys take nominations in the morning.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:08 AM
Tech Regular

Will you guys take nominations in the morning.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:21 AM
poz
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default GRAND SLAM

Hi Guys

Lance and I have met at the BDR track. There is still heavy mud puddling on a few sections.

We have notified the Grand Slam Chairman that the track will not be suitable to race on tomorrow, particularly if it rains overnight as it is forcast to do.

Therefore the Grand Slam Round at BDR will be postponed to the last round of the series, date to be advised, probably around September.
Any entrants who have paid fees will need to advise me if they wish to transfer the fees to the postponed event or if the wish to have a refund.

Those that have paid by cheque, I can destroy the cheque if requested. Those that have paid cash will have to arrange to pickup from me.

PLEASE NOTE: AS THIS WAS TO BE A NORMAL RACE MEETING FOR BDR WE WILL NOW BE HOLDING THE NORMAL CLUB RACE DAY ON THIS SUNDAY THE 26TH, WEATHER PERMITING IF THE TRACK DRIES OUT TOMORROW.
IT IS ALSO THE CLUB’S AGM. ANY OTHER CLUB MEMBERS THAT WERE ENTERING THE GRAND SLAM THIS WEEKEND ARE WELCOME TO RACE ON SUNDAY IF THEY WISH. CHECK THE BDR FORUM FOR AN UPDATE ON WHETHER WE ARE HOLDING OUR CLUB MEETING ON SUNDAY

If anyone needs to contact me re fees return etc they can email me at [email protected] or phone 0438749866
Old 02-24-2006, 02:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by memyselfandI
Hey fellas'

Tod TROWER here just have a question for you lot. who is looking into come over for the Nationals in Perth? I just want an indication so we can start planning on pit space and tables and food etc.

cheers have a great series I might even see if I can make a cameo appearance.. Twisted... you rock I'll see you at the Truck Classic buddy
I'll be there, I'm suppose to be going with another member here also but i can't get a hold of him so it looks like i'll be going on my own there.

Cheers
Stonzy
Old 02-25-2006, 02:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (96%+)

will the controlled tyre rule be the same for meakin park. I just want to get some tyres beforehand.
cheers
scotty
Old 02-25-2006, 02:46 AM
TWISTED

Originally Posted by scottk
will the controlled tyre rule be the same for meakin park. I just want to get some tyres beforehand.
cheers
scotty
Scotty just waiting on a reply from one of the committee guys and will let you know. At this stage I`d say it will be open tyres for everyone.

Old 02-25-2006, 03:13 AM
TWISTED

To all the control tyre rule has been changed.
The tyres for all the grandslams are now OPEN!!!

Old 02-25-2006, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TWISTED
To all the control tyre rule has been changed.
The tyres for all the grandslams are now OPEN!!!
What a dissapointment!!!

IMHO, I would not have relented, of course I wasn't subject to the barrage of complaints from the “Loud Minority”. I understand the reasons/pressure the committee was put under (at the 11th hour) to change from a controlled tyre. It is a real shame as the "rest of the World" is about to or already has moved to a controlled tyre for both On-road and Off-Road that this competition has made this move just in time to be behind.

Now everyone can have the joy of trialling various types and compounds for every track, under all conditions... hmmm sounds very inexpensive doesn't it & fun to boot .

Now the tyres are open, is the committee sure this will be enough notice for "some" to have the right tyres or will we hear more whinging, as you’ll probably need to wrap them up in cotton wool to keep the little darlings content.

Regards,
Peter
Old 02-25-2006, 06:28 PM
TWISTED

I couldn`t agree more Pete We the committee thought control tyres would`ve been good. I would love to respond more mate but I am holidaying in Hawaii thanks to the kick backs on sales of Pro Line 8th buggy tyres. Talk to you when I get back

Old 02-25-2006, 11:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TWISTED
I couldn`t agree more Pete We the committee thought control tyres would`ve been good. I would love to respond more mate but I am holidaying in Hawaii thanks to the kick backs on sales of Pro Line 8th buggy tyres. Talk to you when I get back

LOL
Old 02-26-2006, 12:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

What a dissapointment!!!

IMHO, I would not have relented, of course I wasn't subject to the barrage of complaints from the “Loud Minority”. I understand the reasons/pressure the committee was put under (at the 11th hour) to change from a controlled tyre. It is a real shame as the "rest of the World" is about to or already has moved to a controlled tyre for both On-road and Off-Road that this competition has made this move just in time to be behind.

Now everyone can have the joy of trialling various types and compounds for every track, under all conditions... hmmm sounds very inexpensive doesn't it & fun to boot .

Now the tyres are open, is the committee sure this will be enough notice for "some" to have the right tyres or will we hear more whinging, as you’ll probably need to wrap them up in cotton wool to keep the little darlings content.

Regards,
Peter
BEST POST EVER!! lol
Old 02-26-2006, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What a dissapointment!!!

Regards,
Peter
I echo Pete's comments - it is dissapointing that the control tyre rule has been removed. Would hope that the supply of tyres has been the motivating factor in this decision, and not the small minority complaining about the rule. Especially when it comes down to people not even bothering to read the entry forms !

Its unfortunate that now to be competitive, will have to source supply of these tyres to ensure all track conditions will be covered at each events. X2000's, ifmar pins, big shots, bow ties, holeshots, evil twins. And just in case the tracks are broken up, better have a supply of ifmar studs or 8081's handy. Dont even mention what compound - red/pink/silver or m3/m2 or R3.

Considering there are 5 rounds qualifying and 3 finals, better make sure i have enough of each tyre to get me thru the whole event.

Dont you just love open tyre rule!!!

Despite this, i will still be there. Along with my 40+ pairs of tyres...

Lastly I would like to thank Grant and his fellow organisers for donating their time for no gain in promoting this sport amonst our clubs. Without these people, we would not even be having this discussion, as there would be no event whatsoever!!! Just remember that!

Ryan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.