R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Australian Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing-29/)
-   -   KNOX Offroad Vic (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/87350-knox-offroad-vic.html)

RaZz0R 10-24-2018 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by sjbmack (Post 15321606)
hi guys, I am going to hopefully be at the next clubby. I am a Keilor member (I'll join Knox shortly to support). What are your juniors like? I've got an 8 year old that is keen to race just need to get some time into practicing for him. Is the track available for practice outside of club days?

Our 9 year old is racing and there seems to be a fair few other kids joining in each weekend ;)

Track is open all the time - but carpets must stay in place - however join the knox RC facebook page as there are going to be official practice days where the carpets are off and timing loop on.

Come on and join in - our Son will love another kid to race and play with (The park near by gets a work out between races lol)

EnglishSteve 11-27-2018 03:17 AM

Hey there,

I used to race in the UK about 20 years ago (38 now) and I’m thinking of getting back into it. I have been flying planes for a few years but have the itch to get a cars again. I came down for a loon last Sunday and looks like heaps of people racing which is great!

Are new people welcome? What’s the deal with membership and what kind of car should I buy - thinking 2wd to begin with, whichever class is popular at the moment!

EnglishSteve 11-29-2018 11:14 PM

I’ve been waiting 4 days for a mod to approve my post...what it this?

Maximus79 12-28-2018 10:45 PM

New to the forums.

Got a Team Durango Dex210v3 cheap that I'm building with my 9yo son once we get back from Xmas holidays. Hopefully he doesn't break anything!
Only live 5min from this track so will be down often as we can on weekends and maybe Wednesdays after school.
Won't be racing as I don't think there is a class that suits this car but will still be fun for him.

See you down there sometime!

lookieaefanboi 12-31-2018 04:30 AM

There is a junior class that will be perfect for him and this buggy. Summer series starts this saturday afternoon so come on down and say hello :)

Maximus79 12-31-2018 01:27 PM

Won't be for a few weeks mate. Don't get back from holidays until the 11th then still need to build it and get everything to get it going.

Might just come down to watch though before hand.

Is one of the cheap hobbywing brushless combos from metro ok to run?
All my radio gear and servos are 20years old.
Need to upgrade them too as I don't want him poking anyone in the eye with the aerial.

Thanks again.

lookieaefanboi 01-05-2019 04:18 AM

Hobbywing is fine though I would suggest getting a sensored speed control and motor. A 17.5t would be a good starting point as these can be used in the jnr class as well as the next class which would be 17.5t stock. Probably get a hobbywing justock speed control and a motor to suit. Better posting to the clubs facebook as the forum is a bit quiet. https://www.facebook.com/KRCORCC/

EnglishSteve 03-05-2019 04:12 AM

Hi!

Hi gents,

I’ve been flying fixed wing lately and not had a car for twenty years - used to race a mardave cobra and a schumacher firebird2000 in the UK late 90’s - thinking of getting back into it. Was wondering if this club is a good place to startbgetting back into it? Also been looking at hobbyking vandal as a cheap way back in - is this ok to race?

kiwiazbro 08-02-2019 02:54 PM

How is Knox these days? Haven’t raced in a couple of years or so and keen to race again. Numbers still strong?

rearviewmirror 05-30-2021 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by kiwiazbro (Post 15488965)
How is Knox these days? Haven’t raced in a couple of years or so and keen to race again. Numbers still strong?

I know the post above is old, and the thread is a ghost town. But I'm interested in finding out more about what classes are popular at Knox. I don't have Facebook so I'm hoping someone on here can help with some info. The website lists a wide range of 2/4WD buggies and trucks, I'd like to know which classes have the most participants.

Sp Racer 05-31-2021 01:35 PM

Hey mate , the most popular classes are stock , 13.5 4wd and 17.5 2wd.
Good numbers still

rearviewmirror 05-31-2021 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sp Racer (Post 15792196)
Hey mate , the most popular classes are stock , 13.5 4wd and 17.5 2wd.
Good numbers still

Thanks, I've just ordered a 21.5 for the RB7SS I'm building, will change the motor out if needed assuming it's a stock ESC class. I'll try to get more details on the class but will focus on these two. I was just about to place another order for either a Stadium Truck or 1/10 4WD buggy, looks like the 4WD is the better option. Any rough idea on which brand is the most popular? I'm considering Kyosho, Yokomo, XRay, but can be swayed based on the best local knowledge and support.

Also, do you know if they run the MyLaps version <4.5? Or is there a plan on upgrading to that version? Just trying to confirm which transponder is compatible.

tandata 05-18-2022 04:16 AM

Puffy LiPos replaced. Buggy has been in storage since 2015.

Looks like the chat has also been put in to storage.

dragster 05-18-2022 09:49 PM

https://www.facebook.com/KRCORCC

tandata 05-18-2022 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by dragster (Post 15905181)

Is that for me? I don't use Facebook. Nor should you.

Put a bulletin board up on the Knox RC website, ta.