Wiki Posts
Search

The Tanking Dollar

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 12:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Coopz
token remaining manufacturing companies are the only one's enjoying this collapse.
Working for one of the token manufactures most of the raw parts used are manufactured overseas, dropping AUD for us increases costs.

Whilst the AUD was too high IMO at 1.05 we would be better off if the AUD was around 0.85 not .70 they seem to be heading for.

The biggest problem we face is the large fluctuations of the AUD over a short period of time. Difficult to plan ahead and costs change frequently.

Due to the rapid drop, we have ongoing orders in place which we are now loosing money on and other customers are no longer going ahead with planned future orders.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boz
I see where are coming from.

It's not quiet that simple to do. I work in retail. We don't receive any forward notice of when prices are going up from supplies (a week at the most). We need to make money to pay for the everyday costs of running a business. For me, over half of our items have a preset RRP.

If you get a new delivery of tires and the cost price has increased by $1.00, you are naturally going to increase all of your current stock on hand by $1.00. Most of you think this is wrong. From a retailers point of view, it is not. Why, because the cost the next order we place is going to be higher to replace the stock that as been sold. My grudge is when the dollar goes up, the prices can take awhile to come down.

There is not one of you that can say you are a true loyal customer to any retail outlet or brand. As a customer, you all have the right to shop around. As a business, we have the right to make decisions that keeps our business doors open.

I call nearly bs to that, until today liquorland had sold me every carton of beer whilst in kal! Went to bws today though to stock up for wa challenge cup as Budweiser was two for $84.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:59 PM
Tech Addict

The other way of looking at it, and the way I need to.
For those of us in the manufacturing industry that needs exports and remain competitive against imports.
I have a choice, low dollar means I have a job. Things might be expensive, but at least I'll have an income to buy.

Any off topic, why keep picking on Xray for releasing a new spec car once a year?
Yokomo is worse, they have just released a 2nd '15 BD7 and they had a few '14 variants.