Wiki Posts
Search

Electric Night Racing at Littlehampton

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 07:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Les
Glad everyone had a good night, the club committee are very good at listening to constructive comments and personally I think it's great that racers are offering their opinions, I am sure the organisers of the new Friday night racing will put some thought into any suggestions and respond in due course.

Cheers
We did have a ball Les, the track is awesome. Every is doing a fantastic job to put the night racing on, excellent fun. And the atmosphere is great too. Plenty of fun with minimum pressure, there were many laughs in the pits in between races too which was great to see.

With Caseys comments, I agree with the Grid placement for postions 1 and 2. When the guy takes off from 2nd grid spot, it gets scary as they are running up the inside of the 1st guy and you end up with a huge 1st corner shunt, haha.

It's warming to see that suggestions are taken onboard The friday night racing is excellent, and with a few minior adjustments it should be spot on

Cheers,

Tom
Old 01-24-2015, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Totally agree about a single qualifying and then three mains. If we get time for a 4th main (we ran 5 times Friday) that's a bonus.

I think when first conceived, it was expected a few more would run 21.5T and we would have two different heats - not just an A&B 13.5T

Grid comment is probably correct too. Nothing to stop us forming up that way as a trial at the next meet I expect?
Old 01-24-2015, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cplus
Totally agree about a single qualifying and then three mains. If we get time for a 4th main (we ran 5 times Friday) that's a bonus.

I think when first conceived, it was expected a few more would run 21.5T and we would have two different heats - not just an A&B 13.5T

Grid comment is probably correct too. Nothing to stop us forming up that way as a trial at the next meet I expect?
Forming up in that way would be easy for sure, 1st goes to second grid spot and everyone else forms up down one accordingly, I'm up for that :-) well said Clive :-)
Old 01-24-2015, 10:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi guys,

my opinion is:

YES for having a qualy/final format. May be if we have 4 runs, 2 qualy with the best one to count and two final with the best one to count. If we have 5 runs, 3qualy with the best two based on points count and two final best one count.

YES for position two on the grid to be the TQ position.

YES to have a RD do a random scrutineer.

Thanks
Old 01-24-2015, 11:02 PM
Tech Adept

Cool

Originally Posted by marco cianfrone
Hi guys,

my opinion is:

YES for having a qualy/final format. May be if we have 4 runs, 2 qualy with the best one to count and two final with the best one to count. If we have 5 runs, 3qualy with the best two based on points count and two final best one count.

Thanks
Yes I agree with that too
Old 01-25-2015, 01:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hi guys,

my opinion is:

Thanks
I third it
Old 01-25-2015, 01:47 AM
Tech Elite

Well, if you (we) seriously want some of this "altered" two ways to get it considered as members;

- go a club meeting to bring it up
- speak to swanny (electric delegate) and get his support so he can bring it up

The former is the best way.

No good trying to make significant changes 10min before the night is due to kick off, that's too short notice on those volunteering their time to make the night run.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:02 AM
Tech Elite

YES to have a RD do a random scrutineer
I like the idea of some scrutineering as well. Not to catch people cheating because I'm concerned per se, but more to show club professionalism and also to educate.

I don't think it would need to a RD necessarily.

A proposal could be;

Group of say 3-6 regular members who know the rules, how to use the measuring equipment and race regularly assigned as potential Scrutes.

1 person from each heat on the night is given the job to check the opposite group.

Each heat/race 1-2 cars are pulled at random at the finish with the aim of everyone being checked min. once ever meet.

Check as a minimum;
- body number and cut lines
- min. weight
- blinky mode proven
- motor legal

Blinky can be troublesome as each ESC brand has a different way of proving it, but as long as the Scrutes are educated on the major brands in use (HW, LRP, Orca etc) then it won't be too much of a problem. Novaks for example don't actually "blink" when in blinky!

Aside from perhaps giving the scrutineer on the night "some" grace when it comes to marshalling - to make up for time lost at their pit - it's not really that big a deal.

We don't need to go to the extent of marking bodies/chassis nor do we need to check every car, every race IMHO.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:39 AM
Tech Addict

Hi guys,

my opinion is:

Thanks
I 4th it!!!!!
Old 01-25-2015, 05:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi guys,

my opinion is:

Thanks
Also agree 5
Old 01-28-2015, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi guys I'm trying to get in touch with people who have mini's (tamiya) so I can try and drum up some numbers for the next meet. It appears the class has died off at hh and most people are running other class's now. So if you know of anyone who might be interested could you put them in touch with me. Cheers
Old 01-29-2015, 02:58 AM
Tech Elite

Long shot here but did anyone happen to pickup a set of protoform crosshairs at the track last meet?

Brand new in the packet.... I think I might have dropped them in the carpark perhaps.

Not impressed with myself if I did!!

Old 01-31-2015, 10:35 PM
Les
Tech Addict

Default Race

Geez this Friday night is going to be a ripper with 33 deg forecast, perfecto for night racing.
Keep your nominations flowing and your points ticking over, it's a double header weekend for 13.5T so while your nominating for Friday may as well nominate for Sunday as well !!!!

FUN FUN & MORE FUN 😄😉
Old 02-01-2015, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

I'd prefer it not to be double headers personally.

One day a week is as far as the leave pass stretches.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:33 PM
Les
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cplus
I'd prefer it not to be double headers personally.

One day a week is as far as the leave pass stretches.
Good thing is the points are seperate so doesn't really matter if some can only make it to one race day, good thing is anyone can't make the Friday they can run Sunday and vice versa, it's just a bonus for those like me that like a feast of racing, H/H races the alternate weekend.

My prenuptial stipulates I can race as many meetings in a season as I like.
Silly me should have also included I can spend as much money as I like lol!!!!

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.