Wiki Posts
Search

Hudy Vs Integy

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 04:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
I dont understand why people feel the need to use these gauges, they were mandatory in the old days of pivot ball suspensions, but with hinge pin suspensions its not necessary, i use one of those simple square camber gauges to set up my car.
I Second that!
Old 09-15-2005, 02:34 PM
Tech Rookie

I should probably clarify my comments re: tyre wear above. Before i used the Integy kit I didn't use a camber guage or anything like that. When I first put my car on the guages the cambers were way out of whack, and I was running a lot more caber than is recommended. Once I fixed that problem tyre wear decreased, and over time the guages have paid for themselves through reduced wear. If I'd been using a standalong camber guage before I got the Integy kit I mayn not have noticed quite such a dramatic difference.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:55 AM
Tech Addict

camber is camber, if you measure it with a 2.50 rpm guage or a 400 dollar hudy system...

i bought the 1/10 all in one hudy, around june just before the winter champs and i'm very happy with it. just for having everything in one box makes it easier as it keeps it together and you know where everything is for easy access and it packs well when travelling away racing.

wouldnt matter if you bought the hudy or integy, buy which ever one you think best meets your needs or requirements or which ever unit offers you the most for what you can afford
Old 09-16-2005, 03:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

I own both brands. And what ever one you can get the cheapest. (NEW of course). BUY IT.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:35 AM
Tech Addict

Default HEY HEY HEY!!

Originally Posted by Besercoe
I dont understand why people feel the need to use these gauges, they were mandatory in the old days of pivot ball suspensions, but with hinge pin suspensions its not necessary, i use one of those simple square camber gauges to set up my car.

I agree Bradd, but thats what most of us do with EP cars, where as GP use alot more features for set-up like pivot balls ect.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Where?

Where can one get an Integy and/or Hudy set up station(s) for reasonable $$$$? F1 where were you thinking of getting your set up from?
Old 09-17-2005, 01:33 AM
Tech Adept

Model Flight in Adelaide has the Integy for $130 and as far as I know no one has the Hudy in store but anyone can get it in for $500.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:05 AM
Tech Master

Default Huddy

Model Flight in Adelaide has the Integy for $130 and as far as I know no one has the Hudy in store but anyone can get it in for $500.

Nutter

I bought a 10 8250 months ago straight straight from Darren Campbell of Custom Model Cars Penshurst it only came in a cardboard box, not the new one that comes in a alluminium carry case if my memory serves me right ( apart from the Altimers )at the time it was on special for around $300.

I just checked there sight and they now sell it for $404.80.

Good luck in your decision. By the way a metal tool box from Bunnings about $25 then visit Clark rubber nice carrying case for setup boards and radio's.

Noel Richards
Old 09-17-2005, 07:43 AM
Tech Addict

i got my all in one system from cusmod too, was 430+ gst from memory