Electric Onroad Racing @ Hobby Habit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Electric Onroad Racing @ Hobby Habit

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 03:18 AM
Tech Adept

yes racing is on and weather will be unpleasant but Aircond will be running tomorrow but later in the evening will be nice
Old 01-01-2015, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Dam to hot for me, have to bail, had my new car all ready and built but had some heat issues in a car park run yesterday evening so I don't want to risk it on a 40 degree night
Rotten weather
Old 01-02-2015, 03:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Has it cooled down for you blokes? It's pretty nice in the hills now!
Old 01-02-2015, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

By 6:30pm for me it was nice but the night to follow wasn't to continue cooling down. A broken hub carrier (no big deal) followed by a damaged motor in which I replace with a 4.5T making a class I struggle with already a little to challenging so I left after Final#2. Still no big deal until my car was written off on the way home.

O'well until next race night,
m.Ellis
Old 01-02-2015, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

As in 1/1 car accident?

Sorry to hear mate, hope you are ok.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:35 PM
Tech Adept

Wildmandriving hope everyone is ok..........

Another great night racing at Hobby habit 32 entries new track layout and return of the Mod's some spectacular driving in that class the new layout definitely shows how fast these things really are ........ Lots of hot racing under hot conditions thank goodness for the Aircond and dedication of a quite a few that turned up at lunch time.

Track temp: 31c
Air Temp :41c
Grip Level : Med to High
Excitement Level:
Old 01-02-2015, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3
Track layout feels really good, can't wait until the grip gets even better. Down to 13.7 already, so low 13's will be coming, a really good length lap for mod! Not sure what the fastest stock guys were doing today, but I'd say low to mid 14's will be the target

Antoni
I had my reservations about the layout especially the back left corner but it has turned out to be an awesome layout. It seemed like the sweeper on the right straight did all the Damage last night. Poor mate Reece and the loaner took a beating and came out a little worse for wear. Strong car the serpent.

I got down to a 13.6 last night for the stock car but couldn't get past James for the win. No confidence in overtaking on the straight even though I could gain 3 to 4 meters every time . Qualifying is now more crucial than ever. Till next time and a bit more confidence in the track.

Speaking of qualifying Id like to see best 2 of 3 qualifying re instated. I wont go on about it but id like to vote with the racers and see what everyone says.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
I had my reservations about the layout especially the back left corner but it has turned out to be an awesome layout. It seemed like the sweeper on the right straight did all the Damage last night. Poor mate Reece and the loaner took a beating and came out a little worse for wear. Strong car the serpent.

I got down to a 13.6 last night for the stock car but couldn't get past James for the win. No confidence in overtaking on the straight even though I could gain 3 to 4 meters every time . Qualifying is now more crucial than ever. Till next time and a bit more confidence in the track.

Speaking of qualifying Id like to see best 2 of 3 qualifying re instated. I wont go on about it but id like to vote with the racers and see what everyone says.
The layout is certainly challenging and fun to drive. A great night out and pleasant conditions considering the temperature outside!

The entry to the sweeper is tricky especially when you are side by side down the back straight. It's costly when you get it wrong too.

I would vote for best 2 of 3 qualifiers as it rewards consistently fast rather than whoever drove fastest in Q3 usually when the track is at its best.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cplus
As in 1/1 car accident?

Sorry to hear mate, hope you are ok.
Ahh yeh my small Mazda3 is now a compact but both I and the other driver walked away with nothing more than a bruise.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah

From what I can tell, most enjoyed the new track layout It's much nicer in mod, with it being a LOT more flowing. Track grip came up a lot too, my lap times estimations where blown through the roof Hopefully I will make it to the next clubbie if work allows

Antoni
Old 01-02-2015, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

+1 for the track layout once i got my eye in.....
and i too would like to see best 2 out of 3 for qualifying......

Old 01-07-2015, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For interested parties I have posted my fb Scotty Ernst interview on Shadow Racing - RC.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:35 AM
Tech Adept

Racing Friday Night Round 2 , looking like a big night of close racing lets see if we can get enough for 2 heats of F1's for the first time.
Taking entries from 6:10pm... Racing Starts @ 6.30pm
Old 01-14-2015, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I'll be there
Old 01-14-2015, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

I'll be there straight after work can't wait.. Won't be racing in the 40 degree heat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.