Old 10-07-2005, 05:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default MV Working Bee

Glen said the working be is on 23rd October, he'll be there around 11am
Old 10-07-2005, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by promugenman
SDMCC membership is due aswell. i think it's $25 if i remember correctly.
Yep it is, paid my renewal at the last indoor tuesday night meeting
Old 10-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

a few pics of my mate & i jumping at henley sailing club yesterday, way too windy to sail, so we pulled out the ramp & buggies & had a bit of a session. Thanks to Sarah for taking the pics.
Attached Thumbnails Adelaide 1/8th Buggies-open-mouthed.jpg   Adelaide 1/8th Buggies-2-us-2.jpg   Adelaide 1/8th Buggies-big-air2.jpg  
Old 10-16-2005, 11:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Working bee this sunday at the Morphet Vale track. bring tools if you have them. Glenn is getting there about 10 - 10:30, i'll be getting there when i get my lazy but out of bed after Sat night. if anyone knows where we can get free clean landfill from down that way can you let me or Glenn know. if you let me know i'll forward it on to Glenn.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

need someone to roll up with a CFS truck or something for access to water - digging at that place is going to be a nightmare wet or dry. Even someone brings a hose so some areas can be soaked before they're worked on.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sorry boys I cant make it. the notice was a little too short.

Also, Paul and I spoke about the 10 minute finals on MSN. Unless you have a pit crew, our buggies will make 7-8 minutes max. For the time being, we should probably have three 5 or 6 minute finals instead of the one longer one?
Old 10-17-2005, 04:35 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah you're right Tim, most people probly wont expect to have to pit and probably wont bring someone as pitman - not to mention the track isnt really setup for pit stops either yet.

After a few months it might be an option though.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

have you guys brought this up with Glenn, you might want to let him know your concerns seeing as though he's organising it & has the 10 minute main on the racing website.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

hi guys, Glenn Here (AusRC moderator Oblivion)

with the 10 minute main and other suggestions, there is nothing 100% definate. if we get there and most people only want 5 min final, then so be it.. the 10min main is merely a suggestion which i hope to implement for future meetings when it gets popular enough. The pitting would be done on the small straight thats just one corner before the main straight so its done in full view of other drivers to avoid collisions (cant pit off the main straight theres nowhere to pull in, thats an easy drivers view away)

who knows, i have even thought of trialing speedway/nascar style rolling starts at some point (maybe before or after the meet, just for fun + to see how it goes)
the key to trialing a rolling start though would be *IF* people like the idea and the transponder needs to support instant race starts instead of count down timer starts. (i would need to hit START button only when the field reaches the start line in a nice group and not spread out)

PLEASE! if anyone has suggestions or comments please direct them straight to me, i will be happy to discuss or address the problem/suggestion.

As for the working bee this w/e im hoping to clean up the infield and possibly move around some of the infield curb to make it useable for our first raceday.
If the club is popular enough, a proper revamp of the entire track will be in order in the very near future.

nominations are already going stronger than expected in MT + buggy. 2wd ST is still low on nom's but hopefully that will improve.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Put me down in 1/8th buggy Glenn. My name is James Mclean in case you need to know

We should be able to take nominations on the day as well..

I think the 10min main is a good idea, but I guess not everyone will bring a pit person Some buggies will run for 10 minutes though
Old 10-18-2005, 07:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

if we do 10 minute mains we may as well do 12 minutes, all buggies will/should get 6 minutes a tank. i'm in favour of drop starts, my engine is tuned to race & not sit there idling. either rolling starts or drop starts (bugggies held off the ground by marshals till just before the start then the marshals drop them on the grid & move to their marshalling positions) are my preference.

just my opinions.

the buggy class looks like a good one. i know of at least 5 buggies turning up & if Timmy G rocks up that will be 6. i'm working on another 2 guys to show.

i rebuilt all the diffs & shocks last night ready for racing. it's amazing how quickly the diff oil goes bad when you really give it stick.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

and if we go 12 mins, might as well go 15 min mains

Drop starts sounds like a good idea, but this does imply everyone will need a pit person, i guess at worst a couple of marshalls could help with this. Ideally the gates they use for the RC Pro Series in the USA are a good idea too - but thats something to be thought about down the track...

I think at the first meeting we'll need to hold a drivers meeting at the start of the day before the racing begins to decide weather we'll have 5 min finals because people may not have a pit person, or weather enough people have a pit person and can handle 10 or 15 min finals.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

some people may need to pit twice on a 15 minute main, but a 12 is a safe bet. usually it's the marshals that drop the buggies, not the pit crew. so as long as we get enough in each class we shouldn't need pit crew. check out the vids on http://www.snviper.ch.vu/ they show the drop starts at the swiss nats & the vids are awesome to watch. they are huge files though & the vids go for 10 - 15 minutes.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by from my website,rc-racing.inghams.net
Drivers Briefing 12.30, Racing starts 1PM sharp.
there will be a drivers breifing before the start of every meeting. Its a good way of getting any newby's up to speed with how we do things instead of just expecting them to know.

As for a drop gate, i seen a good one on a video. it had wodden cricket bat shaped paddles the trucks sat on with their wheels hanging free and the starter drops the whole lot together with one lever so you get a fair start for everyone on every race. but that not only requires materials and time to build but it would probably get broken by vandals or something unless it was solid steel and mounted to the ground somehow.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

if it were wood & could be easily dismantled onto a trailer it could be taken with us, but you need someone with a trailer & room to store it. that video was probably a slap ma fro vid from fisk hobby farm. i have their dvd, it's great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.