Wiki Posts
Search

Bradd Vercoe quits as AARCMCC EP section head

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Bradd Vercoe quits as AARCMCC EP section head

Stuff in the maccas thread often goes unnoticed so I thought I'd create a thread for this. I know not everyone is an AARCMCC fan but I think all the EP on-road racers can agree that Bradd has done a great job since stepping up to the EP section head role in 2010.

Positions like this are amongst the most thankless, so I want to be the first to publicly thank Bradd for his efforts over the last 3 and a bit years. The challenge for us now will be to find someone who is prepared to take over the reigns and bring some accountability to the governing body to avoid debacles like those that are currently plaguing the 2013 Nationals.

Here is the announcement from Bradd

Originally Posted by Besercoe
It is with much regret that I can no longer be associated with AARCMCC.

As of today I will no longer be a point of contact regarding AARCMCC EP Onroad, I can no longer be a part of such an organization that blatantly circumvents its own rules, plays secret squirrel and upholds back room old boy deals.

For quite some time there has been interference by Brad Davis into EP Onroad matters, which I feel has been ratified by Michael Turner, to the point that I feel that I am no longer able to be a benefit to the EP Onroad section in Australia.

It is my hope that someone with the same vigor that I had when I took on the job can replace me, It would kill me to have a self serving/lap dog replacement.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I know Bradd has done his best in difficult circumstances, and that he has always fought for what he's considered the best interests of the sport. I too thank him for his service.

Information I have is that an AGM will go ahead at the Nationals, and that the clubs who have representatives present will be the ones deciding between the nominations. Clubs that aren't present won't be able to vote, but we can still nominate someone for a position.

In this instance I suggest sending nominations to Michael Turner: [email protected]

The entry list for the Nationals is small: http://www.myrcm.ch/myrcm/main?pLa=en&lType=rList&hId[1]=bkg&pId[B]=0&dLt=reg&dId[E]=13415&pId[E]=3 But if there is someone going from your club, it would be a good idea to talk to them and have them attend the AGM (when we find out which day it is on).

I only have a draft copy of the constitution to hand in electronic form. I'm trying to get an up-to-date copy so that I can check the requirements for the quorum. The draft I have says there needs to be 50% of clubs and 50% of states represented for an AGM, but that only 25% of clubs are required for a General Meeting, and it's not entirely clear whether the Section AGMs are to be regarded as an AGM or a GM (probably the latter). I was told recently that the requirements may be different to this – a number of states represented.

When I've cleared it up I'll let you know, but nominations are going to be required 7 days before the meeting, and you'll have to have 2 people nominate a person in writing, and have them accept the nomination.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Not sure why no one is making comment regarding Brads resignation.

The whole AARCMCC association needs to be cleaned out. If someone with the standing, respect and passion for EP RC that Brad has quits due to frustration of dodgy dealings that are going on by the minority section of aarcmcc then something is seriously sick and needs drastic surgery.

EP clubs out number IC clubs and maybe it is time the numbers are used to effect changes that will allow EP to stand and run with out repeated interference from IC side.

What is going on for the EP on road Nationals is a disgrace and this has been put together by the IC side of AARCMCC in an attempt to prop up the coffers of a IC club.

How can this happen? The rules, old boy club, backroom dealings, a group of delegates who are yes men and dodgy dealings and a bunch of yes men who wont stand up to to do whats right by the RC community and only serve to line the pockets of suppliers and certain clubs in hopes to garner support for proposals and events.

The EP On Road Nationals are a perfect example of this. You have our grandfinal and IC club was chosen which can barely string together enough EP entrants on a club dayand now a few days out sanctioned Classes arent being filled..

Time for a regime change, or a new organisation one that caters to the racers as a community and not just their own self interest.

Does the president of AARCMCC asctually run anywhere? where does he race? what club does he run? All i know is there is a fantastic track sitting unused in the western suburbs..
Old 11-12-2013, 08:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Wylie27
EP clubs out number IC clubs and maybe it is time the numbers are used to effect changes that will allow EP to stand and run with out repeated interference from IC side.
At the committee level EP ONR is entitled to 3 representatives. The first step in having a greater voice is to actually fill those 3 spots.

Bradd was one person trying to do the job of 3. EP OFR has 2 delegates, IC OFR has 3, IC ONR has at least 2, I'm not sure about LS.

As a discipline the first thing we need to do is find three people who can share the role of governing our section amongst them. If we can do this then there will be far less need for anyone else to get involved.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Radio Active
At the committee level EP ONR is entitled to 3 representatives. The first step in having a greater voice is to actually fill those 3 spots.

Bradd was one person trying to do the job of 3. EP OFR has 2 delegates, IC OFR has 3, IC ONR has at least 2, I'm not sure about LS.

As a discipline the first thing we need to do is find three people who can share the role of governing our section amongst them. If we can do this then there will be far less need for anyone else to get involved.
Dan,

You are right around the roles. they should be filled to ensure the workload is shared and made the workload on Brad much easier than it was for him.

It has been said before regarding these positions, in reality you make the most logical choice to take up one of the roles, as i understand it a lot of the changes were run by you first.....

This still doesnt resolve the issue around the current President was voted by the delegates unopposed again. I ask you this How can 3 delegates for EP ONR go up against atleast 7 other delegates not inlcuding large scale.. Even if all the EP delegates joined forces that still leaves the side with the least number of clubs with a majority vote. How is this possible?

What can be done. I have no idea all i know is unless the clubs force an EGM (if it can be done) or band together at the next AGM i am afraid EP onroad will contrinue to be a cash cow for the minority in the RC game to the detriment of EP ONR.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Tech Champion

Dan,

You are right around the roles. they should be filled to ensure the workload is shared and made the workload on Brad much easier than it was for him.

It has been said before regarding these positions, in reality you make the most logical choice to take up one of the roles, as i understand it a lot of the changes were run by you first.....
I wish I could. I'm at the limit of what I can do, and it wouldn't be fair on anyone for me to take on a new role with an uncertain work future hanging over me.

This still doesnt resolve the issue around the current President was voted by the delegates unopposed again. I ask you this How can 3 delegates for EP ONR go up against atleast 7 other delegates not inlcuding large scale.. Even if all the EP delegates joined forces that still leaves the side with the least number of clubs with a majority vote. How is this possible?
The new constitution has a rule in it that reads:
Each section may;
(a) structure itself to best serve the interests and running of that section.
(b) define the general rules and racing requirements applicable to their section separate to this constitution. [...]
The EP section rules include processes in them for rule changes. My reading of this clause is that the Executive cannot dictate rule changes to a section. If this clause had not been present I would not have endorsed the constitution.

I think SA is a special situation in that Adelaide (who are the only EP ONR only affiliated club in the state) lost their track in the lead up to the Nats being scheduled. Despite the fact Hobby Habit provides a good alternative, I'm sure this created some uncertainty that is a factor in the current predicament.

The very last rule in the new constitution is on the awarding of events where there are multiple bidders. When I find my hard copy I'll be able to check this, but at least for the State Championships it says that the clubs in that state get to vote on where they want it held if there are two valid bids. I have a feeling the same thing might apply to the Nationals.

Of course this would only apply if people got their bids in on time! Still no bids for next year's NSW State Champs as far as I know.

As regards committee decisions. I don't think we should assume that the vote will always be split down IC/EP lines. There are plenty of people in all sections who don't see eye-to-eye.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think SA is a special situation in that Adelaide (who are the only EP ONR only affiliated club in the state) lost their track in the lead up to the Nats being scheduled. Despite the fact Hobby Habit provides a good alternative, I'm sure this created some uncertainty that is a factor in the current predicament.
AERCCC is not the only electric on road affiliated club in SA. RRCSA is affiliated for IC, Large Scale and Electric and has always managed to get a handful of electric racers at Club race days. Hobby Habit is not a club per se, it is run as a business.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Swanny
AERCCC is not the only electric on road affiliated club in SA. RRCSA is affiliated for IC, Large Scale and Electric and has always managed to get a handful of electric racers at Club race days. Hobby Habit is not a club per se, it is run as a business.
This is why I said "EP ONR only".

I realise that Hobby Habit is not a club. The HH track was used by AERCCC for the SA States, so conceivably it could have been used for the Nats as well, that was what I meant. I'm not saying it should have been (I'm not giving an opinion on this here) I'm just saying that conceivably it was a viable option if a bid had been made*.

*Disclaimer: I don't know if a bid was made or not. I'd only be guessing.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

I know Bradd has done his best in difficult circumstances, and that he has always fought for what he's considered the best interests of the sport. I too thank him for his service.

Information I have is that an AGM will go ahead at the Nationals, and that the clubs who have representatives present will be the ones deciding between the nominations. Clubs that aren't present won't be able to vote, but we can still nominate someone for a position.

In this instance I suggest sending nominations to Michael Turner: [email protected]

The entry list for the Nationals is small: http://www.myrcm.ch/myrcm/main?pLa=en&lType=rList&hId[1]=bkg&pId[B]=0&dLt=reg&dId[E]=13415&pId[E]=3 But if there is someone going from your club, it would be a good idea to talk to them and have them attend the AGM (when we find out which day it is on).

I only have a draft copy of the constitution to hand in electronic form. I'm trying to get an up-to-date copy so that I can check the requirements for the quorum. The draft I have says there needs to be 50% of clubs and 50% of states represented for an AGM, but that only 25% of clubs are required for a General Meeting, and it's not entirely clear whether the Section AGMs are to be regarded as an AGM or a GM (probably the latter). I was told recently that the requirements may be different to this – a number of states represented.

When I've cleared it up I'll let you know, but nominations are going to be required 7 days before the meeting, and you'll have to have 2 people nominate a person in writing, and have them accept the nomination.
you need this cleared up now....and we need their treasurers report gazzeted if possible
how can we make informed decisions without information
Sad to see brad go and i have communicated that with him but...its time to change a lot of things

Last edited by JAM Racing; 11-13-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I am surprised you lasted as long as you did Bradd. Straight shooter you are my friend.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think Greg Fisher should be Bradd Vercoes replacement.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Dan, how do the EP positions get appointed? I'll happily take on one of the roles if I have some support. The whole election process is a bit of a mystery to most racers unfortunately
Old 11-13-2013, 02:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JAM Racing
you need this cleared up now....and we need their treasurers report gazzeted if possible
how can we make informed decisions without information
Sad to see brad go and i have communicated that with him but...its time to change a lot of things
I've now been sent the current constitution. (Michael Turner was pretty quick sending it to me after I made the request.) 25% of Member clubs need to be represented at the Section AGM (which is technically just a General Meeting fo the Association, not the AGM).

I've also been sent the Treasurer's report. I'm told this will shortly be sent to all clubs.

Now that I have the current text, I want to correct what I wrote earlier. Section 5.1 on says:

5.1 Each section will be responsible for co-ordination of member clubs and activities associated with that section. Each section;
(a) will co-ordinate with the members and management committee to achieve the objects of the Association.
(b) within the requirements of this constitution, structure itself to best serve the interests and running of that section
(c) define the general rules and racing requirements applicable to their section separate to this constitution
(d) with the approval of the management committee, apply where necessary a section fee to cover the expenses of the section.
Which is pretty similar to what I wrote, it's just (b) and (c) rather than (a) and (b).

With regard to bids for sanctioned events, what I said is basically right and applies to Nationals and State Championships:

49.6 If more than one application for an event is received, each application will be reviewed by the relevant Section committee. Where applications are found to be equivalent, the host will be decided by a postal or electronic vote of that States member clubs. The Section head has the casting vote in the event of a tie.
------

Here is the bit on election of officers:

19.1 Any associate member is eligible to nominate as an officer of the association.

19.2 Nominations of candidates for election as officers of the association:
(a) must be endorsed by their Club in writing, including the written consent of the candidate (which may be endorsed on the form of the nomination), and
(b) must be delivered to the secretary of the association at least 7 days before the date fixed for the holding of the respective section annual meeting at which the election is to take place.
(c) if less than 2 nominations are received prior to a section annual general meeting, additional nominations may be taken at the section annual general meeting.
(d) all nominations must be endorsed by another State at the section annual general meeting.

19.3 If insufficient further nominations are received, any vacant positions remaining are taken to be casual vacancies.

19.4 If the number of nominations received is equal to the number of vacancies to be filled, the persons nominated are taken to be elected.

19.5 If the number of nominations received exceeds the number of vacancies to be filled, a ballot is to be held.

19.6 The ballot for the election of committee members is to be conducted at the section annual general meeting in such usual and proper manner as the
committee may direct.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:37 AM
Tech Elite

or a new organisation one that caters to the racers as a community and not just their own self interest.
+1

With AGM's held in a on line portal where those who don't have the financial means to travel, can still vote to ensure that they have a voice in the future of their sport/hobby.

Technology has evolved the side of EP racing, it's time for a governing body to embrace technology to ensure that the racers best interests are catered for.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ta04evah
Technology has evolved the side of EP racing, it's time for a governing body to embrace technology to ensure that the racers best interests are catered for.
Section 40 covers that. "40.1 The association may hold a postal and/or electronic ballot to determine any issue or proposal."

If a quorum isn't achieved this might be one route taken. I can't say that for certain, I'd have to look into it further.

Rule 47.1 (c) also allows notice to be served electronically.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.