Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Port Lincoln Radio Control Sporting Car Club(PLRCSCC) >

Port Lincoln Radio Control Sporting Car Club(PLRCSCC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Port Lincoln Radio Control Sporting Car Club(PLRCSCC)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Port Lincoln Radio Control Sporting Car Club(PLRCSCC)

Greeting all.

We are starting this thread to discuss all aspects associated with the Port Lincoln Radio Control Sporting Car Club. We will be removing the forum from our website and from here on the forum link will direct you here.

We are a small club that has been running for about three years now and have come a long way since our foundation. We have a great track with a fantastic stand and use the MyLaps timing system. We had a great event at the beginning of the year with the Neo+ Event. The track was named Dickson Park Raceway in appreciation for Noel Dickson who kindly gave us the land to make the track possible. We will definitely be doing this again in the following year.

The track is located at the end of Windsor Avenue near Ravendale Oval. We have been running every second and fourth Sunday of the month however we have been plagued with wet weather this year and have not run many events due to this. We are now getting prepped for the summer season and hope to be running more consistently very soon.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to comment and we will answer all we can. This space will be used for all topics relating to our club.

I would also like to thank all our sponsors who have made this possible:

Wizzit Computer Services
Port Lincoln Trophies
Toyworld Port Lincoln
Swim With The Tuna
Dennis Transport
Drake Supermarket Port Lincoln
EP Fire And Safety
Rotary International
Coates Hire Port Lincoln
Carl's Excavations
Dickson Port Lincoln
Impact Signs
West Coast Bitumen
Sarin Group Fishing
Port Lincoln Tourist Park
Town And Rural Fencing

Look forward to seeing you on the track.

Last edited by cyberbish; 09-03-2013 at 07:20 PM. Reason: update info
Old 09-04-2013, 02:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

That's great! I wish you all the best with Rc in Port Lincoln
Cheers
Old 09-04-2013, 02:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ill come over for a look if I can fly over. I herd last race you guys got cheap flight for people. I can't see my self driving over. Ill keep my eye on the tread for up coming racing. Sorry I didn't make it last trip.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussies1129
That's great! I wish you all the best with Rc in Port Lincoln
Cheers
Hey Michael, good to see you here, you'll have to come down one time mate, we headed over to Pt Lincoln for the Neo+ race earlier this year, was an awesome weekend.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtbkym01
Hey Michael, good to see you here, you'll have to come down one time mate, we headed over to Pt Lincoln for the Neo+ race earlier this year, was an awesome weekend.
Would be awesome Kym it's been 21 years since I was last in my home town
Old 09-04-2013, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Cool now I can keep up with your racing too, and to try and make it down for one or two races. Port Lincoln is always nice to go and visit. Love that restaurant Del Journo`s [ I think thats how it`s spelt ] awesome food
Thanks guy`s
Old 09-04-2013, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by juschasen
Cool now I can keep up with your racing too, and to try and make it down for one or two races. Port Lincoln is always nice to go and visit. Love that restaurant Del Journo`s [ I think thats how it`s spelt ] awesome food
Thanks guy`s
We would also be encouraging our members to do the same, part of the reason for the move.

Del Giornos is a nice restaurant and I would say that if you did come down we could catch up for a feed and a few beverages.

Any excuse for a drink is a good excuse!
Old 09-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k goody
Ill come over for a look if I can fly over. I herd last race you guys got cheap flight for people. I can't see my self driving over. Ill keep my eye on the tread for up coming racing. Sorry I didn't make it last trip.
Our sponsors did offer cheap flights and accomodation last time. Organisation for the next event is kicking into gear, and we can only hope that they are willing to do the same again this coming year. We do understand the distances between towns/cities, and realise that if we want the masses to come we have to do what we can to help.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:20 AM
Tech Addict

Welcome to RC tech... now we can watch and see when we need to come over and race
Old 09-05-2013, 02:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up Thanks Guys

Originally Posted by Gizmo C Jester
Welcome to RC tech... now we can watch and see when we need to come over and race
Hi Giz,

Thanks for swapping marshalling positions with me the other night. You could see I was struggling and you went out of your way to help. Thank You..

Thanks also to Dave for marshalling for me in the last round.

Must admit i was struggling but no where near as much as Kevin who kept battling on. Your awesone KJ
Old 09-05-2013, 04:40 AM
Les
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sigy
Hi Giz,

Thanks for swapping marshalling positions with me the other night. You could see I was struggling and you went out of your way to help. Thank You..

Thanks also to Dave for marshalling for me in the last round.

Must admit i was struggling but no where near as much as Kevin who kept battling on. Your awesone KJ
Hi What are the classes you run, electric, nitro etc etc
Old 09-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Tech Rookie

For the moment we are running 1/8 buggy and Truggy electric and nitro together and we run a 1/10 scale also. If we lack numbers buggy and truggy run together but we hope to improve numbers so we can run separately. We were also running a juniors race when the young ones come along. We hope to have the four classes running separately just depends on numbers.

When we did the Neo+ it was 1/8 buggy and Truggy. Electric and nitro ran together as we only had a couple of electric buggies.

Thanks for the comments so far. Hope this to be a great place for discussion.

I would just like to say a big thank you to Kevin for batteling on at the Enduro. Your one tough bugger to keep going as you did. I wish you a speedy recovery.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Was there racing yesterday?
Old 09-09-2013, 01:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Not to my knowledge there Darren. I was to sick to go anywhere anyway. Bloody head cold. Would have been too wet anyway. The couple of days sunshine we had wouldn't have been enough to dry it out.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Great to see you have your own thread now.

It's been a while since I've been back to my home town, so if you ever have a 1/10th electric event it will be the perfect excuse to head back home.
Catching up with family and friends, plus a spot of racing sounds like a great weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.