Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brush Farm

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 06:32 AM
AC
Tech Regular

Yeah! i went last night too! it wasnt as cold as i thought, and i didnt even need my jacket. Black Knight, what class do you race in? I was in stock, but continuous problems with my car prevented me from being in the A's, but i got into the b's, and came second by around 4 nanoseconds thanks to a ram up the arseon the second last corner!!
Anyway, how did you find the new barriers? I thought they were great!! Except for the little pieces of shredded orange pvc on the track.
Old 08-31-2002, 07:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AC
Yeah! i went last night too! it wasnt as cold as i thought, and i didnt even need my jacket. Black Knight, what class do you race in? I was in stock, but continuous problems with my car prevented me from being in the A's, but i got into the b's, and came second by around 4 nanoseconds thanks to a ram up the arseon the second last corner!!
Anyway, how did you find the new barriers? I thought they were great!! Except for the little pieces of shredded orange pvc on the track.
I normally run in Mod with my C4.1 but last night i was in stock (with my TCS bound) Tamiya TAO4r. This Friday i'll be back in Mod!

The new track layout / barrier setup was awsome!!!! the track was so much easier to drive around, the layout was clearly defined. Very Good!

I think it would be good if we stuck to the same track layout for several meetings in row, what do you think?

Last edited by black-knight; 08-31-2002 at 07:08 AM.
Old 08-31-2002, 05:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

I agree Black Knight, I think the track layout should stay the same for about 6 race meatings so you can get use to it.
Old 09-01-2002, 02:38 AM
AC
Tech Regular

Yeah most definatly! like castle hill, leave the track layout the same for a while. I agree with black-knight, that it would be easier for us to get used to. Dont you think the first corner on the track was too sharp? I did, my ye old pro2 kept ground scraping on that turn, no matter how high i put the car. So now i have an extremely smooth right side.
Black-knight, how did you go in stock? were you in the A's or in the B's?
Old 09-01-2002, 03:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

BK why are you running your tamiya in stock, should you not be running in mod, using the tamiya 11 trip
Old 09-01-2002, 04:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Besercoe
BK why are you running your tamiya in stock, should you not be running in mod, using the tamiya 11 trip
i was just testing the tamiya's basic handling..all future running will be with a 10x3.
Old 09-01-2002, 04:30 PM
Tech Initiate

I've been to Brush Farm a couple of times including last friday...Im still a bit confused on how the placings for the finals are decided...does anyone know?
Old 09-01-2002, 05:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Last time I was there, it was just the usual, your fastest laps/times in any heat
Old 09-01-2002, 07:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Alycat...
I thought that might of averaged out the other heats as well...but I guess im wrong.
Old 09-02-2002, 03:21 AM
AC
Tech Regular

I think its gay how they organise people into the A and B heats. Jenny says that its all done by which frequencies dont clash. I rekon it should be skill level. I was put in the B's, and they were all good, and in the A's, people were hacking each other!
Old 09-02-2002, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i get this all the time at my club... the first sort is generally done on the back of frequencies.... sometimes if it will work i 'grade' drivers, but you would be surprised how hard this can be...

thats why there are heats and finals its what final you end up in that matters and it rare (but possible) to have 3 bad runs in the heats regardless of what heat your in.
Old 09-02-2002, 03:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Helped, no doubt, contact, by the large number of drivers who turn with only one frequency
Old 09-02-2002, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

here is a good one a few meetings ago we had 6 beginners show up for the first time, all to run in the one class all with ch20 - being their only frequency and we only had 3 heats of that class???? can alycat help, maybe you can add a xtal generator to the package??
Old 09-02-2002, 04:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

LOL, similar request from a guy in Texas a little while back - they added a class for some new model of car (don't ask me what), the local hobby shop had been selling heaps of them, so the idea was it was a one-model class for beginners. They had a good turn up on the first day, but they had a lot of trouble setting up the heats --- until someone figured out that the car only has a choice of 6 (yep, six) channels........
Old 09-04-2002, 02:00 AM
AC
Tech Regular

I am one of those people that turn up with only one frequency. But I have never encounted someone with the same frequency as me, i never get interferance, even when my radio is off, and my car is on.
My frequency is 40.710, and channel 71, ive been told it is an extremely rare frequency....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.