Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ESC's

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 11:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default ESC's

I ve heard a lot about such new esc's like the novak GTX and LRP Quantum Comp 2. But what makes these esc's evidently better in performance?

Do they make a big difference in speed, compared to a basic ESC like the Duratrax Intellispeed 16 turn mild mod or Futaba MC 230?

Thanx
Old 03-10-2005, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Peter, what class are you in? Generally more expensive ESC's will take lower wind motors and probably have more adjustments in terms of profiles.

If you are new and racing in 540 or novice, there will be little difference between speed controls as far as your times are concerned. Gains in equipment only are a benefit when your driving is at a level wher they can be noticed.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (92%+)

hey pete. to answer your two questions - Yaes and Yes.

i have the GTX and it has 7 different settings for the throtle.
1 is for 540 racing or stock on a tight track where you want acceleration.

then the 6th and 7th settings are for a large track for mod where you want good top speed but conserve your batteries.

i don't know much about the Q2 but i'm sure it has the same sort of programing.

and i think if you were going for the GTX or Q2 i would go for the GTX simply because 1. it is cheaper 2. it is easy to set up and 3. it dosen't have the history which the Q2 has of blowing up.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

At the moment im racing 540 but once the pointscore finishes i most probaly will return 2 stock. I have noticed that most of the time in stock i would just miss out of the A's cuz of the speed of my car compared to others and my motors are alright but my ESC is basic which i belive is what could be letting my performance down.

Thanx guys
Old 03-10-2005, 03:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Peterben

Also keep in ming the re-released Tekin speed controls, are available in Australia, backed with factory warranty, for much less than comparative speed controls. It is completely adjustable via a light bar on the face of the speedie, and does not require external capacitors or shotky diodes makes for a very neat install.

I will be at Castle hill tomm night, i have one mounted in my 415 come and have a look.

Bradd
Old 03-10-2005, 03:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

I m always at castle hill so ill definatly come by and have a look at the new Tekin speddo.

Thanx
Old 03-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the duratrax ones are ok and they do the job. I have a GTX and it is worth every penny. just changing from a duratrax crapper to the GTX i have gained alot of power and servo speed. Not to mention its lighter smaller and has the all important pre programmed profiles for 540, stock mod, tight , open etc.etc.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

i use a gtx aswell....i can deffanetly feel the difference in power between my lrp ipc/novak dually and my gtx.......the gtx is the smoothest/smallest/fastest esc i have ever used
Old 03-14-2005, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Default novak esc

go!!!!go!!!!NOVAK!!!!!
Old 03-14-2005, 03:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Besercoe
Peterben

Also keep in ming the re-released Tekin speed controls, are available in Australia, backed with factory warranty, for much less than comparative speed controls. It is completely adjustable via a light bar on the face of the speedie, and does not require external capacitors or shotky diodes makes for a very neat install.

I will be at Castle hill tomm night, i have one mounted in my 415 come and have a look.

Bradd
You can also pick up Tekin at the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney