Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rocky Cup 2005

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 01:50 AM
Tech Regular

I believe the motors have been around for a while now and if they are not legal by now they probably won't be. The difference with the batteries is they WILL be legal for sanctioned events very soon, and if anyone was "hard core" enough to buy new batteries for our little Rocky Cup it would seem silly to buy 3300s for mod.

I did ask earlier on this thread if anyone had problems with allowing the new cells and I got 5 calls saying that it would be good and none saying no.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Rocky Cup

Brad,
Is the set up with the pit area going to be the same as last year. I know there was some concern about the cars driving back and forth across the track, and congesting the pit area. Has there been some negotiation with the meals on wheels people this year. I remember there were a few who were less than happy. Have you heard from the big fella who fled to the west (Adrian) if he is coming. Lets hope it is as good as it was last year. 8 racers and 2 supporters from Bundy this year making the trek up. Catch you then.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:02 AM
Tech Regular

So far I have about 59 entrants for the event. The PO box has not been checked in the last couple of days so there could be a few more. If you wish to nominate it is not too late.. email me your details to [email protected] and I can add you.

We have a few past winners running this year...Justin Millan, Michael Sherman and Charlie Jones to name a few. Where is Keith M ???

Apparently Hooters is gearing up for the onslaught on Sat. Nite

Old 04-25-2005, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default HOOTERS

Hi Guys,

I can throughly recommend Hooters, it was agreat night out last year, and the plan is to do it again.

regards Brad
Old 04-26-2005, 04:25 AM
Tech Regular

We have 80 entries so far, and with a few more late entries still supposedly coming , this will be the biggest Rocky Cup so far...

Racing will get under way at about 11Am on Saturday.There will be Practice and scrutineering from around 8AM.

If you need a club transponder you will have to be there to get your car set up for it. It will only take a few minutes but if any nitro drivers want to make ti easier you can install a Y lead from your battery slot in your RX or a extension lead from ch3 of your RX. If you can route it out to a suitable spot for a personal transponder we can supply a small adhesive velcro square to attach it.

Electrics will be easier as they can plug directly into ch3 or battery slot of your rx. They will have to be shared as we don,t have 45 rentals

It will be as easy as using rechargables, as we will have them set up as red 1-10 and Blue 1-10 etc.
Old 04-30-2005, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Some Results

Guys I had a call from the Wobbly one and he assures me that..............

Martin Nichols won 540 with Brad Palmer second.........

Mick Sherman won Mod with Joel Gartland second.........

Was not told who won Pullstart

Well done to the Meakin Park boys

ding........
Old 05-01-2005, 03:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Did Charlie retain the title?? Who won nitro classes??
Old 05-01-2005, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

Pro Nitro TQ and win for Justin Millan.

Stock Nitro TQ Charlie, won by local William Jones.

Michael Sherman TQ and win in 24deg.

Rocky Cup winner Michael Sherman

Conrod winner Justin Millan.

Biggest loser ,,, our lap scoring system

Thanks to everone who came and hopefully we can have a new track and impenetrable race control by next year.
Old 05-01-2005, 05:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Even with the problems with the scoring, I think everyone had a great time. Thankyou Rocky
Old 05-01-2005, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have it on good report that the couple of guys who went from Townsville this year had a good time even with there bad luck, hard luck story of the weekend should go to marty!!! There will be alot more making the trip next year.

Cheers Daniel
Old 05-01-2005, 11:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Qlder
Pro Nitro TQ and win for Justin Millan.

Stock Nitro TQ Charlie, won by local William Jones.

Michael Sherman TQ and win in 24deg.

Rocky Cup winner Michael Sherman

Conrod winner Justin Millan.

Biggest loser ,,, our lap scoring system

Thanks to everone who came and hopefully we can have a new track and impenetrable race control by next year.
Thats a dangerous if not challanging statement!

Thanks to Brad and the Rocky Club, another great weekend (despite some very stressful circumstances). sorry about your decoder .

Charlie was second in Pull Start after a few "flame-outs"!! and Doug Norton was third (a win for reliability over speed!) well done, now he'll be going to IKEA first thing tomorrow!

Congratulations to all the winners.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:12 AM
Tech Regular

I'm hoping that the decoder is OK , i have checked the cable between it and the computer and 2 pins had a 300 ohm short between them. I tried another serial cable and reset the button inside the decoder and it seems to be working again. Noise went from 60 to 0 .

Don't worry Speedbump you weren't the only one to "visit" race control unexpectedly...although you did cause the most carnage.....
Old 05-02-2005, 01:40 AM
Tech Regular

Default Headlights

I think next year i will be fitting headlights into my mod car, man it was dark. I enjoyed the racing.

Joel
Old 05-02-2005, 04:35 AM
Tech Addict

well it was nice to see yours guys again
i hope u injoy the night i show u out and all
and mick and brad charlie i be seen u when i hit brissy in a few months this time its your turn to show me a good time and your night life
Old 05-02-2005, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Headlights

Originally posted by x-ray=speed
I think next year i will be fitting headlights into my mod car, man it was dark. I enjoyed the racing.

Joel
You have just got to eat more carrots!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.