Wiki Posts
Search

Quick battery charger question,

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 03:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Quick battery charger question,

Ok so i fried my battery charger today, yep it was my fault, i wasnt paying attention on race day and the new battery i just purchased has the terminals the other way to the rest of my batteries.

So i am now in the market for a high end battery charger that wont fry itself if i make a mistake. I need an idiot proof one.

Just so i am not seeing things the Nosram stealth touch is the same as the LRP pulsar touch ?? I am leaning towards this model.

The other charger on the list would be the MUCH MORE Cell Master Legend, a little cheaper, but looks like it has less features.

It appears both are popular the track, any pro's or cons from either of them i should know about ??

Beth.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Revolectrix make excellent chargers. I have a cellpro 10s and it is pretty much fool proof. It won't start unless everything is connected properly. The only way you can fry it is by swapping polarity during charging which of course would never happen. It is also much cheaper than the stealth touch or the LRP unit.
They are available from FMA http://www.revolectrix.com/cat.chargers.htm
You need to get the discharge leads and the balance boards extra, but will still be cheaper even after shipping.

THe only thing these chargers CANT do is NiMH.
And they can't Discharge either.

You can charge 2 batteries at a time as well as it has 2 channels.

Balances while you charge as well which seems to cut the charging time right down.

Highly recommended for under $150 shipped.