Wiki Posts
Search

Orrca vic approved blinky escs

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 04:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

and your the other whinger!

and whats a worlds driver playing the stock game anyway?
Old 04-17-2012, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by The Fuhrer
I'd be careful Luke. Al might leave you a trader rating.!
I just did
Old 04-17-2012, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Fuhrer
Sure they will. Just like Short Course at last years Vics.Who are you anyway, The Führer? Quit hogging bandwidth Shane.
I thought your recent pleasant rctech demeanour would soon disappear!

SCT was a demo class at the Vics last year... and since Shane tends to look after scrutineering at Keilor, and the Vics are at Keilor this year, Id say it will follow the stock shootout and be very tightly controlled.

As for the ORRCA Vic rounds, Im sure if you hadnt brought it up no one would even have noticed Luke LOL.

Personally I would rather see a more relaxed attitude at state rounds, as I dont think people would deliberately cheat and but I am a mod racer so my opinion doesnt count for much

I think its a bit unfair for some of you guys to bag out the rule makers though. Spec racing, by its nature, requires rules and its up to the manufacturers to get their equipment on the latest lists. Doing a quick google search there are a lot of people selling up their Orion ESCs as they arent on the lists.
If the lists werent adhered to, there would be just as many people complaining that person x was cheating by using speed control y etc.

Luke, as Neil stated, probably your best bet is to speak to John and see if the clubs will agree to being lenient at state rounds (for all brands of ESC). People using boost will be pretty easy to spot....

Ray
Old 04-17-2012, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I would hope that all racers would encourage more choices for blinky escs. Seriously why do we cling onto old tech so much in offroad 1/10 rc? Onroad has seen the light and gone to 21.5t why cant we? Many onroad clubs os run blinky classes and the orion esc is allowed even though it is not on a list. Why do we constantly not embrace new tech? We are always behind eighth scale and onroad in adopting new things. Why cant we lead rather than follow?

It would be nice if we had a process for approvals rather than having to wait for roar or brca. Is it that hard to test?
Old 04-17-2012, 05:19 AM
Tech Elite

stop moaning and speak to your orrca vic rep.

stop whining and speak to the local orion distributors and get them aboard to put the orions on the arrmcc esc blinky list.

once you have done that, and a couple of months have passed by and nothing has happened, then I give you permission to whine like a biatch
Old 04-17-2012, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Why do you have this perpetual fantasy about me moaning alan? Your a sick sick man
Old 04-17-2012, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker
the top 3 stock motors are pulled down AFTER a major meet.

what stops people from running illegal motors all weekend, and putting a legal motor in the last final?..........nothing I suppose.
In that case, IF the person wins the first 2 finals, scrutinering holds the car as is till the end of the event. Once the other top places are decided all motors are torn down checked and i believe ESC software is checked.

If the person doesnt win by the 3rd final and runs the illegal motor or esc in the 3rd final they would get caught out. If they decide to change out for the last final they prob wouldn't get the win anyway being slower than before.

From what I've heard it can take longer for some ESCs and motors to get approved than others, a lot say it's down to manufacturer submittion?

Nearly every driver cuts their teeth in stock. It's some of the closest and exciting racing out there, everyone is on the same speed playing field and it's 100% down to car setup, tires and more importantly driving. Spec racing needs integrity, and consistant rulings. We've all been through the troubles of getting approved motors, batteries, it's something we have to do.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ray_munday
As for the ORRCA Vic rounds, Im sure if you hadnt brought it up no one would even have noticed Luke LOL.
Ray
Yeah that did cross my mind mate Last thing i want though is getting dq for illegal equipment. Heck i was the sole scrutineer for the 1st stock shootout so i know and play by the rules.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Luke
I'm not having a go at you,but what you are asking for is an exception to the current rules and this is where the problem starts. If exceptions are made for you, then others will ask for other things and then all of the other drivers in that class that comply to the rules for stock maybe left at a disadvantage. I understand that your intentions are honest and your not looking for an unfair advantage but there needs to be some structure in place. I am more than happy to lend you a couple of "legal" esc's to get you through the meet rather than keep moving the "goal posts".

P.s. As far as I know the governing bodies in Australia are made up of volunteers, just like most local clubs. It's easy to point out their deficiencies, but until your prepared to "walk a day in their shoes", don't complain.

Cheers

Matt
Old 04-17-2012, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

and your the other whinger!

and whats a worlds driver playing the stock game anyway?
Well, my World's campaign was tainted by a chassis purchased from an unreliable source

Originally Posted by ray_munday
I thought your recent pleasant rctech demeanour would soon disappear!

SCT was a demo class at the Vics last year... and since Shane tends to look after scrutineering at Keilor, and the Vics are at Keilor this year, Id say it will follow the stock shootout and be very tightly controlled.

Personally I would rather see a more relaxed attitude at state rounds, as I dont think people would deliberately cheat and but I am a mod racer so my opinion doesnt count for much

I think its a bit unfair for some of you guys to bag out the rule makers though. Spec racing, by its nature, requires rules and its up to the manufacturers to get their equipment on the latest lists. Doing a quick google search there are a lot of people selling up their Orion ESCs as they arent on the lists.
If the lists werent adhered to, there would be just as many people complaining that person x was cheating by using speed control y etc.

Luke, as Neil stated, probably your best bet is to speak to John and see if the clubs will agree to being lenient at state rounds (for all brands of ESC). People using boost will be pretty easy to spot....

Ray
It took a known value to get into the groove. Please note I'm going easy on sppelling/grammmar.

Originally Posted by lookieaefanboi
I would hope that all racers would encourage more choices for blinky escs. Seriously why do we cling onto old tech so much in offroad 1/10 rc? Onroad has seen the light and gone to 21.5t why cant we? Many onroad clubs os run blinky classes and the orion esc is allowed even though it is not on a list. Why do we constantly not embrace new tech? We are always behind eighth scale and onroad in adopting new things. Why cant we lead rather than follow?

It would be nice if we had a process for approvals rather than having to wait for roar or brca. Is it that hard to test?
+1

stop moaning and speak to your orrca vic rep.

stop whining and speak to the local orion distributors and get them aboard to put the orions on the arrmcc esc blinky list.

once you have done that, and a couple of months have passed by and nothing has happened, then I give you permission to whine like a biatch
Al, stop posting on the non for sale threads!
Old 04-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Yay as of today the complete new series of Orion r10 escs has been approved by roar!
http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=737

Matt not really asking for an exception, more of a ruling really. The arcmcc rules define the parameters of a legal blinky esc so really they should be able to add escs to their own list and not have to wait for another sanctioning body. I dont for a moment believe it is easy setting rules etc. However they volunteered for that position and therefore open themselves up to being questioned. I am still yet to determine whether they have a formal submittion or testing process for approval and will query john w on sunday regarding this. In no way is that questioning critical of arcmcc/orrca or any individual, it is just a question and maybe the 1st step towards more efficient approvals?

Last edited by lookieaefanboi; 04-17-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:57 PM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

The AARCMCC stock offroad non-timing ESC list is a standalone document, and doesn't explicitly reference ROAR and/or BRCA, even if it may be based on them in some part.

I am more than happy to get my club to make a proposal, but I see some options:
  • Add the ESC/versions from the most recent ROAR/BRCA lists to the current AARCMCC list
  • Replace the current AARCMCC list with the ROAR list
  • Reference the ROAR and/or BRCA lists as valid and allow for specific local additions

One of the considerations is that some ESC/software combinations that were valid in the past have been removed from the ROAR list. There may well be situations that approval is specifically withdrawn, but it is also likely that they've assumed everyone can update.

Thoughts?
Old 04-17-2012, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lookieaefanboi
Yay as of today the complete new series of Orion r10 escs has been approved by roar!
http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=737

Matt not really asking for an exception, more of a ruling really. The arcmcc rules define the parameters of a legal blinky esc so really they should be able to add escs to their own list and not have to wait for another sanctioning body. I dont for a moment believe it is easy setting rules etc. However they volunteered for that position and therefore open themselves up to being questioned. I am still yet to determine whether they have a formal submittion or testing process for approval and will query john w on sunday regarding this. In no way is that questioning critical of arcmcc/orrca or any individual, it is just a question and maybe the 1st step towards more efficient approvals?
Ah yes ,nice work.

But were those esc's approved 30 days prior to the event???? it will be fine either way.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by john watkins
Ah yes ,nice work.

But were those esc's approved 30 days prior to the event???? it will be fine either way.
Cheers john The impression I got was they had already been approved just that roar hadnt updated the list yet I will have to get onto angelo and see what is happening with the v3 hobbywings.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:23 AM
Tech Elite

hobbywing v3?

I remember it took about 3 months or longer to get the v2.1's roar approved last time.

but what's with the hobbywing v3 or orions r10, both top of the range speedies........to run blinky? Over the top isn't it? People with unlimited resources and x amount of experience running blinky........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.