Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2005 AARCMCC W.A. Onroad Electric State Titles

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 02:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I wont be setting it as I am not running. There has been a couple of times where people have been running estimated 27 lappers, only to full sort because of dumping.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:54 AM
Tech Adept

I will be popping down about 12 ish to watch for a while, and see how the on-roaders do it. Should be some excellent racing.
So if you some ugly bloke jumping out of a tip top truck, say g'day, then tell him to f*%k off

Good luck to all racing.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:48 AM
Tech Master

Default States

Just remember for the states first race will be at 10.30 am sharp.Drivers meeting at 9.45 and concourse at 10.am sharp, should be some great racing
Old 02-26-2005, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'd like to say a quick but heartfelt thanks to Perry, Craig and others at Ryper's for doing a great job getting an on-road state titles up and running in WA.

I'd like to say I had a great time, but the fact is I didn't... and I am so disgusted that I am SERIOUSLY contemplating my future in racing electric touring cars...

Why????....

Despite being told there would be 8 car fields for qualifying, when the grid listings finally appeared there were 9 cars in some heats.

Grid listings were posted far too close to the start of the first race to allow people adequate time to make crystal changes etc.

Despite entry information being available for up to 10 days prior to the event, the crystal information on the grid listings was incorrect for several drivers, which caused unnecessary changes.

Given the late grid postings, it should not have been deemed unreasonable to request a 1 Minute delay to the first race to allow the said crystal changes to be made.

While the drivers meeting covered the rules of racing in a staggered start qualifying i.e. let a faster car past, the rules were NOT enforced, or only enforced for the leading car or so. The warning system was NOT invoked despite multiple and seemingly deliberate infractions by some drivers.

People need to get their heads around the idea that, in qualifying, they are racing the CLOCK not each other. Your current position in the field, or on the overall board matters little if a faster car is trying to pass. Giving racing room is a requirement as well as a courtesy. Given the amount we all spend on this sport, being repeatedly pushed off into gardens and barriers, or being hit by other cars, makes racing here untenable for me at least until the people acting as representatives of the governing body actually enforce the rules.

In my years of racing on the East Coast I have NEVER had so much trouble racing with people I don't know... NEVER seen so many people with a crash and bash attitude to racing... NEVER been so tenuous about trying to pass someone just in case they hit me... I am finding all the joy I had in racing is fading quickly and I would hate to see the same thing happen to the few other drivers here who are racing clean, especially when we have such a good facility at Ryper's.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Default States

Well its probably a good thing your considering leaving the sport as everything you have said was incorrect and your facts couldnt be further from the truth.To be honest as a result of your outburst on the weekend everyone would be happy not to see you again racing at Ryper.
PS use the right forum
Old 02-26-2005, 08:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi all, my first post here.

States was a great day! Congrats to Brad Vercoe, Matt Woodcraft, and all the place getters in both classes. I managed 9th in Stock hurrah!

Apart from one very ugly, inappropriate and unnesesary incident, the day went well and everyone had fun!

I just want to express how awesome it was to watch Brad and Sam racing in the A-finals of mod. some inspiring stuff right there.

Good job all!

p.s. to stop any confusion, I'm Dave Sims with one M, not Dave Simms with two M's who's perry's new business partner. (and also came 3rd in stock.. well done Dave)
Old 02-27-2005, 12:46 AM
Tech Adept

I would like to congratulate Hollywood and Brad for their wins, good on ya guys. And to all that participated.

How did Ashley Whitaker go?? Hopfully good. Great young driver with an exceptional pit crew.

From what I saw of the day, a good day was had by all. looked a bit hectic, thankfully I wasn't racing. Congrats goes to all of the organizers of the event from W.A. Raceway and Ryper Hobbies.

I cannot comment on certain incidents on the day because I was not there at the time.

But if ANY driver ever in their Racing career, Chucks a tantrum, and throws their R/C car into the ground, I will gladly swap their R/C vehicle for a dummy.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Great day

The WA State Titles was indeed a great day, I exceeded all my epectations by making the Modified A main in my first ever major meeting, qualifying 4th.

The only down side was the lack of any secondary lap counting system should the transponders fail (number on cars for instance), which happened twice for the mod A main. If a club meeting can be run with manual counting, surly it should have been possible for a State event. It was the only mistake I noticed throughout the whole meeting, but it was a major one, but easily solved one with some sort of identification on the cars, that I did i myself bring up at the beginning of the meeting, but got brushed off, as no one seemed to think it was that important. Hope we learn for the Nationals.

Ending on a positive note, congratulations to all the winners, hopefully I can be a little closer at the nationals.

Kevin
Old 02-27-2005, 03:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey, another newbie who has just found the forum.

I just want to say how amazing it was to see Brad and Sam in the final A Mod race yesterday. IMO this race was one of the closest races (at least the first three minutes) I have seen.

Congrats to everyone who competed, and to Matt and Brad for winning. I hope everyone had as good a time as i did. (and i wasn't even racing )
Old 02-27-2005, 04:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Congratulations to Matt Woodcraft, Bradd Vercoe and all competitors in the event!

Amazing race between Brad and Sam in the modified A Mains. Stock class came down to the last final for the winner. To the organisers of the race, scrutineers, race control, race referees etc, it was a job well done! Excellent race commentary provided by Nathan Hodder who kept everybody entertained and most importantly for the drivers on the stand.

Great job done by the "Sausage Sizzle Ladies"!

Can't wait for the full race event to be released on DVD soon!
Old 02-27-2005, 04:46 AM
Tech Initiate

I would like to thank everyone at Ryper Hobbies, and all the officials and scrutineers (spelling?) for making it a fun day. I had a blast, and cant wait for the nationals.

It was my first big race, and I got 5th in stock, which was great.
Not bad for a newbie in his 4th month of rc

Without the help of Perry, Dave, Bradd and Matt I wouldnt have had such a productive event, so thanks guys.

Oh and of course Dave "Duratrax" SiM s for the help with getting my SSG SD.

Wheee!
Old 02-27-2005, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

Default States

Pomabroad the transponders failed once only in the a_main the other time was a loop problem so it would'nt have mattered if we had numbers or not.These guys were much quicker at the states than a club meeting and its not as easy as you may think.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:19 AM
Tech Adept

The WA state titles was also my first big rc meet and I had a great time. I ended up 3rd in the stock b mains.

A big thank you to the boys at ryper and race officials for a fun day of racing and wet farts to the mong who had the dummy spit. you are a embarrassment to all rc racers.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: States

Originally posted by nhodd
Pomabroad the transponders failed once only in the a_main the other time was a loop problem so it would'nt have mattered if we had numbers or not.These guys were much quicker at the states than a club meeting and its not as easy as you may think.
I don't want to keep going on about this, because it was otherwise an excellent meeting, and a great day. We managed to count Sam previously at club meetings manually, and he was running a similar pace then as to what he was at the States. Only 3 transponders failed, counting three cars can't be too much challenge. Counting manually with numbers on the cars, pressing buttons on the computer as they copme past, would have been easier than trying to count the laps using the two stationary video camera's that was the other backup plan that someone came up with.

This should not be a slanging match. A mistake was made, lets not make it again and move on. Can't wait for the naionals!!.

Kevin
Old 02-27-2005, 07:36 PM
Tech Initiate

I checked the rules on this and it is permitted to count manually.

I have a great laugh reading those rules:
"4.1.12 Coarse length shall be the length of the infield boundary line" - so what is the smooth length?

"4.2 Each sub group will be responsible for co-ordnation of clubs "

"4.3 The I.C Section Secretary and Sectio Head"

"8.2 The National Secretary shall levee each sub group" - what, sand bags in case it rains

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.